• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pacers low balling Lance Stephenson

coachx

And he's the biggest supporter of Lance on that team. Claimed he's part of the reason he resigned and said he wanted him back when others were giving PC "ask the GM" answers. So again, what does that say about his teammates save for one?

So why were West and Larry Legend (whom Lance allegedly respects highly) unable to corral him.  What makes everyone assume it'd be different here?

And thanks for that @JayBirdHawk.  I threw up in my mouth a little after I saw that.

So why were West and Larry Legend (whom Lance allegedly respects highly) unable to corral him. What makes everyone assume it'd be different here?

And thanks for that @JayBirdHawk. I threw up in my mouth a little after I saw that.

The point I made is that if legends and leaders are on his side then perhaps he isn't as big of a cancer as he's being made out to be. That perhaps because you already have this image of him in your mind that you blow up harmless antics that you somehow believe need to be corralled and use that as further evidence as to why you believe that he's the culprit for the Pacers problems while overlooking the other guys doing dirt just because they happen to do it quietly.

The point I made is that if legends and leaders are on his side then perhaps he isn't as big of a cancer as he's being made out to be. That perhaps because you already have this image of him in your mind that you blow up harmless antics that you somehow believe need to be corralled and use that as further evidence as to why you believe that he's the culprit for the Pacers problems while overlooking the other guys doing dirt just because they happen to do it quietly.

You make a lot of assumptions when you respond to folks' questions I see.  Your post is dripping with as much Paul George dislike as mine is dripping with Lance hatred.  Neither of us know who the culprit is for their downfall.

I don't care so much about his antics.  I don't like his style of play and don't think it really fits here.  The fact that he's allegedly a lockerroom cancer is just icing on the cake of me not wanting him here.  That team has a lot of problems both individually and collectively.  No one is pinning it all on Lance.  What, are you saying he's the one that kept it all together?

Not so horrible when you factor in his salary and Millsap's.

Jefferson's salary = Millsap + Brand

Jefferson = true C

He's worth every bit of 13.5 million.

Millsap is worth more than 9.5 million . . . and he'll get much more than that on his next deal.   So the Millsap savings is only temporary.   And if the GM can't do anything significant with the money saved by signing Millsap to that "small" deal, then Jefferson at his price would've been the better buy . . . although even Jefferson can opt out next season and get even more money . . . which he will.

Jefferson's salary = Millsap + Brand

Jefferson = true C

He's worth every bit of 13.5 million.

Millsap is worth more than 9.5 million . . . and he'll get much more than that on his next deal.   So the Millsap savings is only temporary.   And if the GM can't do anything significant with the money saved by signing Millsap to that "small" deal, then Jefferson at his price would've been the better buy . . . although even Jefferson can opt out next season and get even more money . . . which he will.

I wouldn't be so confident that Millsap will get "much more" than 9.5 million as he's crossing over 30. He'll probably get a little more but it won't be an outrageous amount more.

• Like 1

I don't care so much about his antics.  I don't like his style of play and don't think it really fits here.  The fact that he's allegedly a lockerroom cancer is just icing on the cake of me not wanting him here.  That team has a lot of problems both individually and collectively.  No one is pinning it all on Lance.  What, are you saying he's the one that kept it all together?

You know he led the NBA in triple-doubles, right?  Here's one against the Thunder back in April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuCVudrKcg

This guy plays the game beautifully on most nights.   And he'd definitely fit in Bud's system.  If people are looking for a Ginobli type . . it's Lance.  Almost the same type of game, with a little more flash from Lance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9OEsyiDtcU

You make a lot of assumptions when you respond to folks' questions I see. Your post is dripping with as much Paul George dislike as mine is dripping with Lance hatred. Neither of us know who the culprit is for their downfall.

I don't care so much about his antics. I don't like his style of play and don't think it really fits here. The fact that he's allegedly a lockerroom cancer is just icing on the cake of me not wanting him here. That team has a lot of problems both individually and collectively. No one is pinning it all on Lance. What, are you saying he's the one that kept it all together?

