• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Thabo Sefolosha to a 3 years $12 million contract

GrimeyKidd

Thank you.

These guys here are hilarious. Only fans I know that if we get Lebron, we would lose fans lol. Hawk fans are always upset.

Happy to miserable, always looking for an excuse to bitch :P

• Like 1

• Moderators

I do hope it's a Korver-style declining-salary deal. Not sure I'd be thrilled paying $4 million-plus for Thabo in particular two seasons from now, when he hits 33 around playoff time (as if I'm paying anybody in the first place).

~lw3

• Premium Member

Can we merge the two threads?

I also have to echo rotoworld's comments on this debacle:

The Hawks came to terms with Thabo Sefolosha on a three-year, $12 million deal.

This is a curious deal for the Hawks with their sizable cap space. Sefolosha was a major letdown last season and could barely even stay on the court for the Thunder in the postseason. He won't have much fantasy value and this move hurts the chances of the Hawks making a big signing.

• Premium Member

I'm keeping my conclusion on hold until DF's plan gets worked out. IF this is the only FA signing, then yuck. IF this is part of a larger deal (which might involve moving DMC and others to get that elusive upper echelon FA signing), then I love.

Let's not over react on every move and announcement of FA period. There are several things going on under the radar I believe.

Go Hawks!

I can agree with this. While I'm not initially excited with the signing we still need to let the rest of free agency pan out to see what else we have going on.

• Like 1

I like the signing. Guy has size, can play the 2 or 3, plays good d, and is capable of hitting the 3. Yeah soth he had a bad year last year but couldn't that just be an outlier? He's shown throughout his career who he is, one year doesn't change that.

• Like 3

I'm sorry I'm not convinced many of you like to b!tch about Ferry. You also prolly don't watch games of other team's outside the Hawks.

This deal was a steal. Thabo is better than Bazemore, Nick Young and other dummies we been linked to.

• Premium Member

That's how the market works don't blame me I didn't invent economics

My point being, you don't waste money like other teams did. You make a smart signing at the end of FA. This cat wasn't going anywhere and if some other team gave him a deal like that then I'd be on here or realgm making fun of the contract like I did with Ben Gordon's idiotic deal. We just gave a bona fide scrub 12 million dollars when he'd be lucky to get a NBA vet. min. contract after the season he had last year.

Thabo was bad in the Western conference Finals against the Spurs and was benched. That is the lasting image that everyone remembers. Just like Hibbert was bad in playoffs and Pero was bad in the playoffs.

How was he in the regular and the other playoff rounds?

I like the signing. Guy has size, can play the 2 or 3, plays good d, and is capable of hitting the 3. Yeah soth he had a bad year last year but couldn't that just be an outlier? He's shown throughout his career who he is, one year doesn't change that.

Thank you. Thabo is gonna flourish under Bud! Pure excitement when I saw this signing. Thabo and DMC...love it