• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

We waived Salmons, so going into free agency we have anywhere near $18,000,000 to $25,000,000 to spend.

Oh and how long has it been since you've graduated highschool?

94 thanks for the info

Hey Dolph, your in Houston right? What are the thoughts about Parsons out there? Do they actually think they can get Melo and/or Bron?

Yes the fans here think they will get one of them. Even the casual fans who don't follow the NBA or the Rockets were asking me the other day if they got Lebron in the draft. I told 3 different people that Lebron wasn't available in the draft.  Fans are very excited about it and I think the shine is wearing off of Harden and they're open to trading him for Melo. 

• Premium Member

Something else that has to be said: even if Lou was bad last year he still filled valuable minutes at SG for us. Whose on the roster now for those minutes? Jenkins has looked like garbage when he was healthy and the only other guy is Korver. We need a SG like something bad. Same goes for SF.

I also agree with Dolf that you don't just jettison Lou and Bebe and only get back cap relief NOW when we'd have that same cap relief NEXT offseason. The only way it makes sense is DF using that cap space NOW to sign someone. And who frankly is that going to be other than a legit superstar?  We could have gotten Deng already with that kind of money or even that crazy idiot Lance Stephenson.

So why now? There better be a payoff for it THIS offseason. Giving up on first rounders and not even getting one back like he did is sheer lunacy. The freaking Rockets got a first round pick back for another team giving THEM cap relief AND taking a MALCONTENT off their team. Why can't Ferry do that?

• Like 1

That's a real concern if Jenkins doesn't bounce back as that's back to back 1st round picks wasted. 

Yep.  Missing on 1st rounders and not landing any premium talent.  It's becoming a major concern.  We sure are flexible though.

• Like 2

• Admin

I am offline for a couple hours and if miss Lou getting traded.

I am shocked about Bebe being included. I hope Ferry has something up his sleeve ... I hope it is not over a pipe drea, of bron.

Maybe there is more to his injuries then we know.

Either way we have a lot more cap space to woe with.

I hear ya. I could see us paying a small premium but I don't see Ferry giving a second or third tier talent a massive contract. I think this is simply to allow us the flexibility to be players without relying on 3 way trades or sign and trades.

I guess it depends on the amount of pressure Ferry is getting from ownership.  His moves are looking like they're designed to win now and that kind of surprises me as that's not the Spurs model. 

Something else that has to be said: even if Lou was bad last year he still filled valuable minutes at SG for us. Whose on the roster now for those minutes? Jenkins has looked like garbage when he was healthy and the only other guy is Korver. We need a SG like something bad. Same goes for SF.

I also agree with Dolf that you don't just jettison Lou and Bebe and only get back cap relief NOW when we'd have that same cap relief NEXT offseason. The only way it makes sense is DF using that cap space NOW to sign someone. And who frankly is that going to be other than a legit superstar?  We could have gotten Deng already with that kind of money or even that crazy idiot Lance Stephenson.

So why now? There better be a payoff for it THIS offseason. Giving up on first rounders and not even getting one back like he did is sheer lunacy. The freaking Rockets got a first round pick back for another team giving THEM cap relief AND taking a MALCONTENT off their team. Why can't Ferry do that?

I'm guessing that we'll add someone in free agency to fill Lou's minutes, unless Patterson really shows out. He's a talented and underrated player though so who knows. 

We need wings bad or this bird ain't going to get off the ground.

@Ebert translation por favor

• Premium Member

Qualifying offers were extended to Scott and Mack. They want to keep Scott at the least. Also, the Hawks know they don't have a shot at Melo or Lebron. This is isn't about them.

I'm slow to dismiss a run at one of the two, particularly LeBron since he and Ferry know each other as they do. And it can't escape his attention that we were within 3 minutes of taking IND down in Game 6 w/o the services of an All-Star.

You are way over on your estimates of our cap space.  We've got at least 45 million committed right now after extending QO's to Mack and Scott plus we've got empty slot cap charges and that doesn't include Muscala either. We are much closer to 15 million free actually. 

Sorry went off John Schumann calculations and he made the wrong estimation.

Edited by ATLHawks3

Sorry went off John Schumann calculations and he made the wrong estimation.

No worries just wanted to get the real number out there so that people aren't thinking we've got a boatload of space. We've got a respectable amount but nothing compared to Miami at over 50. 

Yes the fans here think they will get one of them. Even the casual fans who don't follow the NBA or the Rockets were asking me the other day if they got Lebron in the draft. I told 3 different people that Lebron wasn't available in the draft. Fans are very excited about it and I think the shine is wearing off of Harden and they're open to trading him for Melo.

Lol - seriously LeBron in the draft. Hahaha!!!

I'm guessing that we'll add someone in free agency to fill Lou's minutes, unless Patterson really shows out. He's a talented and underrated player though so who knows.

Yep. I think he could be better than Lou was last year right off the bat. He has more fire that's for sure. Plus I think Mack and Teague provided an interesting combo at times last season. But we still need a bonafide slasher. Lou definitely wasn't that at this stage of his career.