• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you happy with the trade if...

Admin

Are you happy with the trade if...  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Since these are binary choices I will explain my thoughts below:

(1)  I am happy if we use the space created to land a superstar.  Absolutely.

(2)  With the two mid-tier free agents it depends on who they are and what their contracts look like.  Mid-tier free agents aren't simply a yes/no thing.  Guys like Tyreke Evans or Paul Millsap can look like great or terrible decisions depending on how they fit the team and how much you have to spend on them.

(3)  Role players do not justify giving up on Bebe.  We could already sign a good number of role players with our existing cap space.

(4)  Bebe is an unknown so who knows.  If you believe in Danny Ferry and his team as scouts, however, then you have to think they wouldn't have spent a #16 overall pick and passed on guys like Dieng if they didn't think he had starting potential.  (If it was just a matter of stashing, they could have traded the pick for a future pick from someone, kept Schröder overseas, etc.).

• Like 1

• Moderators

1. Superstar?

• Yes, who wouldn't be.

2. 2 2nd tier stars?

• Yes, but I'd also be happy with 2 3rd tier guys too.  Deng is 3rd tier.

3. Role players?

• Yes, because we need more quality guys to strengthen our bench.  I'm also okay with either DMC or KK starting.  I honestly do not see Ferry completely striking out this offseason.  He will sign another starter or trade for Love.

4. Bebe?

• No, I don't see Bebe ever being a team's starting center.  I think he'll be a good backup, but I don't see him on the path of a Valanciunas or Vucevic.  I don't have as much faith in Bebe as most do on here.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Y, absolutely. I despise most of the superstars, but eventually we're gonna need one.

Y, adding two players with the same talent level as Millsap would get us to the conference finals, at the very least.

Y, provided they fit Bud's system. Danny Green, Patty Mills, Red Rocket, all of them are role players who are very important to the system the team we're trying to emulate runs.

N, with them bad knees, I doubt Bebe survives his rookie contract.

??

Sorry was a response to Brazil specifically but also as a general response to the main trade thread last night where people were going on and on about his bad knees.

It's not the injuries with Bebe for me. I think he could have been a productive role-player off the bench for a championship team, but not a starter. His frame and rawness on the offensive end don't do it for me and I don't think he's much better, if at all, than Tavares will be.

I went Yes/Yes/No/No, for the record, though it depends on how you define role-player. If we sign 2 or 3 role-players with Korver impact I'd be happy, with Antić impact not so much.

Y, absolutely. I despise most of the superstars, but eventually we're gonna need one.

Y, adding two players with the same talent level as Millsap would get us to the conference finals, at the very least.

Y, provided they fit Bud's system. Danny Green, Patty Mills, Red Rocket, all of them are role players who are very important to the system the team we're trying to emulate runs.

Tendinitis isn't that bad. I have it... hurts and is sore sometimes but I can still participate in a lot of athletic activities.

I honestly think some of you don't know what tendinitis is. 

I actually don't believe his injury had anything to do with Danny trading Bebe. From the outside looking in there's only one reason why we would get rid of a young talent like Bebe and it's fit.

I don't think Bebe fit the culture that Danny and Coach Bud want to have in the Hawks lockeroom. From the outside looking in he seemed like a me guy. It started after he was drafted and was asked to go back to overseas to play. He complained about having to go back. He quit on his team in Europe because of knee tendenitis. He left without the teams permission and came to the US to rehab.

Again we've gotten rid of a much more talented head case in Josh Smith why wouldn't they get rid of Bebe? This is the Spurs way. They got rid of Stephen Jackson when they really could of used him back in the day. If you're going to play for them you're going to be team first or your out the door. People that don't fit culturally or scheme wise better watch out.

The thing that pisses me off most about this is Dieng was a good cultural and scheme fit, but I think maintaining cap space weighed in that decision.

• Like 2

It could have been a work ethic issue with him. I think @AHF had some good hypotheses as to why we traded Bebe though. None of us will probably ever know the real reason but it's clear Ferry doesn't think too highly of him.

Losing Dieng will sting though as he was my first preference last year and looks like he's gonna be a good one.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Sorry was a response to Brazil specifically but also as a general response to the main trade thread last night where people were going on and on about his bad knees.

Well I would say maybe, but you told us to choose... crazy.gif

I think there's info on his knees that DF knows and we don't. 

• Premium Member

Tendinitis isn't that bad. I have it... hurts and is sore sometimes but I can still participate in a lot of athletic activities.

It can be not that bad, but Bebe took months to heal it. It's a red flag for me. 

Edited by BrazilianHawk