• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Inflation!

Diesel

Yes very poor! Had something like a 0.62 win shares per 48. League average for a player is .100 and our own much maligned Teague was a .99 I believe so that shows you how bad Hayward was.

LOL at win shares and I am pretty sure you jest. If that was truly important no one would be chasing, much less threatening to match all offers, for Hayward.

LOL at win shares and I am pretty sure you jest. If that was truly important no one would be chasing, much less threatening to match all offers, for Hayward.

Hate all you want but it's a legit stat. But go look at any of his advanced stats, he buckled under the pressure last year.

And don't give me that nonsense about nobody would be chasing as there's a foolish contract given out every day in free agency.

No mention of the Taylor rule?

Is that like Megan's Law?

TV Market? Media is directed from the News. Sheez, you have the possibility of billions of TV stations everywhere. However, media starts and ends. That means that they all get their local news from one source.

How many newspapers do you think NY, LA, and Dallas have?

Do you think that a star is looking to be reported on by TV stations... you can get that in OKC. However, if there's a buzz about that player, it starts with the news and now enters the twittersphere. How many people in the twittersphere are waiting on CViv to publish something?

NBA TV is in Atlanta with several national writers like Sekou Smith and David Aldridge. That is much better then having an extra news paper.

Research how much the news paper industry has shrunk. By the time they report news it's already yesterday's news.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

NBA TV is in Atlanta with several national writers like Sekou Smith and David Aldridge. That is much better then having an extra news paper.

Research how much the news paper industry has shrunk. By the time they report news it's already yesterday's news.

NBA TV is not dedicated to the Hawks.  Nor is TNT.  WTBS used to be but they stopped.  The point is no FA is going to see their marketability from Atlanta.   When was the last time we were able to market a star?  Joe couldn't even be voted in to the allstar game.  Neither could Horf.  We don't fill up the arena and for all of the TV market we supposedly have, our Hawks are rarely on national TV.

The Knicks have their own channel.

• Like 1

NBA TV is not dedicated to the Hawks.  Nor is TNT.  WTBS used to be but they stopped.  The point is no FA is going to see their marketability from Atlanta.   When was the last time we were able to market a star?  Joe couldn't even be voted in to the allstar game.  Neither could Horf.  We don't fill up the arena and for all of the TV market we supposedly have, our Hawks are rarely on national TV.

The Knicks have their own channel.

It's worse than that D. I don't believe JJ was ever in the top 5 in votes in the East, even when he was arguably the 3rd best guard in the conference.

You're exactly right on the Hawks not marketing their stars. I guess the giant Millsap billboard is a start.

Hate all you want but it's a legit stat. But go look at any of his advanced stats, he buckled under the pressure last year.

I don't hate but I do think its a very misleading stat if you look at things like this:

Only 8 players from non playoff teams are in the top 50. That comes to 42 from the playoff group and only 8 from the non playoff group. That is way to skewed to lesser players on better teams in my opinion.

Anthony Davis, Dragic, Drummond, Demarcus Cousins, I. Thomas, Irving, Faried, and Markief Morris are the only players in the top 50 from non-playoff teams. 

We will always have to agree to disagree on this one.

Edited by Buzzard