• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Inflation!

Diesel

• Premium Member

First Gordon gets 4.5 Million per after having a bad season.

Then Heyward gets 15 Million after having a bad season.

The Hawks will be effected by inflation if this keeps up.  I don't want to see us signing Deng for 17 Million per.  I would rather see us calling up Antoine Walker on a vet min contract than to do something like that.

Inflation.

• Like 1

The Hawks will be effected by inflation if this keeps up.  I don't want to see us signing Deng for 17 Million per.  I would rather see us calling up Antoine Walker on a vet min contract than to do something like that.

Inflation.

Stop with these news stories of other teams signing FA's and trying to pass them off as Hawks topics. Jeez. 

Inflation.

In all seriousness I think each situation is unique.

Cleveland has to over pay to get anyone highly sought after free agent. Orlando does toobut I think their move is more out of stupidity.

Inflation.

Would've 'like'd the post if you'd worked in 'stagflation' somehow.

Other than that, I agree totally.  All these bad deals do nothing but drive up the prices we'll eventually have to pay.

Lastly, the Ant. Walker mention should be a bannable offense.  Man that feels like decades ago.

• Premium Member

Stop with these news stories of other teams signing FA's and trying to pass them off as Hawks topics. Jeez. 

Actually, this has more to do with the Hawks than the actual signing.

We like Cleveland, Orlando, and Utah are a small market team.  This offseason it seems that the small market teams are overpaying for FAs.  I said originally, if this keeps up, we will have to overpay for whatever FA we want.   I don't consider this as a FA watch just a "Damn, I hope Ferry isn't considering overpaying for somebody who doesn't put us in the ECF watch".

We like Cleveland, Orlando, and Utah are a small market team.  This offseason it seems that the small market teams are overpaying for FAs.  I said originally, if this keeps up, we will have to overpay for whatever FA we want.   I don't consider this as a FA watch just a "Damn, I hope Ferry isn't considering overpaying for somebody who doesn't put us in the ECF watch".

Then fine talk about that. Don't start these out with x team signed x player. That really gets on my nerves as it feels like you're skirting the rules with the old "I'm not touching you" routine.  Just make your point about inflation and speak in generalities or bring these up in already existing topics about players. 

BTW, I didn't start the Heyward or the Gordon signing threads.

Didn't say you did. But this and the Shaun Livingston one are 2 threads that start out specifically mentioning those signings. I just happened to be at lunch when Gordon and Hayward threads were created so I couldn't have moved them. 

• Premium Member

After seeing these contracts, I think we need to go after Stephenson. If Hayward can get 18 mil, I think 10 for Stephenson is a bargain. Especially considering that there are few good SGs in this league right now.

Rather 10 on Stephenson (actually no) than 8 on Bazemore.  I'm sorry, I just don't see why we desire Bazemore.

We like Cleveland, Orlando, and Utah are a small market team.  

Wrong. 

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

Atlanta is the #8 TV market. (ahead of Houston, Phoenix, Miami + Ft Lauderdale) Atlanta is actually 6th b/c 2 of the cities ahead of them are actually multiple metro areas in San Fran + Oakland + San Jose and Dallas + Fort Worth.

Cleveland + Akron is ranked #17.

Orlando + Daytona Beach + Melbourne  is ranked #19.

Atlanta is 9th in population (larger than Boston, San Fran, Phoenix, and just 300 K behind Miami).

Edited by coachx
  • Like 3