• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

I guess it depends on the amount of pressure Ferry is getting from ownership.  His moves are looking like they're designed to win now and that kind of surprises me as that's not the Spurs model. 

I think he's doing what he did last year when, instead of Melo and LeBron (and Wade... and Bosh...), DF did what he had to do in order to give us at least the opportunity to pull off the incredible (ie, Paul and Howard). But even if he isn't successful, he still owns the assets necessary to, at least, improve in some ways he couldn't previously.

Yep. I think he could be better than Lou was last year right off the bat. He has more fire that's for sure. Plus I think Mack and Teague provided an interesting combo at times last season. But we still need a bonafide slasher. Lou definitely wasn't that at this stage of his career.

That'll be Parsons at 14 million hang3.gif

I think he's doing what he did last year when, instead of Melo and LeBron (and Wade... and Bosh...), DF did what he had to do in order to give us at least the opportunity to pull off the incredible (ie, Paul and Howard). But even if he isn't successful, he still owns the assets necessary to, at least, improve in some ways he couldn't previously.

And I honestly have no problem with that strategy as long as you're drafting players that can be stashed and thus become useful players down the line. But getting nothing out of those picks is really starting to sting. 

• Like 1

You can put lipstick on a pig...

You and several others are out of lipstick by now with all the pretty pictures being painted of Bebe. I would trade Bebe and Schröder straight up for TJ Warren. And Bebe along with a future second straight up for Ennis or Hood. All this drama over a guy who may never ever play in the NBA is nuts IMO.

Last years draft was touted as being the weakest in a decade; that has only been confirmed a year later.

• Like 2

I was doing my homework then I saw the trade.  i know that it kinda sad to see Lou and Bebe go but I think Ferry is working on something big and after all of the moves that he did.  We should trust in Ferry and wait to see how this will play out.  We need to relax and wait.

Yep and 1 of them was even a guy who asked me that!

You know that saying 'better to let them THINK you're a fool instead of opening your mouth and remove all doubt' or something like that. lol

You and several others are out of lipstick by now with all the pretty pictures being painted of Bebe. I would trade Bebe and Schröder straight up for TJ Warren. And Bebe along with a future second straight up for Ennis or Hood. All this drama over a guy who may never ever play in the NBA is nuts IMO.

Last years draft was touted as being the weakest in a decade; that has only been confirmed a year later.

Again it's not about Bebe it's about wasting a 1st round pick.

Non-lottery picks in weak drafts typically don't have much of an impact, but that is a mark against Ferry, yes.

Not if that excess cap room nets an All Star quality player.

I'm willing to let this play out before casting judgement. I'd love to know what Ferry and Coach Bud have cooking.

• Like 3

And I'd take Dieng and Snell over TJ Warren all day every day. 2 guys who'd start for us this year if we made smart draft choices. 

Not if that excess cap room nets an All Star quality player.

I'm willing to let this play out before casting judgement. I'd love to know what Ferry and Coach Bud have cooking.

I'm saving my meltdown for the end of the week - Happy 4th of July :-)

I've started typing up my rant in word to post come Friday when we get nothing, lol.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

@Ebert translation por favor

Basically he posted this:

35f0053dc6.png

And his followers thought he was talking about being traded.  He clarified that he was having family problems and it wasn't about basketball.  But google translate could be lying...

Edited by ViperXX79
  • Like 1

And I'd take Dieng and Snell over TJ Warren all day every day. 2 guys who'd start for us this year if we made smart draft choices. 

Dieng is debatable (I'd still say unlikely), but no way in hell would Snell be starting unless he had an unbelievable offseason of improvement. 

• Like 1