• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

We already had some money to make some moves.  Like in chess sooner or later you have to attack and actually get something done to win.  Just having a chance to do something isn't ever going to satisfy a fanbase.

You have to get yourself in an attacking position. In the world of free agents, 20 million is better to attack with than 12 million.

Why trade Al let's just amnesty him and then we'll have over $30 in cap room.  smh

I am not happy with this. Trying to reserve judgment but this is gonna be just like last year and we'll be lucky to even get a courtesy meeting with one of the superstars. 

My only hope is that they think Tavares is much closer to contributing than it appeared from his video. 

Not hating on Bebe or anything but him getting knee tendinitis from trying to bulken up was probably the first red flag.

Bebe will be the player that haunts Atlanta after this stupid ass trade! Once again Ferry's falling into the Twilight Zone that humbled Dimitroff. Theres no way that trade makes sense for the future. You add a former 1st rd young center to a trade for cap flexibility? Ferry doesn't know what he's doing. Sounds like he's saving his job by changing from the building mode to the "we wanna win now mode."

I don't understand this BeBe love stuff, he didn't even start overseas!

The best player in Bebe's team was their center

The center in Tavares' team had hands made of butter and he didn't start until that center got injured

No, but we didn't trade Al Horford.

We traded a guy that was a turnover machine and an unproven big.

Now have enough cap space to make a huge splash.

I'm excited.

Simple as that. Im happy with it.

You're free to be unhappy with it if you like.

I would love if we made a splash, but it seems superstars don't really want to play in Atlanta. My guess is, we miss out on the big name superstars and piece together a middle of the pack team again...I hope I am wrong, but history is on my side for being right.

That's your man Ferry Dolph! I would say Ferry knew something about those knees we don't.

Maybe but you don't give away a valuable asset like him to get out of a cheap expiring contract. Not unless you know that something is wrong with Bebe AND that we've got a real shot at one of these superstars. 

I can applaud the effort in Ferry swinging for the fences again this year (@lethalweapon3) but we had to get a 1st in return from this deal as not only did we give Toronto a quality talented young player but we also gave them a valuable expiring contract that can get them something good in a trade. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Bebe will be the player that haunts Atlanta after this stupid ass trade! Once again Ferry's falling into the Twilight Zone that humbled Dimitroff. Theres no way that trade makes sense for the future. You add a former 1st rd young center to a trade for cap flexibility? Ferry doesn't know what he's doing. Sounds like he's saving his job by changing from the building mode to the "we wanna win now mode."

I'd venture to say there was a issue with the knees that Ferry knew about and probably why Taveres was selected.

Not hating on Bebe or anything but him getting knee tendinitis from trying to bulken up was probably the first red flag.

Tendinitis is no big deal at all. There's no way that's a red flag.  The guy was already 220 lbs so he didn't really need to bulk up. 

• Like 1

All this crying over fckn Bebe?

There was issues clearly that Ferry wanted no part of..

Bebe really? Lmao

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 2

You have to get yourself in an attacking position. In the world of free agents, 20 million is better to attack with than 12 million.

Great we can definitely sign Deng like we were already going to do anyway.

• Like 2

How many euro stash bigs do y'all want? Tavares has mid 1st round value (Up there with Bebe). Salmons had the most valuable contract out there. We had to pony up something. 

For one thing this makes the FA more interesting for us.

We'll just have to watch and see but I'm of the belief that Bebe could come over this year or next and that Tavares, who looks far more raw, is 2-3 years away. 

This reeks of Ferry going all in out of desperation. 

• Like 1

All this crying over fckn Bebe?

There was issues clearly that Ferry wanted no part of..

Bebe really? mao

When Bebe announced he was going to stay in Spain next year, Ferry would of got it just as bad from Sqauwk.

Edited by GameTime