• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

No matter what, that money will give us a chance to get better assets than Lou or Bebe. Ferry plays chess, we were only playing checkers prior to him.

We already had some money to make some moves.  Like in chess sooner or later you have to attack and actually get something done to win.  Just having a chance to do something isn't ever going to satisfy a fanbase.

Here's a couple of 20 million dollar questions?

1-Would Bron or Melo be willing to take the full max and play beside Horford, Millsap, Teague, Korver, Carroll, Schröder, Payne, ....?

2-Or do we go in a different direction...signing one of Parsons, Ariza, Hayward, or Deng to go along with the likes of Stephenson or Meeks?

This is for certain, 20 million dollar questions on a already talented team is a nice luxury to have!

20 mil in cap space and ppl are unhappy.

Wth?

This is best case scenario.

So if we traded Al for nothing would you be happy because we got cap space?

Unless we are getting Lebron/Melo I'm not very happy with this trade.

I don't see Tavares replacing Nogueira as some people have said. I have always thought that Nogueira has a much better ceiling for the NBA...

• Like 2

So if we traded Al for nothing would you be happy because we got cap space?

Unless we are getting Lebron/Melo I'm not very happy with this trade.

I don't see Tavares replacing Nogueira as some people have said. I have always thought that Nogueira has a much better ceiling for the NBA...

Why trade Al let's just amnesty him and then we'll have over $30 in cap room.  smh

I am not happy with this. Trying to reserve judgment but this is gonna be just like last year and we'll be lucky to even get a courtesy meeting with one of the superstars. 

My only hope is that they think Tavares is much closer to contributing than it appeared from his video. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We gave away last years 1st round pick to get rid of a guy on a reasonable expiring contract so that we could chase a dream of getting a superstar who's not even interested in listing Atlanta among their destinations. And some people are happy about this? Are you kidding me? 

To get rid of a $5.4 million dollar expiring and likely productive player we gave away last year's 1st round pick and a guy many expected to come over and contribute this year and we got nothing but cap space in return. Let that sink in before you get so giddy of delusions of Lebron or Carmelo playing here.

That's your man Ferry Dolph! I would say Ferry knew something about those knees we don't.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Wow. I am not happy we had to throw in Bebe to get rid of Lou. Are you kidding we arent even getting a 1st round pick out of this?

I will reserve final judgment until the smoke clears and free agency is over but I'm not at all happy about this right now.

Complete agreement. I can see Tor wanting a sweetener to give us Salmons for cap relief but they should have given us a future 1st for Bebe. We now parlayed both Lou a former 6th man of the year candidate and a potential starting center into....cap space. Wow.

• Like 2