• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

C-Viv: What is taking the Hawks so long, you ask?

Admin

• Moderators

Good stuff.   CV has been much better in the offseason than during the season.   We'll see if he gets any scoops.

So far i haven't seen anything going down that i wish we were involved in.   There's lots of transactions left this summer.

• Like 1

No big surprises there, we all know that there won't be a ton of movement until the dust settles around Lebron and Melo.

I just really, really hope the Hawks don't get Deng. He's not the player that they need.

• Like 2

" Finally, the Hawks are going to be smart in using their assets and salary cap space - all with an eye to the future. The free-agent pool next offseason will be impressive. The Hawks will have money to spend. Only Al Horford, Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver (and most likely Adreian Payne) will be under full guaranteed contracts. "

Assuming we only sign one year contracts this off-season and we trade away next year's draft picks of course. Neither of which are likely to happen.

• Like 1

* The Hawks have a roster they are happy with as it currently stands. Yes, the need another small forward/wing defender. More depth would be nice. They are still in a greater search for a superstar. The organization's thinking is that this was a team that was third in the Eastern Conference before the injury to Al Horford. They added a piece in the draft. They want to continue to be smart as they build for the future. It's clear they are not going to overspend. They may want Deng but if the market commands he gets $15 million a year, they may well move on."

The Hawks were 3rd in the east, but only 3 games over .500 when Horford went down.

At least 3 or 4 teams in the east improved after that point.

We are being sold on the "wait until next year" stuff. Next year teams will overpay and RFA's will be matched just like this year.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

* The Hawks have a roster they are happy with as it currently stands. Yes, the need another small forward/wing defender. More depth would be nice. They are still in a greater search for a superstar. The organization's thinking is that this was a team that was third in the Eastern Conference before the injury to Al Horford. They added a piece in the draft. They want to continue to be smart as they build for the future. It's clear they are not going to overspend. They may want Deng but if the market commands he gets $15 million a year, they may well move on."

The Hawks were 3rd in the east, but only 3 games over .500 when Horford went down.

At least 3 or 4 teams in the east improved after that point.

We are being sold on the "wait until next year" stuff. Next year teams will overpay and RFA's will be matched just like this year.

Yeah, If we are being sold on the next year stuff AGAIN, that is BS.

• Like 1

• Moderators

They were 16-13 with Al in the line up. That's what the Hawks are excited about???

We were something like 30-16 when there was a healthy center besides Brand available.  That's what the hawks are excited about.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Next year you still have to battle with other teams over FA's. The same rules will apply.

So, yeah... BS.

I agree and while on the topic have you noticed how every transaction has to be the "cheapest" deal out there?  I have always said and stand by the fact that the ASG  is a cheapass group and until proven wrong I still believe that.

• Like 1

Maybe Sund had it right after all. Maybe the ASG told him. Here's your budget, make us money with a playoff appearance and that's what Sund did. Didn't waste any time shaking things up, just ran the same early playoff exit team out there and sat on his butt. Guess he thought, if they don't want to win, what can I do?

Bring in Ferry. OK Danny here's the deal: same budget, same goal, get us to the playoffs with this budget, but, we need you to make it look real. Shake things up a bit. But stay uinder budget.

* The Hawks have a roster they are happy with as it currently stands. Yes, the need another small forward/wing defender. More depth would be nice. They are still in a greater search for a superstar. The organization's thinking is that this was a team that was third in the Eastern Conference before the injury to Al Horford.

We love our core!

• Like 2