• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Inflation!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Wrong. 

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

Atlanta is the #8 TV market. (ahead of Houston, Phoenix, Miami + Ft Lauderdale) Atlanta is actually 6th b/c 2 of the cities ahead of them are actually multiple metro areas in San Fran + Oakland + San Jose and Dallas + Fort Worth.

Cleveland + Akron is ranked #17.

Orlando + Daytona Beach + Melbourne  is ranked #19.

Atlanta is 9th in population (larger than Boston, San Fran, Phoenix, and just 300 K behind Miami).

Atlanta has 1 news paper.

Rather 10 on Stephenson (actually no) than 8 on Bazemore. I'm sorry, I just don't see why we desire Bazemore.

$8 for Bazemore??????????? Who's saying anything like that. I'm thinking he's in the DMC type range maybe even less. But the way teams are handing out $$$$ like its Halloween - who knows. Edited by JayBirdHawk

I'd be shocked if Bazemore gets anything over $4 mill per year.

3 year $9 mill for Bazemore max. You don't pay the top cheerleader in the league any more.

$8 for Bazemore??????????? Who's saying anything like that. I'm thinking he's in the DMC type range maybe even less. But the way teams are handing out $$$$ like its Halloween - who knows.

You hand out $ for Halloween? Dang why wasn't I trick or treating at ur pad?

3 year $9 mill for Bazemore max. You don't pay the top cheerleader in the league any more.

You hand out $ for Halloween? Dang why wasn't I trick or treating at ur pad?

You're giving him 3 years when he's way too unproven for that. So...

WHATCHU-TALKIN-BOUT-jil5u7.jpg

• Like 1

Whats the obsession w/ Bazemore?  I admit I obviously don't know much about him but once a name is linked the fixation is uncanny. I would like to see Matt Bonner's name linked for the simple fact that he knows how Bud runs things & if not mistaken he can pop a 3. 

• Like 1

Whats the obsession w/ Bazemore?  I admit I obviously don't know much about him but once a name is linked the fixation is uncanny. I would like to see Matt Bonner's name linked for the simple fact that he knows how Bud runs things & if not mistaken he can pop a 3. 

That's all Bonner can do. I think if we hadn't drafted Payne that Bonner would be a real option. If we lose Mike Scott then I'd really look into getting Bonner and dropping Antić. He'd be a far better option as a stretch 5 than Antić. 

• Like 1

Atlanta has 1 news paper.

This isn't 1993.

We are still in a TV market and its the internet age. I doubt 1/2 these free agents, who are all under 30,  have ever picked up a newspaper.

I don't think free agents are worried about their loss of advertising revenue from not doing as many newspaper ads. 

That's all Bonner can do. I think if we hadn't drafted Payne that Bonner would be a real option. If we lose Mike Scott then I'd really look into getting Bonner and dropping Antić. He'd be a far better option as a stretch 5 than Antić. 

I just had a case of the shudders when I read this & pictured Pero pulling up for a 3. I'm now driving the Bonner Hype train! All Aboardddddddddd

• Like 1

Gordon for 4.5 and a TO next season. Orlando is in no position this season to be a serious playoff team. Next season, depending on the development of their youth, maybe they make a run at that FA Class.

Its really not horrible. One year rental and they hope he turns things around. Better than Miami, OKC, Spurs, etc....getting him for a MLE type offer.

Gordon for 4.5 and a TO next season. Orlando is in no position this season to be a serious playoff team. Next season, depending on the development of their youth, maybe they make a run at that FA Class.

Its really not horrible. One year rental and they hope he turns things around. Better than Miami, OKC, Spurs, etc....getting him for a MLE type offer.

The MLE is now more than $4.5 mill and the power house teams have better options than a broken down Ben Gordon.

The MLE is now more than $4.5 mill and the power house teams have better options than a broken down Ben Gordon.

Not if teams like Orlando keep locking players up before they sign anyone. I am not saying I would want Gordon, but if he gets back to shooting his 10 year career 3pt% of .402, he ain't a bad get to have coming off the bench.

