• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wojo: Deng Strong Candidate for Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

DONT WANT HIM .... please if we do this im done with the hawks. Good thing im moving to California next month so if hawks do this i will transition to being gsw fan.

Have a safe move. Where are you moving to in Cali?

I moved to DC, I been to Wizards games and I like them but I just have to much love for this team. I stuck with them through the worst. I don't jump ship with them like I do the Falcons and the Braves are never bad.

I wish this team could do it right like the Dream.

• Like 3

Have a safe move. Where are you moving to in Cali?

I moved to DC, I been to Wizards games and I like them but I just have to much love for this team. I stuck with them through the worst. I don't jump ship with them like I do the Falcons and the Braves are never bad.

I wish this team could do it right like the Dream.

Moving to L.A but not gonna be a fan of either of those 2 teams. Steph is my favorite player in the league so i can easily fly to GSW games ! Thats my safe back up if we give old burnt out Deng 15 mil

I'm cool with deng at 7-8m....I mean it ain't the best move but it's a decent move at 7- anymore than that and I think the off season is completely shot the rest of the way.

I'm getting worried...I got that bad news for the hawks feeling like when horford went down this past season.

i would rather sign Chndler Parsons for 13 mil then deng for 10.....

Cosign...go after parsons if you're going to give deng that kind of money.

• Like 1

I'm cool with deng at 7-8m....I mean it ain't the best move but it's a decent move at 7- anymore than that and I think the off season is completely shot the rest of the way.

I'm getting worried...I got that bad news for the hawks feeling like when horford went down this past season.

Cosign...go after parsons if you're going to give deng that kind of money.

yea if were going to overpay Deng might as well over pay a BETTER play and a YOUNGER play in Chandler Parsons and sign him 4-5 year deal to let him get better in Buds system

• Like 1

yea if were going to overpay Deng might as well over pay a BETTER play and a YOUNGER play in Chandler Parsons and sign him 4-5 year deal to let him get better in Buds system

Yup mine as well if we are trying to overpay a guy...if that's the plan "to overpay"...smh please ferry be smart.

Yup mine as well if we are trying to overpay a guy...if that's the plan "to overpay"...smh please ferry be smart.

Yea smh if we get some scurb i would rather start DC over deng . but Chandler i would start him over dc and every one talking about chandler and deng. i would like to have swaggy p , a scorer . and a good replacement for our " 6th man " lou

• Moderators

I know it's not Lebron or Melo, but I wouldn't be upset if we signed Deng.  It's the same kind of signing that MIllsap was and he panned out great for us.  Deng would give us a two-way wing player that's still very capable of playing.  We would be a very tough team.  Signing Deng is not bad news no matter how you slice it.  And $10 mil isn't far off from Sap's contract.  Korver would probably like reuniting with Deng.  All of these signings have a similar ring to them...

This isn't a bad thing... Turning Lou & Bebe into Deng and still have $8-10 for another quality player...  Plus, Deng adds to Hawks International since he's from England...

• Like 1

There is no way I would pay a guy that won't even have his wrist work on and I don't think he fits into this offense but Ferry knows more than we do.  Plus nobody knows what Ferry is going to do so Wojo is shooting magical missiles in the dark for the Hawks right now.

I know it's not Lebron or Melo, but I wouldn't be upset if we signed Deng.  It's the same kind of signing that MIllsap was and he panned out great for us.  Deng would give us a two-way wing player that's still very capable of playing.  We would be a very tough team.  Signing Deng is not bad news no matter how you slice it.  And $10 mil isn't far off from Sap's contract.  Korver would probably like reuniting with Deng.  All of these signings have a similar ring to them...

This isn't a bad thing... Turning Lou & Bebe into Deng and still have $8-10 for another quality player...  Plus, Deng adds to Hawks International since he's from England...

BUt if we are going to offer some 10 mil why be old burnt out deng . Why not young uprising Chandelr parsons. he can only get better . deng isnt getting any better and will never make anoth al star game. chandelr will!

It's the same kind of signing that MIllsap was and he panned out great for us.

So again we're looking at best a 2nd round team.  This team literally hasn't changed in a decade and that's not a good thing.  We have terrible expectations for our favorite basketball franchise.  At least when we were in the lottery we had actual hope for landing a star.  Now the franchise gives us false hope with "flexibility" that leads to nothing but the same old playoffs appearances that end badly.

Just like the braves and the falcons

And ga football if you follow that thrash team

And ga football if you follow that thrash team

Shoot if not for auburn football I'd be a sad sad man

• Like 1

Except those teams have elite talent that can get better.  As long as injuries don't derail them they have laid ground work the chance to be contenders for a while.  I don't know what kind of future the Hawks have.

Except those teams have elite talent that can get better. As long as injuries don't derail them they have laid ground work the chance to be contenders for a while. I don't know what kind of future the Hawks have.

Braves have the same problems they had during the cox era and pretty much haven't done anything to improve/evolve the franchise.

The falcons have stuck with the same coach who has squandered potential Super Bowl contending teams threw or four times

See everything sucks

Except auburn war eagle

Edited by taz

So we burn an asset (our 2013 1st round pick) to get rid of an expiring 5mil contract  in order to overpay Deng?

This is a Joe Dumars-esque move in its purest form. Just for laughs lets see what Joe dumars did last season.

He burns an asset (9th pick in 2014 draft) to get rid of an expiring ben gordon in order to overpay J-Brick.

It isnt as epically bad as Dumar's move but still its shaping up to be pretty bad.

• Like 1