Right so your original response to my discussing people's opinions on his attitude was you discussing his play on the court? That makes a whole lot of sense, why ever did I not gleam that from your post because apparently the biggest question about Lance Stephenson is his talent and production on the court.

All sarcasm aside....

I'm not dripping with any dislike for any particular player on that team but purely pointing out that the dislike for Lance is purely lopsided when people are using him as a lightning rod for anything that goes wrong. You're the one making assumptions that he needs to be "corralled" when I pointed out that his GM and team captain don't seem to be nearly as bothered by, oh wait, you apparently now don't care at all about his behavior......so I guess that means they care less than whatever level of minuscule caring that you're in possession of. I guess the only question here is the on court stuff......so tell me again why you responded to me again?

I wouldn't be so confident that Millsap will get "much more" than 9.5 million as he's crossing over 30. He'll probably get a little more but it won't be an outrageous amount more.

Millsap has always been a very good player.   He's a guy that's easily going to command 12 - 14 million on the open market next season.   And our GM might as well get ready for it.   Now that he's finally gotten some All-Star exposure, the price for him will skyrocket.

Millsap has always been a very good player.   He's a guy that's easily going to command 12 - 14 million on the open market next season.   And our GM might as well get ready for it.   Now that he's finally gotten some All-Star exposure, the price for him will skyrocket.

Huh? He's easily going to get a 3-5 million dollar per year raise over what he got when he was 2 years younger on the open market?  I don't see that happening at all. He's a PF, those guys don't tend to get overpaid after the age of 30. 

And you know he led the league in bouncing his gf's head off of stairs, right? 

Just wanna provide the yin to your yang in this discussion. 

You can provide it all you want.   His girl either dropped the charges, or the police didn't find enough evidence to continue the case against him.

He made a bad decision in a domestic situation one night.   Since then, he's been in other relationships that didn't work out . . but also didn't end in him being physical with a woman.

You hold that against that guy, while the Hawks continue to pass on individuals that could rapidly see us contend for an East title.   You and I both know that we need a talent like Lance on this team.   Even the "righteous" are supposed to forgive.  Unfortunately, it's normally the righteous who are the least forgiving.   Not calling you "righteous", but that's the mentality you're giving off here.

The kid made a mistake 3 years ago . . . and really hasn't done anything remotely to that since.

Heck, Bud was caught drunk driving . . . may as well change coaches, instead of trusting him not to drive dunk and put people's lives in danger anymore.

You can provide it all you want.   His girl either dropped the charges, or the police didn't find enough evidence to continue the case against him.

He made a bad decision in a domestic situation one night.   Since then, he's been in other relationships that didn't work out . . but also didn't end in him being physical with a woman.

You hold that against that guy, while the Hawks continue to pass on individuals that could rapidly see us contend for an East title.   You and I both know that we need a talent like Lance on this team.   Even the "righteous" are supposed to forgive.  Unfortunately, it's normally the righteous who are the least forgiving.   Not calling you "righteous", but that's the mentality you're giving off here.

The kid made a mistake 3 years ago . . . and really hasn't done anything remotely to that since.

Heck, Bud was caught drunk driving . . . may as well change coaches, instead of trusting him not to drive dunk and put people's lives in danger anymore.

Haha okay where to start. 

I think we all know the answer to whether the police couldn't find evidence (even with an eye witness right there) or whether his girl dropped the charges... gee I wonder why.

And comparing assaulting a high school girl and smashing his gf's head into the stairs to Bud getting caught having one too many, that's just too funny man. 

I have ZERO forgiveness for a man who abuses a woman, NONE. There's never an excuse for it and sorry but I'll always see him that way.

His talent would be nice to have on the team and I'm sure I'd even find myself cheering for him, but I'd much rather see him get what's coming to him for being abusive with women.

Huh? He's easily going to get a 3-5 million dollar per year raise over what he got when he was 2 years younger on the open market?  I don't see that happening at all. He's a PF, those guys don't tend to get overpaid after the age of 30. 

Millsap's game isn't based on athleticism.  It's based on hustle and fundamentals.  And he'll be 29 next free agency period.   He'll either get a 3 or 4 year deal from somebody and make anywhere from 36 - 50 million for the entire deal.

