• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

My god this is a terrible trade. I was VERY high on Bebe as a project center and he just DUMPS for a couple mil of cap space.

Anyways, this move in combination with him drafting an NBA ready prospect in Payne tells me that Ferry is feeling some of the pressure to WIN NOW and is determined to sign someone who can take us to the next level.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 1

I understand complaining about "wasting your assets" but if Ferry is able to pull something like he did last year with Millsap 2/19... Wouldn't you consider that an "asset"? All I'm saying is wait and see what you do before going for Ferry's job

If Millsap leaves after this year how exactly was he ever an actual asset?  I'm starting to think the Hawks brass sees that we have a large fanbase that's just happy to be in the playoffs even if they can't get out of the first round.

Uhh what now?  Dwight Howard, hometown Atlanta kid, not ring a bell?

Paul milsap ring a bell? Oh yeah we signed him to a great deal and he made the all star team. Howard is a crybaby who I wouldn't even want on our team. What other big time free agents last yr? Nowhere near what is available this yr.

Stats comparison:

Bebe:

Basic Per Game Statistics-Comprehensive Stats-Statistical Top 25s

Year League Name GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT% Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs 2013/14 ACB Lucas Nogueira 18 16.6 6.2 2.5 3.6 70.3 2.5 3.6 70.3 0.0 0.0   1.2 1.7 67.7 1.9 2.2 4.1 0.5 0.7 1.6 0.7 2.2

Edy:

Basic Per Game Statistics-Comprehensive Stats-Statistical Top 25s

Year League Name GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT% Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs 2013/14 ACB Walter Tavares 35 21.2 6.0 2.5 4.2 58.5 2.5 4.1 59.3 0.0 0.1 0.0 1.1 1.5 72.2 2.3 4.5 6.8 0.3 0.5 1.5 0.8 2.7

Very similar stats. Bebe has a better FG% but Edy is a better rebounder. I'm satisfied that Edy has more than enough upside to replace the departing Bebe. Good trade Ferry.

If you have to draft a guy in the 2nd round to make up for a 1st round failure from the previous year's draft then there's nothing good about it.

Off Topic but Jonas Valancunias will soon be the best center in the NBA. 

He's a beast.

• Premium Member

This is about Melo or either Parsons, Deng, Hayward or Stephenson. The dream of Lebron is just that unless we SnT for Melo and then even then the chances are slim that he's leaving Miami.

I don't think Melo is in that group

Paul milsap ring a bell? Oh yeah we signed him to a great deal and he made the all star team. Howard is a crybaby who I wouldn't even want on our team. What other big time free agents last yr? Nowhere near what is available this yr.

Haha that's funny. Millsap was a 2nd tier FA. Not someone you fly across the country to sit down and present a strategy to. I'm glad we got Millsap but please don't try and make his signing sound like it was our plan all along. Last year we took the ugly girl home after getting spurned by the hot chick and that's what we're looking at this year again. Gonna flirt with Lebron and Melo and end up with Parsons, Deng, Lance or Hayward. 

• Like 1

I don't think Melo is in that group

He's in that group only because he's not likely going back to NY and it doesn't seem like Miami will have the money to add him as part of their stars.  So he's going to go somewhere by himself to join a team. 

If Millsap leaves after this year how exactly was he ever an actual asset?  I'm starting to think the Hawks brass sees that we have a large fanbase that's just happy to be in the playoffs even if they can't get out of the first round.

No I'm tired of not getting out of the first round just like your self, but is Bebe really going to be that difference between getting out of the first round? lmao come on

Ah yeah that does sound vaguely familiar. Maybe that's why but it doesn't make me feel any better about losing this asset.

I feel ya Dolf but just see this through. We are trying to win the war not the small battles.

• Like 1

No I'm tired of not getting out of the first round just like your self, but is Bebe really going to be that difference between getting out of the first round? lmao come on

No but I sure as heck think that Dieng and someone like Snell, 2 very young talented guys who'd start on this years Atlanta Hawks could certainly help get us out of the 2nd round. Heck they'd have helped us beat Indy last year. 

No matter how you slice it, drafting Bebe is now a massive failure. 

Again you're hung up on Bebe instead of an asset being wasted.  Wasting a 1st round pick is never a good thing.

• Like 1

I'd feel a lot better about this if it hadn't been 18 years since the last marquee free agent was interested in Atlanta. 

Exactly.  The tease of last year's offseason is why it's hard to be optimistic about landing one of the star players.

• Like 1

Again you're hung up on Bebe instead of an asset being wasted.  Wasting a 1st round pick is never a good thing.

Ferry has obviously decided that Bebe isn't worth keeping. It sucks, but there's no sense in holding onto a player that has no value (in your own eyes) just because you drafted him. 

Just my guess here. Ferry could be going to go hard after Heyward and Parsons. If he does decide on these two. I wonder if he will poison pill these contracts?

Utah plans on matching any offer, so our best bet if we lose out on the Lebron/Melo sweepstakes (hoping we don't) is to go after Parsons.

Edited by ATLHawks3