• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

And I'd take Dieng and Snell over TJ Warren all day every day. 2 guys who'd start for us this year if we made smart draft choices.

I'd take Dieng and Snell over BeBe ......but not over TJ Warren. He would have easily been a top 10 pick had he come off his sophomore season for the 2013 draft.

Warren is the 1st guy to lead the ACC in both scoring and FT % since Tim Duncan. He did this in the year they add Syracuse and Pitt to make the league even tougher. His ability to score is pretty special.

I'm with you though........ Dieng is the guy I was banging the table for in the 2013 draft.

• Premium Member

I'm slow to dismiss a run at one of the two, particularly LeBron since he and Ferry know each other as they do. And it can't escape his attention that we were within 3 minutes of taking IND down in Game 6 w/o the services of an All-Star.

LeBron and friends have already started the process of retooling the Heat negotiating new deals among themselves already. He is not interested in the Hawks at all. Of the teams that are supposedly on his free agent list, he's not even going to be present when or if his agent meets with them. LeBron is not leaving Miami. And Carmelo's schedule for free agency is out and the Hawks aren't on it. He will make his choice of team known next week.

I'd take Dieng and Snell over BeBe ......but not over TJ Warren. He would have easily been a top 10 pick had he come off his sophomore season for the 2013 draft.

Warren is the 1st guy to lead the ACC in both scoring and FT % since Tim Duncan. He did this in the year they add Syracuse and Pitt to make the league even tougher. His ability to score is pretty special.

I'm with you though........ Dieng is the guy I was banging the table for in the 2013 draft.

Warren will never be able to lock down the paint or be a 3 and D guy like those 2 would be. Not that Warren doesn't look like he won't be a good scorer as he should be, but I just think Dieng and Snell (or Bullock) would be amazing fits on this team.

Dieng is debatable (I'd still say unlikely), but no way in hell would Snell be starting unless he had an unbelievable offseason of improvement.

You're right I thought Snell had a better offensive season than he did. He was still very good defensively for a rookie with a 104 rating and shot 32% from 3 though.

I swear I will drop this team one day and when I do I will split in Levenson face.

You'll split? Like a worm?

I swear I will drop this team one day and when I do I will split in Levenson face.

Why you say that for?  i met him before and he is very nice person.  This move means they got something going on that none of us know about.  When the last time that Hawks had this much cap space and roster that can get to the playoff with your best player on the court.

For getting rid of JJ, Marvin and Lou contract without using amnesty providence and making the Hawks a pretty nice team if a superstar wants to come.  i have faith in this organization.  GO HAWKS!!!

I wasn't overly optimistic that Bebe would ever amount to anything in the NBA. Interesting prospect, yes, but we now have $20 million in cap space and we didn't give up any of our core assets. I like it.

15 million and actually less once we match offers to Scott and/or Mack.

Honestly, just get a PnR PG this off-season it can still be savaged for me. Jeremy Lin would salvage this off-season for me. Anything like overpaying Deng and going into the season with the same tomfoolery is not that inspiring.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Mello and King James go to the Heat, together, and they add others to use

up that $50 M that they have available.

Really, before we all go over the deep end, how does this deal really change

anything for us next season?  Many didn't want the guard and not any of us

expected Babe to come here and start, did we?

Will we now be able to sign a super star?  Odds have to say, no.  We weren't

really expecting to, were we?

Too many of us think we know all the answers when we don't really know what

the questions are.  Calm down.  There is an old axiom:  "In order to make an omelet,

you must break some eggs!"  This is just another step.  Maybe it works and maybe

it doesn't work.

angel.gif

• Like 1

Honestly, just get a PnR PG this off-season it can still be savaged for me. Jeremy Lin would salvage this off-season for me. Anything like overpaying Deng and going into the season with same [edited] is not that inspiring.

STOP with the f words. You know better.

Why you say that for?  i met him before and he is very nice person.  This move means they got something going on that none of us know about.  When the last time that Hawks had this much cap space and roster that can get to the playoff with your best player on the court.

For getting rid of JJ, Marvin and Lou contract without using amnesty providence and making the Hawks a pretty nice team if a superstar wants to come.  i have faith in this organization.  GO HAWKS!!!

If we add Deng, Parsons, etc. It's just the same pig with different makeup. This team still ain't seeing Indy, Miami or healthy Chicago. This organization is still selling the same damn pig.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

15 million and actually less once we match offers to Scott and/or Mack.

So basically we're going to sign Deng and a cheap SG to fill Lou's minutes.  4th in the East but 1st in our hearts.  The 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks.

• Like 3

Honestly, just get a PnR PG this off-season it can still be savaged for me. Jeremy Lin would salvage this off-season for me. Anything like overpaying Deng and going into the season with same fuckery is not that inspiring.

Oh no you don't - you're not hijacking this thread with your suddenly unnatural obsession with Lin.

Stick to the topic.

Don't be so sure. He's a restricted free agent and we're going to have to steal him from Houston.

No way. We will let someone else have him. He would be the highest paid Hawk since Joe. Don't see it happening. Though taking money out of the equation for a sec, last years squad plus Parsons and Horford is intriguing.

If we add Deng, Parsons, etc. It's just the same pig with different makeup. This team still ain't f***ing with Indy, Miami or healthy Chicago. This organization is still selling the same damn pig.

The pelicans?

Dang! I take a little time off from the squawk today thinking not much would happen on a Sunday evening, then BOOM -- Lou and Bebe gone and a (so far) 22 page thread is off and running here.

I could go either way here, and will wait for the end result of the off season, but I will say this:

Ferry has made this team's off seasons so much more interesting than Sund and BK ever did, for better or worse, and I'm certainly glad for that.  At least you can't sleep on this guy.  Staying interesting keeps you relevant.  Being relevant and flexible allows for opportunities that otherwise would not be there before.  

Sit back, have a drink and some popcorn, and enjoy the ride folks.

• Like 2