• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

Like many (most?) of you I'm bummed that Bebe is gone.

But really, people... what the hell do we know? Like what do we message board posters ACTUALLY know? Anything? At all?

As far as we know, Bebe could have been a goner six months ago. Ferry could be in phase 7 of some long master plan right this minute. Drafting Edy didn't set off any alarms, but maybe it should have if we actually knew anything. Same for Lou. Given the fact none of us know the full extent of his medical condition we have no way of knowing whether he'll continue to suck and erode his trade value. We. Know. NOTHING. Our front office knows though. So maybe we should wait and see?

Hairydawgz you don't count for purposes of the point I'm trying to make. laugh.png

I agree... We don't know. Just like we had no clue about Millsap last year.

I'm trying not to get too excited though.

• Like 1

For better or worse, all I know is Ferry wanted to be more of a player in free agency THIS offseason.  That makes the next few weeks more interesting for me as a fan.  

We can't win the free agency game if we aren't in it.  Now we at least have a chance.  

We were in it last year and lost hard.  Not to mention we were already in it this year before this trade.

Nope didn't follow the Toronto draft.  But I'm guessing that Salmons contract is pretty valuable so I highly doubt he'd have traded him to a team knowing the best prospect in the trade going to them was damaged.

They drafted a guy rawer than Edy with the 20th pick.........

Before we go off spouting that they know what they are doing you first have to know what the hell they're doing. 

The reasoning by Jalen Rose (everyone else was attempting to hold back their laughter, even Fran Frickin Fraschilla) was that they can't get anyone to sign in Toronto so they have to shoot for the stars with their draft pick.  So following that logic then it's not a shock at all for them to take a risk on Bebe when they already drafted a guy who is "two years from being two years away" and all it cost them was a contract that is only valuable as a non-guarantee for 24 more hours.

Nope didn't follow the Toronto draft. But I'm guessing that Salmons contract is pretty valuable so I highly doubt he'd have traded him to a team knowing the best prospect in the trade going to them was damaged.

Oh man you missed it! They drafted the Brazilian Kevin Durant who's two years away from being two years away. Edited by nathan2331
  • Like 1

Sad. But I am over it. What are we going to do with the money? Melo?

My sediments as well. We have to be a franchise that takes risks occasionally. If there is a 10% chance of Melo or Bron we have to do our do diligence and put ourselves in a position to be rewarded. No matter how much we THINK Bebe COULD be a great player.

• Like 1

Parsons is not worth more than 10 mil much less overpaying. He's not even a system fit. He likes to iso to score unless he's shooting and what not. Easy pass.

Not a system fit huh? He fits the system to a tee. Doesn't like mid range jumpers. Great 3 pt shooter. Loves to attack.

He is a PnR Ball Handler more than an Iso scorer. He gives us another person that can create efficiently.

Edited by GameTime

They drafted a guy rawer than Edy with the 20th pick.........

Before we go off spouting that they know what they are doing you first have to know what the hell they're doing. 

The reasoning by Jalen Rose (everyone else was attempting to hold back their laughter, even Fran Frickin Fraschilla) was that they can't get anyone to sign in Toronto so they have to shoot for the stars with their draft pick.  So following that logic then it's not a shock at all for them to take a risk on Bebe when they already drafted a guy who is "two years from being two years away" and all it cost them was a contract that is only valuable as a non-guarantee for 24 more hours.

Ah yeah that does sound vaguely familiar. Maybe that's why but it doesn't make me feel any better about losing this asset. 

Not a system fit huh? He fits the system to a tee. Doesn't like mid range jumpers. Great 3 pt shooter. Loves to attack.

He is a PnR Ball Handler more than an Iso scorer. He gives us another person that can create efficiently.

That's my guess is that this trade was made to give a blow them out of the water offer to Parsons and that scares me how much that is gonna have to be. Parsons would look great here in Atlanta but I don't want us overpaying for him. 

• Like 1

We signed one of the best value free agents who made the all star team.

And yet that didn't seem to get us any closer to a championship.  Heck it didn't even get us a .500 record.  Shoot for the stars though...

• Like 1

I read this forum all the time but this is one thread I had to comment on. I have never seen so many people overreact to a trade. 2013 was a horrendous draft and Ferry tried to go to the pick and stash route. When he found out the person he got couldn't even put on weight without getting injured, the writing on the wall was with our second rounder.

I understand complaining about "wasting your assets" but if Ferry is able to pull something like he did last year with Millsap 2/19... Wouldn't you consider that an "asset"? All I'm saying is wait and see what you do before going for Ferry's job

• Like 3

Stats comparison:

Bebe:

Basic Per Game Statistics-Comprehensive Stats-Statistical Top 25s

Year League Name GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT% Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs 2013/14 ACB Lucas Nogueira 18 16.6 6.2 2.5 3.6 70.3 2.5 3.6 70.3 0.0 0.0   1.2 1.7 67.7 1.9 2.2 4.1 0.5 0.7 1.6 0.7 2.2

Edy:

Basic Per Game Statistics-Comprehensive Stats-Statistical Top 25s

Year League Name GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT% Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs 2013/14 ACB Walter Tavares 35 21.2 6.0 2.5 4.2 58.5 2.5 4.1 59.3 0.0 0.1 0.0 1.1 1.5 72.2 2.3 4.5 6.8 0.3 0.5 1.5 0.8 2.7

Very similar stats. Bebe has a better FG% but Edy is a better rebounder. I'm satisfied that Edy has more than enough upside to replace the departing Bebe. Good trade Ferry.

Oh man you missed it! They drafted the Brazilian Kevin Durant who's two years away from being two years away.

Oh yeah that's right I do remember that now they had a huge laugh about it and him being 4 years away. Didn't remember that was Toronto who did that. So now we possibly got fleeced by that GM? Yikes. 

• Like 1

Ferry isnt allowed to discuss contracts with players till July 1st correct?  So hes just rolling the dice with this move hopeing his one of his top targets will sign. Thats just not smart.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

When LeBron or Melo meet with teams and weigh options, we can say we have this much cap space cleared already. Other teams can show what they could try to do. That could probably help us some.

I was never a huge Bebe fan so I'm not too bummed to see him go. Lou's injury really took away a lot of his value..at one time a lot of us thought we got him on a pretty good deal. It does suck that the two only got us capspace but I don't think we gave up that much anyways.

Time will tell..even if it isn't Bron/Melo, I'm sure our GM and coach have an idea of who they want to fit in to our system.

Oh man you missed it! They drafted the Brazilian Kevin Durant who's two years away from being two years away.

That was hilarious - everyone on set having a good chuckle at that.