• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woj: Cracks in the triad

sturt

• Moderators

Lebron must've told Riley to make improvements now or he's heading home and that's why McRoberts and Granger have been signed.  Seems like most are seeing these as same ole Heat moves and not actually improving the team.  James wants improvement, not more of the same.  Granger is hobbled and McRoberts isn't a guy that'll make Lebron interested in staying.

Bottom line is that aged, hobbled talent isn't going to keep Lebron interested.  It really is Melo, Deng, Gasol, and/or Lowry or bust.  Riley is in a tough spot.

The next signing for the Heat:  Either Marv, Morrow, or Jameer.  Lebron is going to be Cav... At least I hope so.

What got them beat is they had nothing for Aldridge. D12 has never had a all-star caliber big man playing along side him. Give him Bosh and its Katie bar the door on that Houston front line. Parsons, Howard, Bosh...

Oh they certainly had nothing for Aldridge (or Lillard for that matter) but I'd still venture to say McHale's offensive strategery was a big factor in their loss as well.

If Houston signs Bosh, I will have a Morey Day in the Streets of Atlanta. Morey will be the smartest GM alive. Even if Miami is able to sign Melo, Bron, Wade, and the almighty McRoberts, they will be soft as baby fat on the inside. They will not be able to compete efficiently with teams that have brooding bigs.

If Bosh doesn't go to Houston, He's stupid. He basically gives up around 48 Million dollars for the chance to play on with Wade and Bron and still be considered their weak link.

It's time for Bosh to let it be known that he's better than a third wheel.

Agreed. Bosh is the perfect fit in Houston. He signs with them then Rox are either in WCF or nba finals. Book it.

• Premium Member

Either we're being terribly misled/set-up, or this is pretty much in done deal territory... triad seems to be history.

Translation... strike while the iron is hot, Danny Boy... a 2014-15 berth in the NBA Finals is as do-able as most of us can remember.

I am betting against the triad breaking up and expecting this to be a smokescreen to cover the collusion but it would be nice to see them busted up.

I trust Wojo more than any other pundit out there as far as having his sources in order. Houston still has to move Lin; if they did make a offer to Bosh then they must have a trade in place. 

• Premium Member

I am betting against the triad breaking up and expecting this to be a smokescreen to cover the collusion but it would be nice to see them busted up.

I see it this way also. If Cleveland is being used to cover up the real plot, the Lebron hate machine is going to be refueled.

• Premium Member

Not sure why collusion is any more or less a concern than before, tho (?). I recognize that skepticism is almost always healthy, but I don't understand the motive for deception.

• Moderators

Not sure why collusion is any more or less a concern than before, tho (?). I recognize that skepticism is almost always healthy, but I don't understand the motive for deception.

If Pat Riley is involved in terms of them agreeing in advance to contracts and then Riley giving out FA deals on that basis, that is more concerning for Miami than Bosh, Wade and Lebron conspiring among themselves.  This gives Riley cover.  "Well, we almost lost those guys.  Lucky for us that we signed a prime free agent like Danny Granger to keep them in the fold.  Whew."

• Premium Member

If Pat Riley is involved in terms of them agreeing in advance to contracts and then Riley giving out FA deals on that basis, that is more concerning for Miami than Bosh, Wade and Lebron conspiring among themselves.  This gives Riley cover.  "Well, we almost lost those guys.  Lucky for us that we signed a prime free agent like Danny Granger to keep them in the fold.  Whew."

Soooo.. a theory so ridiculous that you're making fun of it yourself?

I mean, truly, what cover needs to be had by Riley? The history itself points to the three players colluding together, and if they'd all began the FA season in cahoots, and they announced that they had given Riley a shopping list, that would be just doing what everyone expected. Am I wrong?

The Miami signings don't even impress me - how can they possibly impress King James?

Didn't McRoberts try to take James out in the playoffs? Also didn't Granger go at him at one point? Is Heat signing DeShawn Stevenson next?

Edit: Granger and Lebron had a few exchanges over the years.

Edited by RWF

• Moderators

Soooo.. a theory so ridiculous that you're making fun of it yourself?

I mean, truly, what cover needs to be had by Riley? The history itself points to the three players colluding together, and if they'd all began the FA season in cahoots, and they announced that they had given Riley a shopping list, that would be just doing what everyone expected. Am I wrong?

I don't think it is ridiculous.  I think they are just looking for some type of good faith cover and will come back with some better sounding explanation for why they all choose to resign with Miami.

Plus, I think Lebron likes the attention.  That was his primary motive with the "Decision."  Now every breath he takes is front page news again.  Joy!

I don't think it is ridiculous.  I think they are just looking for some type of good faith cover and will come back with some better sounding explanation for why they all choose to resign with Miami.

Plus, I think Lebron likes the attention.  That was his primary motive with the "Decision."  Now every breath he takes is front page news again.  Joy!

the world waits with bated breath.

And what would happen if this took place in the NFL?  Or baseball?