• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wojo: Deng Strong Candidate for Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

I can't believe anyone here would be anxious to give another big contract to a free agent who's coming in injured. Hello Soeedy Claxton? But sure give out 10 million to a guy with ligament damage in his wrist, a guy who can no longer shoot jumpers and a guy who's Bulls team didn't get any worse without him. Seriously people think before throwing $$ away.

I never said 56 million was a max offer. But you've yet to disprove your claim that he didn't have other (besides the Suns offer) max offers. I know you'll never admit you were wrong but you are here, unless you can prove otherwise.

And you've yet to prove that he did receive other offers like you originally claimed making you, whats the word, ah yes, wrong?

• Moderators

Liberal use of the word "allstar"... Did you want Iverson when he was going to allstar games while never actually playing because going to allstar games must mean he was still good...

Deng's All-Star appearances were the NBA equivalent of a participation ribbon.  Someone from the Bulls had to make the All-Star because of their status and record and there was a shortage of wings in the East.  Therefore, All-Star!

He wasn't a deserving All-Star either year.

That doesn't mean he didn't have fine seasons but if you are looking for the absolute minimum someone can do and get in the All-Star game, Deng was about that level.

• Like 1

And you've yet to prove that he did receive other offers like you originally claimed making you, whats the word, ah yes, wrong?

I don't have the burden of proof here. I am quite sure you're the first to say with certainty that he didn't.

Edit - yes in fact you're the one who made the BOLD remark that they were the ONLY team to offer it to him

He still had bad knees though.  His contract was uninsured from the get go and only NY offered him that much guaranteed money thus why he went there.  The allure of the NY market is greatly overrated, look at the Nets too who played in the same market and were already set to move deeper into it in a little over a year.  They came away with Travis Outlaw, Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar and a resigned Humphries as their prized acquisitions that same summer.

Sorry - not savvy.  Do you insert the link somewhere or are you capturing the screen image and uploading that or something else?

http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/1119-Luol-Deng/season/2013-2014-REG?ui=zone14

On your phone or on the computer? On the phone I just do a screenshot and then on here I switch to full version of the site and upload like I would from my desktop. 

post-5-0-36949400-1404183844_thumb.png

I don't have the burden of proof here. I am quite sure you're the first to say with certainty that he didn't.

Edit - yes in fact you're the one who made the BOLD remark that they were the ONLY team to offer it to him

Wait, so you claiming that he was desired by multiple teams doesn't require any proof on your behalf yet me countering with evidence that only one other team bid for his services requires me to provide.....even more evidence.  Gotcha, Dolly Dol!  Won't ever make that mistake again!

Wait, so you claiming that he was desired by multiple teams doesn't require any proof on your behalf yet me countering with evidence that only one other team bid for his services requires me to provide.....even more evidence.  Gotcha, Dolly Dol!  Won't ever make that mistake again!

You didn't provide evidence that only one other team gave him an offer. You simply provided evidence that another team made him an offer. The two are not the same thing. 

Like I said either stand by your claim and prove it or admit you were wrong. If I had made the initial BOLD statement in this thread I'd be proving it myself so I don't see why that should be any different for you. 

You didn't provide evidence that only one other team gave him an offer. You simply provided evidence that another team made him an offer. The two are not the same thing. 

Like I said either stand by your claim and prove it or admit you were wrong. If I had made the initial BOLD statement in this thread I'd be proving it myself so I don't see why that should be any different for you. 

Except you didn't and haven't.  All you've done to "back up" your original claims is tear apart evidence that others have provided to refute your original claims without providing any of your own but it's alright Dol, I've gone in enough circles with you to know where this is going yes.gif Matter fact, I knew from the jump but ahhhhh f*** it, thought maybe this time would be different.  Guess you can add more to the list of things I'm "wrong" on.

Except you didn't and haven't. All you've done to "back up" your original claims is tear apart evidence that others have provided to refute your original claims without providing any of your own but it's alright Dol, I've gone in enough circles with you to know where this is going yes.gif Matter fact, I knew from the jump but ahhhhh f*** it, thought maybe this time would be different. Guess you can add more to the list of things I'm "wrong" on.

If you knew from the jump that you couldn't back your claim up, why'd you make it? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.