• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who am I ?

coachx

Who am I ?

Player #1

14.4 PPG / 6.2 rpb / 2.5 apg / 1.6 spg / 45.6 FG% / 40.7 % 3FG / 15.8 PER / 59% TS% / Win share 8.0

Player #2

16.2 PPG / 5.1 rpbg / 5.2 apg / 1.4 spg / 41.3 % FG / 30.4 % 3FG / 16.2 PER / 52% TS / Win Share 3.6

Player #3

16.6 PPG / 5.1 rpg / 4.0 apg / 1.2 spg / 47.2 % FG / 37% 3FG /  15.9 PER / 56.5% TS / Win Share 7.6

Player #4

16.0 PPG / 5.7 rpg / 2.9 apg /  1.0 spg / 43.1% FG / 30.2% 3FG / 15.2 PER / 51.7% TS / Win Share 4.5

That's why I'm hoping Ariza is our target around 8 million. Still leaves us room to get another good player.

Me too.

Ariza is my favorite today............that may change tomorrow. I just think he is the best current defender out of that list. He is the best 3 & D guy available and has loads of playoff experience. He is still just 28. 

I also like CJ Miles a lot. We could possibly sign both of them if we really wanted to deepen up the wing positions.

Ariza has had his ups and downs. Maybe throw 8 million at him and 8 million at Gasol?

Pau doesn't worth 8 million at this moment.

If we can't sign Lebron/Melo I would like to have Stephenson+Ariza (I'm still in Lance's bandwagon for the right price). 8 million for Ariza and 9 for Stephenson could be enough...

Me too.

Ariza is my favorite today............that may change tomorrow. I just think he is the best current defender out of that list. He is the best 3 & D guy available and has loads of playoff experience. He is still just 28.

I also like CJ Miles a lot. We could possibly sign both of them if we really wanted to deepen up the wing positions.

Ariza is definitely my first choice as he's a 2 way player and should cost less than Parsons plus he's unrestricted right?

What's Miles breakdown like the above players?

• Moderators

I think the Wiz overpay Ariza to keep him. Toronto reportedly wants Ariza too. Not sure why members aren't high on Deng. I'd take Deng/Granger, resign Mack, and roll with Horford/Sap/Deng/Granger/Teague w/ Mack, KK, DMC, Payne, Scott, Scroder, and Pero off the bench. Just wonder if Granger's knees could hold up in Bud's system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ariza is definitely my first choice as he's a 2 way player and should cost less than Parsons plus he's unrestricted right?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/milescj01.html

He only got 19.3 mpg but was productive and efficient in his playing time. He had 3 3pt FG attempts per game and hit over 39% of them. He is not the defender that Ariza is but he should be good value. He posted a 16.0 PER.

Jason Walker is high on him, for his value, per his tweets last night. I had to jump on board with him.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

The thing that scares me about Ariza is he had a career year the last time he was becmoing a free agent, and he was mostly blah after signing his first big contract.

I'm not afraid of Hayward or Deng either. I expect a general manager to be able to project players into our systems. If you can only spot talent when it's balling out of control on someone else's team IMO you're not a good GM. The Braves have been masters at this. How many pitchers in the last 20 years have they picked up off the scrap heap and turned them into good starters/relievers? Ironically they seem to have the opposite effect on hitters.

I actually believe all these players are comparable, so I want Danny to go get the one that projects the best in our system. Added bonus if that person is the most undervalued, for we will get them for a good price. 

Hayward is probably the least likely IMO, for if we were going to target him Quinn Snyder would certainly have that insider information. Ariza is the most likely to regress after signing the big contract IMO, and Chandler Parsons is the most likely to get way over paid. Deng is the most injury prone, but I would give him the clutchness edge. I've seen him hit too many big shots in the playoffs for the Bulls.

Ironically, it seems like Deng may be the most proven and undervalued(injuries/Cavs disaster) which is probably why Ferry will go after him. I have no problem with this as long as we don't overpay. This move sets us up nicely next years free agency too. Saps 9m comes off the books and we should have 15+m again next year to pursue superstars.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 2