Millsap may not get much better than what he is right now, but he's not going to decline much in 4 years either.   Pau Gasol is 33.  Watch him get a 10+ million a year deal from somebody, unless he goes to the Heat and takes a pay cut.

Right so your original response to my discussing people's opinions on his attitude was you discussing his play on the court? That makes a whole lot of sense, why ever did I not gleam that from your post because apparently the biggest question about Lance Stephenson is his talent and production on the court.

All sarcasm aside....

I'm not dripping with any dislike for any particular player on that team but purely pointing out that the dislike for Lance is purely lopsided when people are using him as a lightning rod for anything that goes wrong. You're the one making assumptions that he needs to be "corralled" when I pointed out that his GM and team captain don't seem to be nearly as bothered by, oh wait, you apparently now don't care at all about his behavior......so I guess that means they care less than whatever level of minuscule caring that you're in possession of. I guess the only question here is the on court stuff......so tell me again why you responded to me again?

No one blames him for everything that's gone wrong there.  He's the only one that's a FA right now so he's the only one we're talking about.

He needs to be corralled because he's had at least 2 lockerroom fights (allegedly) and can't keep control of his emotions on the court.  The assumption you made was that my issue with him was purely his behavior and you ran with it citing West and Bird as your champions for the 'Lance is A-Ok' squad.  I merely expressed to you that I have other concerns.  It's possible for me to respond to your comment while also having other beliefs on the subject.  And, no Bird & West are not enough because despite those endorsements, he's still the person he is.

Millsap's game isn't based on athleticism.  It's based on hustle and fundamentals.  And he'll be 29 next free agency period.   He'll either get a 3 or 4 year deal from somebody and make anywhere from 36 - 50 million for the entire deal.

Millsap may not get much better than what he is right now, but he's not going to decline much in 4 years either.   Pau Gasol is 33.  Watch him get a 10+ million a year deal from somebody, unless he goes to the Heat and takes a pay cut.

Millsap is 29.142 years old now so this time next year he'll be 30.142 lol. 

Explain how he's going to get 3-5 million more being 2 years older than he was the last time he was a FA.  He was still based on hustle and fundamentals and he hasn't declined.

Gasol may get more but he's a 7' and he's got the "name" that will get him more money than he's worth.  Millsap is just as good as Gasol but he's not a sexy name and thus he's going to get about the same as he got last year. 

Millsap's game isn't based on athleticism.  It's based on hustle and fundamentals.  And he'll be 29 next free agency period.   

No he is 29 now.........will be 30 next off season.

He actually does use his athletic ability often to face up larger PFs and take them off the dribble. He is not an above the rim player by any means but he does rely on his 1st step to get by the larger defenders he routinely sees.

He actually does use his athletic ability often to face up larger PFs and take them off the dribble. He is not an above the rim player by any means but he does rely on his 1st step to get by the larger defenders he routinely sees.

And he's damned good at that as well! I was very surprised by how agile he is and how he's able to take the ball to the other side of the rim for protection and get the basket.

Quite honestly Millsap might be the best value FA I've ever seen the Hawks make and he's better on both ends of the court than I ever imagined he'd be.

• Like 2

Drunk driving is nothing to play with.  Thousands of people lose their lives at the hands of drunk drivers every year, and is the #1 cause of accidents across the board.

Hell, didn't a major sports star in Atlanta ( Danny Heatley ) kill his best friend because he had a wreck while driving drunk?   He didn't go to jail for killing his friend.  He got probation, and had to speak to people about drunk driving for a few years.   I don;t think the team or the league even suspended him for that.  I may be wrong though.

Anyway, he went on to play like 10 more years in the NHL.  I think he's still playing in the league.

You give Bud a complete pass for driving drunk . . . but want to treat Lance like he's Hannibal Lecter for getting into it with his girlfriend?   Both are things that shouldn't be tolerated.  But both are things that can also be forgiven.

So when he hits free agency next season, how much do you think it will cost the Hawks to retain him?

Millsap is 29.142 years old now so this time next year he'll be 30.142 lol. 

basketballreference is always off on that.

He was born Feb 10..........so he will be 30 years old near the all star game next season.