• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pacers low balling Lance Stephenson

coachx

Per Marc Stein's twitter, the Pacers are engaging PHX in attempts to get Dragic or possibly Bledsoe.  SnT Lance?  CBA-guys, can it happen?

Phoenix is a little PG heavy now with Dragic, the unsigned Bledsoe, and now with 1st round draft pick Tyler Ennis.   So I can see a sign and trade going down.   Maybe not for Lance though.  It could be for Evan Turner.  But then again, Bledsoe is about to get Kyle Lowry money, so it may be something bigger than that.

Off topic: ive never hit a woman and probably never will. I have seen women who deserve it though. Didn't Brandon Marshall's wife stab him? You know what? maybe she didn't deserve the gentleman's treatment.

However, nobody deserves to be killed by a drunk driver.

Also, it is a ridiculous comparison to make because every case is going to have different circumstances.

On topic: i'm torn on lance. He could be the wing we need, but he could also be a disaster. Then again, if he were a total locker room cancer, why would they still offer him $44m for 5 years?

Off topic: ive never hit a woman and probably never will. I have seen women who deserve it though. Didn't Brandon Marshall's wife stab him? You know what? maybe she didn't deserve the gentleman's treatment.

However, nobody deserves to be killed by a drunk driver.

Also, it is a ridiculous comparison to make because every case is going to have different circumstances.

On topic: i'm torn on lance. He could be the wing we need, but he could also be a disaster. Then again, if he were a total locker room cancer, why would they still offer him $44m for 5 years?

I don't pretend to have all the answers but I have a hard time ever saying a woman "deserves" it.  I've seen some messed up situations with woman aggressors but then I always thought the dude should just protect himself or remove himself from the situation.

Comparing domestic violence to drunk driving is simply an apples to desk chairs comparison.

I don't pretend to have all the answers but I have a hard time ever saying a woman "deserves" it.  I've seen some messed up situations with woman aggressors but then I always thought the dude should just protect himself or remove himself from the situation.

Comparing domestic violence to drunk driving is simply an apples to desk chairs comparison.

Exactly. Unless your life is in danger, there is no reason to ever strike a woman. I feel like if you do that then your punishment should be to get struck by a man who's that much bigger and stronger than you are the woman you struck.  Like you said, protect yourself and remove yourself from the situation. 

I think Lance's biggest problems could be solved through castration, but maybe that's just the Texan in me and how I feel about people who abuse women and children.

Just to clarify.. It's not OK to hit a woman who is stabbing you with a knife?

That's up to each person. For me if you're in fear for your life like any same person should he while being stabbed or threatened with a knife, then yes do what you gotta do to stop it.

Just to clarify.. It's not OK to hit a woman who is stabbing you with a knife?

You know my response isn't that simple.

That's up to each person. For me if you're in fear for your life like any same person should he while being stabbed or threatened with a knife, then yes do what you gotta do to stop it.

This.  Plus, if you're not savvy enough to (a) recognize the potential for something crazy like that or (b) extricate yourself from a relationship before it gets to that point you've got real problems.

You know my response isn't that simple.

This. Plus, if you're not savvy enough to (a) recognize the potential for something crazy like that or (b) extricate yourself from a relationship before it gets to that point you've got real problems.

Well in that woman's defense, Brandon Marshall is crazy in his own right and probably deserved to be stabbed.

Exactly. Unless your life is in danger, there is no reason to ever strike a woman. I feel like if you do that then your punishment should be to get struck by a man who's that much bigger and stronger than you are the woman you struck.  Like you said, protect yourself and remove yourself from the situation. 

I think Lance's biggest problems could be solved through castration, but maybe that's just the Texan in me and how I feel about people who abuse women and children.

I think that if a woman strikes you then you should be able to return the favor. I don't understand the idea that women should be able to do whatever they want without consequences. People (especially women) like to preach equality. So there you go.

I think that if a woman strikes you then you should be able to return the favor. I don't understand the idea that women should be able to do whatever they want without consequences. People (especially women) like to preach equality. So there you go.

There's a reason they have weight classes in boxing.

Also, if you have an 18yo daughter who comes home with her face caved in by some dude, don't say, "Well honey what'd you do to deserve that?" Probably won't go over well.

Didn't mean that as a joke. Part of being a man is being in control and understanding the consequences of losing that control are far more devastating for her than for you.

Edited by kg01