• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pacers low balling Lance Stephenson

coachx

I don't think Lance is playing with a full deck.

His teammates were mixed on having him back.  That says something right there.  For all of his talent and how he helps that team to win he also got a much smaller contract offer.

Bird was quoted as saying he will pay Lance what he is worth and deserves.  He must be something to deal with behind the scenes.

And what if his teammates were part of the problem? He's a strong minded man and not sure there was a positive role model that could guide him. The thing in his favor is that he is young. Kinds that grow up in crazy families do crazy things. A healthy environment is part of the solution.  Horf and Sap could do that.  Not saying go after him.....it is a calculated risk.  

He's not getting the suitors everyone expected. Sounds like what Smoove went through with Atlanta before Memphis moved in an offered a better contract. When you think about it, 5 years @$8.8M per isn't a bad deal for Lance. The kid is overrated to me.

When all the big fish have signed there will be a couple of free agency losers with gobs of cap space to use.

He will be someone's 10th choice if he stays patient.....like Smoove was with Memphis.

Giving a mentally fragile, 13ppg guy a huge deal?

This smells like looking back and thinking "Wow did they (whomever inevitably pays him) over-pay".

If this guy was that good, the Pacers would be falling over themselves to get him signed. Instead they are giving a "hey look, we tried."

You mean a 13.8 ppg guy who basically led his team in rebounds ( 7.2 ) and assists ( 4.6 ) from the 2 guard position.   He can also defend the 1, the 2, and the 3 positions.

The Pacers should not be the model for how to run a franchise.   They maxed out Hibbert just because he had one good playoff series and was seen as a "defensive force", despite not being able to rebound at a high rate.   They paid George Hill 8 million a year.  They get a bargain in Chris Copeland at 3.3 mill a year . . but don't even play him, despite desperately needing outside shooting at times.   And their coach, compared to ours, is flat out HORRIBLE.

Honestly, they got LUCKY that Granger went down with those injuries, which allowed Paul George to take on a bigger role and really blossom into an offensive force.  

The ONLY reason why Lance fell to the 2nd round when he was drafted, was because of his character issues in high school.  The Pacers got him on the cheap, and he blossomed into one of the better all-around players in the league in just 4 seasons.

Somebody is about to get a very good player in Lance.  And if the coach and their locker room is strong enough to handle some of his quirkiness, they're about to get a steal of a player who may become an All-Star talent.

I'd be SHOCKED if our GM even has him on his radar, just like he didn't have Al Jefferson on his radar last season.

• Like 1

• Admin

And what if his teammates were part of the problem? He's a strong minded man and not sure there was a positive role model that could guide him. The thing in his favor is that he is young. Kinds that grow up in crazy families do crazy things. A healthy environment is part of the solution.  Horf and Sap could do that.  Not saying go after him.....it is a calculated risk.  

David West is supposed to be a great locker room guy

Giving a mentally fragile, 13ppg guy a huge deal?

This smells like looking back and thinking "Wow did they (whomever inevitably pays him) over-pay".

If this guy was that good, the Pacers would be falling over themselves to get him signed. Instead they are giving a "hey look, we tried."

Or maybe they are trying to save money and are making a mistake. Us Hawks fans sometimes put too much faith in other teams management thinking they know what they are doing.

I think Jax was just a pain in the a$$...I think Lance might be on a whole other level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2621509

I think not.

• Like 2

You mean a 13.8 ppg guy who basically led his team in rebounds ( 7.2 ) and assists ( 4.6 ) from the 2 guard position.   He can also defend the 1, the 2, and the 3 positions.

The Pacers should not be the model for how to run a franchise.   They maxed out Hibbert just because he had one good playoff series and was seen as a "defensive force", despite not being able to rebound at a high rate.   They paid George Hill 8 million a year.  They get a bargain in Chris Copeland at 3.3 mill a year . . but don't even play him, despite desperately needing outside shooting at times.   And their coach, compared to ours, is flat out HORRIBLE.

Honestly, they got LUCKY that Granger went down with those injuries, which allowed Paul George to take on a bigger role and really blossom into an offensive force.  

The ONLY reason why Lance fell to the 2nd round when he was drafted, was because of his character issues in high school.  The Pacers got him on the cheap, and he blossomed into one of the better all-around players in the league in just 4 seasons.

Somebody is about to get a very good player in Lance.  And if the coach and their locker room is strong enough to handle some of his quirkiness, they're about to get a steal of a player who may become an All-Star talent.

I'd be SHOCKED if our GM even has him on his radar, just like he didn't have Al Jefferson on his radar last season.

Lance for 10-12 milion may be too good for Ferry to pass up. Heck, that is what Deng is looking for and he has peaked as a player.

• Like 3

David West is supposed to be a great locker room guy

And he's the biggest supporter of Lance on that team. Claimed he's part of the reason he resigned and said he wanted him back when others were giving PC "ask the GM" answers. So again, what does that say about his teammates save for one?

Character issues in high school AND college. Let's not forget he had 2 pretty big crimes he was accused of. 

That 2nd incident came after he was drafted.

Sorry about that you are correct. He waited to slam his gf's head into the stairs until 2 months after he was drafted.  

Oct 08 - charged with assualting a minor

Aug 10 - slams gf's head on stairs

• Admin

Hypothetically, if we did sign Lance.  That means we shift Korver to SF for spacing ( DMC is our guy off the bench) ... Lance can defend the better opposing wing.  I think then our focus needs to then be a center/defensive rebounding and bench sg.

Not if they've got 65 million or so already in committed contracts and aren't willing to pay the luxury tax. I can see why they'd be trying to get him as cheap as possible. 

I can agree with that but you'd think they be able to make some room if they saw another superstar in the making.  Maybe they can't (I am no cap expert).

Just seems like they are half-assing it. Kinda like the team did in the 2014 part of the season (Sick burn!)