• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In Your Opinion.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Win - with style (in the playoffs).

Sweep teams on the way to the ECF.

Not even this years heat or Pacers swept their way to the ECF.  In fact, it's hard to recall the last time I saw a playoff sweep.

Well, the problem is definitely a multifaceted one.  I think the biggest factor is probably the ownership.

• Premium Member

It's not hard to figure out.  All this talk about winning, weather, good systems, playing right, coaching, front office...that's all great.  But that's expected.  Players want all of that in addition to the chance to contend for a title.  Until we are perceived as a team with a legitimate shot of contending, we will not be an attractive destination for the top free agents.

We can sit here and talk about how great our team is all day.  At the end of the day, the players are telling us what they think of our chances.  Which really just takes us back into the same conversation we've been having for a few years now.  

How do we get there?  Top talent attracts top talent.  We need it.  It also helps to be winning.  Our history of peaking at "pretty good" is not helping.  Great fans/tradition helps.  Having a fickle fan base and no tradition is not helping.

Hazer... I think you see the same things I do in terms of what we have to offer.

However, the ECF prerequisite is just crazy.  Especially considering this version of the Bulls haven't been to the ECF and they get plenty of attention and I believe we have more talent than they.

Still, I'm familiar with NFL FAcy and the mind of the players.   Players in the NFL are thinking....  Which teams can I add to and make better or good enough to go farther. (after money).  I mean, nobody is jumping to go to Jacksonville.  When Manning made his rounds, he chose Denver because he felt that he could make them better.   Back to Basketball... We're not an ECF team yet, but these FAs have to be able to look at us and say.. If I was on that team, we'd win it all.  But they don't?

I think Koonin, Ferry, Bud, and the Hawks system will change that. Starting to take notice.