• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

That's my hope is that they really believe in Muscala and Tavares. Hard to believe that they've seen anything in Tavares that leads them to believe he's more than 2-3 years away from even being able to play over here. And Muscala, while he's nice, he'll never be the type of fast break big or shot blocking big that Bebe already is. 

If he had any structural damage to his knees it would have gotten out. It's just tendinitis as reported. 

You know Ferry doesn't let anything out to the media. I'm sure something was wrong with his knees that would've hindered him from reaching his full potential. I agree you just don't trade one of your best young prospects for cap space. Ferry's no dumbass. 

So DF is admitting he made a mistake in drafting Bebe.

I guess if you realise your mistake early you move on from it. I just wished he had gotten a future 1st in the deal. Is the report of the 2nd round pick accurate?

We can take this with a grain of salt but it doesn't exactly make the trade look any better.

I'm pretty sure Viviana isn't told anything but anyone in the know. 

You know Ferry doesn't let anything out to the media. I'm sure something was wrong with his knees that would've hindered him from reaching his full potential. I agree you just don't trade one of your best young prospects for cap space. Ferry's no dumbass. 

As someone mentioned above, why would the Toronto GM trade for him if something were wrong with his knees? 

• Like 3

Good grief you guys are acting like Tendinitis in his knees are the some degenerative disorder.  It's no big deal athletes get that all the time and they usually play through it. 

It was so severe he could not play through it; that is worth noting in a 7 footer who is only 21. The draft was Ferry playing chess BTW, he took Lucas at 16 instead of 17 to save a little money. If he planned on Dennis being stashed, Dennis would have went 16th.

I don't know what the fuss is over a Euro player that was taken 16th. You would think we just traded Dirk, a 9th pick in a strong draft, for Salmons...

So DF is admitting he made a mistake in drafting Bebe.

I guess if you realise your mistake early you move on from it. I just wished he had gotten a future 1st in the deal. Is the report of the 2nd round pick accurate?

That's a very good point. There were many good wings taken in the draft last year after Bebe that could really help this club right now. 

It was so severe he could not play through it; that is worth noting in a 7 footer who is only 21. The draft was Ferry playing chess BTW, he took Lucas at 16 instead of 17 to save a little money. If he planned on Dennis being stashed, Dennis would have went 16th.

I don't know what the fuss is over a Euro player that was taken 16th. You would think we just traded Dirk, a 9th pick in a strong draft, for Salmons...

I guess you're not gonna get it.  But I will never be exciting with pissing away assets. Whether that's via making a mistake in drafting him in the 1st place or not getting enough for him now in trade or not giving him time to develop. It's a lost asset point blank no matter how it's spun.

• Like 3

Wow. I am not happy we had to throw in Bebe to get rid of Lou. Are you kidding we arent even getting a 1st round pick out of this?

I will reserve final judgment until the smoke clears and free agency is over but I'm not at all happy about this right now.

Saved me from typing all that, lol agree 100%

• Like 1

No it's not an asset.  An asset is something you can use going forward.  We would have had that next season anyway with Lou expiring or we could have used him on a deal at the deadline. 

If we don't get some serious talent in here this offseason then we have nothing more to show for this than we would have had if we had stayed the course. 

Capspace is an asset for this year though. We can use the capspace for a player going forward. Can we at least give it up a month to see Ferry's vision before we outrage?

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

That's a very good point. There were many good wings taken in the draft last year after Bebe that could really help this club right now. 

Or Dieng but I guess he would of potentially got in the way of the CP3/Howard pipedream.

• Like 1

Capspace is an asset for this year though. Can we at least give it up a month to see Ferry's vision before we outrage?

That's why I said I will wait to reserve final judgment, but I tell ya fool me once and shame on me.  Last year was enough with the hope of something big happening.

You know the last time a marquee talent wanted to come play in Atlanta? Dikembe Mutombo. If that inspires confidence in you guys that Ferry is gonna pull off a miracle here then by all means enjoy the HOPE.  But I've been a Hawks fan long enough to realize that it's most likely going to lead to heartbreak. 

Or Dieng but I guess he would of potentially got in the way of the CP3/Howard pipedream.

Ugh yeah that was my 1st choice!  I can't even imagine how much better we are positioned going forward if we took Snell and Dieng there last year instead of Schröder and Bebe. 

And guy, stop getting pissed about trading a first rounder from last year's draft... Because last year's draft SUCKED BAD.  Actual talent was slim and Bebe would have been a second round pick this year.  Go Hawks and IFWT.

Tavares is a better player than Bebe. We got a mid 1st value pick in the second.

• Like 2