• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luol Deng spoke with Bud on Thursday (Ferry is about to make a move)

Diesel

Mags offered Mello 4 yr and 75 million. I don't think they will overpay for Deng.

So, Dallas will not overpay... LA can't win, and Miami can't afford him.

Deng is going to be a Hawk.

I hope you are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arring Bosh and Wade caving on dramatic pay decreases, Miami's best offers still promise to be significantly below the market values of such free agents as Trevor Ariza, Luol Deng and Pau Gasol.

View photo

201406152138779237122-p5.jpg

LeBron James has been seeking a max contract. (AP)

Riley and Spoelstra met with Deng on Saturday afternoon in Chicago, and pitched him on a free-agent deal with the Heat, sources said. Riley sold Deng on the Heat's ability to cultivate a player's personal brand through the winning of championships and how so many players stay connected to the organization for a lifetime, sources said. Spoelstra laid out a plan to use Deng's versatility to complement the Heat's Big Three, explaining how he'd use Deng in multiple offensive scenarios to make him the most efficient of his career.

Deng turned down a $10 million-a-year extension with Chicago before his trade to Cleveland in January, and so far he's been resolved to accept nothing less than that figure, sources said.

Riley and Spoelstra met with also Gasol and Ariza in Los Angeles on Thursday.

arring Bosh and Wade caving on dramatic pay decreases, Miami's best offers still promise to be significantly below the market values of such free agents as Trevor Ariza, Luol Deng and Pau Gasol.

View photo

201406152138779237122-p5.jpg

LeBron James has been seeking a max contract. (AP)

Riley and Spoelstra met with Deng on Saturday afternoon in Chicago, and pitched him on a free-agent deal with the Heat, sources said. Riley sold Deng on the Heat's ability to cultivate a player's personal brand through the winning of championships and how so many players stay connected to the organization for a lifetime, sources said. Spoelstra laid out a plan to use Deng's versatility to complement the Heat's Big Three, explaining how he'd use Deng in multiple offensive scenarios to make him the most efficient of his career.

Deng turned down a $10 million-a-year extension with Chicago before his trade to Cleveland in January, and so far he's been resolved to accept nothing less than that figure, sources said.

Riley and Spoelstra met with also Gasol and Ariza in Los Angeles on Thursday.

What bullshit.

Yeah, because Erik is a great offensive minded coach. Chris Bosh was a 22 PPG scorer once and now he jacks up 3's like a 34 year old Robert Horry.

Miami trying to give a snow job on what a great franchise they are... When Lebron James leaves that team they will be no different than us.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

So we all know that Deng "seems" to be our number one priority right now and would eat up most of our cap to the point we're just signing scraps to fill the team. 

So what do we think the plan is if Deng falls through? We've been linked to Bazemore. Do we think he is the next wing target in line? PJ Tucker? 

This scenario would leave some money behind as well for a separate decent player. Jordan Hill perhaps? 

What say you? What do you think happens if Deng goes elsewhere?

And secondly, would you prefer Deng at 11 million or a PJ Tucker/Jordan Hill type combo.

Edited by Afro

• Moderators

On Luol Deng front: Told he still wants $12 mil that Heat can't pay right now and Hawks don't want to. Mavs may be up next.

5:49pm - 5 Jul 14

If that's true, on to Ariza & Jordan Hill. We could get both for $12 mil/yr total.

• Moderators

But I can guarantee that Deng signs for less than $12 mil if it means having a job in the NBA. He isn't taking his talents to Spanish League. At least he is pricing himself out of Riley's market.

Guys Deng isn't the only fit for the team. Frankly, this 12 mil demand is going to push him out of the prime markets. If he wants to spend the rest of his career with a lower tired team for an extra 6-8 mil that is his choice. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he makes the Hawks, Heat and others wait he'll end up with even less than 9 mil a year. His market will dry up fast.

I would still rather go after Parsons or make a trade for Thad Young.

• Premium Member

Guys Deng isn't the only fit for the team. Frankly, this 12 mil demand is going to push him out of the prime markets. If he wants to spend the rest of his career with a lower tired team for an extra 6-8 mil that is his choice. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he makes the Hawks, Heat and others wait he'll end up with even less than 9 mil a year. His market will dry up fast.

I would still rather go after Parsons or make a trade for Thad Young.

His agent is David Falk.  Falk knows what he is doing.   He is pushing himself out of the prime markets but really his target is us, LAL, Chicago, and Dallas.  Falk is trying to see what team will crack under the pressure and give him 12 Million or higher.  It's creating an artificial price war.  My suggestion to Ferry is offer him less with longer years.  Nobody is going to give Deng a 4 year deal, but I would.  I would give him a 4 year deal that starts at 9.25 million.  In essence a 4 yr 39.5 Million dollar deal and I would give him a PO after this year (if it's possible).  No TO.  The reason is easy.. I actually want him to opt out next year.  In fact, I'm so nice that I would give him the same deal and I would frontload the deal.  I would give him 10.915 in the first year.  He's free to opt out after this first year and try the market.  But that's just the thing, how greedy would he be? IF he opted out, I'm good.  We'd be major players in FAcy...  and I may definitely reup Sap.

Moreover, the tragedy in NJ may play to our favor and we get a good Sf out of the deal.