He shot .387 just one season before last years dismal one....

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

This isn't 1993.

We are still in a TV market and its the internet age. I doubt 1/2 these free agents, who are all under 30,  have ever picked up a newspaper.

I don't think free agents are worried about their loss of advertising revenue from not doing as many newspaper ads. 

TV Market?  Media is directed from the News.  Sheez, you have the possibility of billions of TV stations everywhere.   However, media starts and ends.  That means that they all get their local news from one source.

How many newspapers do you think NY, LA, and Dallas have?

Do you think that a star is looking to be reported on by TV stations... you can get that in OKC.  However, if there's a buzz about that player, it starts with the news and now enters the twittersphere.  How many people in the twittersphere are waiting on CViv to publish something?

TV Market?  Media is directed from the News.  Sheez, you have the possibility of billions of TV stations everywhere.   However, media starts and ends.  That means that they all get their local news from one source.

How many newspapers do you think NY, LA, and Dallas have?

Do you think that a star is looking to be reported on by TV stations... you can get that in OKC.  However, if there's a buzz about that player, it starts with the news and now enters the twittersphere.  How many people in the twittersphere are waiting on CViv to publish something?

I am waiting on Wojo. CViv will post five minutes later....

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I am waiting on Wojo. CViv will post five minutes later....

Exactly.

We bench and complain about CViv and his lack of scoops.  Why should he scoop?  It's a 1 paper town.  He can do like the last two guys did and focus on National reports and become a sought after national Journalist.  No offense Sekou and Michelle.  The new game may be getting on the internet but that starts with factual reporting from the local guy.  We only have 1 and a possible local guy and they work for the same paper.  You won't here reported from WSB on none of your twitterings.  However, WSB may report what comes from Sportingnews who got their scoop from CViv.  So...  when you are a 1 paper town, regardless of how many population you have, you're a small market.

Exactly.

We bench and complain about CViv and his lack of scoops.  Why should he scoop?  It's a 1 paper town.  He can do like the last two guys did and focus on National reports and become a sought after national Journalist.  No offense Sekou and Michelle.  The new game may be getting on the internet but that starts with factual reporting from the local guy.  We only have 1 and a possible local guy and they work for the same paper.  You won't here reported from WSB on none of your twitterings.  However, WSB may report what comes from Sportingnews who got their scoop from CViv.  So...  when you are a 1 paper town, regardless of how many population you have, you're a small market.

Wojo will get info from the players agent or team losing said player. Nothing will come from the Hawks and Ferry until its a done deal.

Dang, Diesel, Dolfan has a sore toe and you stepped on it!

Seriously, some of this postings that get moved are a mystery.  If it's

something that directly affects the free agent period, why doesn't it

concern the Hawks?

Sometimes, things get way to technical around here for me and I can't

understand what's going on.

Rickey Recardo of "I Love Lucy" often said, "Someone has some splaining to do!"

Oh well.  If this is our biggest problem, we've got life made!!

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

Dang, Diesel, Dolfan has a sore toe and you stepped on it!

Seriously, some of this postings that get moved are a mystery.  If it's

something that directly affects the free agent period, why doesn't it

concern the Hawks?

Sometimes, things get way to technical around here for me and I can't

understand what's going on.

Rickey Recardo of "I Love Lucy" often said, "Someone has some splaining to do!"

Oh well.  If this is our biggest problem, we've got life made!!

GO HAWKS!!

Because you (and nobody else here) has any clue how much time I spend moving threads.  I don't do it for today I do it for 2, 3, 10 years down the road when people are doing searches. Stuff needs to be organized and put into proper forums for search purposes. This place used to be a zoo before I started doing this but now I have to read every single thread every day in order to keep things in order. 

• Like 1

OT.  Minimum wages will go up... and will meet living wages halfway.

OT. Companies will want to keep profit margins and therefor will either let some people go causing lost jobs and replace them with machines, or they will increase the cost of goods to maintain it. Either way just simply raising the minimum wage does not mean it will keep up with the cost of living.

Edited by noble