• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deng, Millsap and Thabo could cost roughly same as JJ

Admin

Makes too much sense, Dolfan.  I was shocked when JJ was moved for scrap pieces, but really in the end we have had more cap flexibility and are able to strike each year moving forward at top free agents.

In all honesty, if we are ever going to land a top star, it is going to take literally every single relationship in Atlanta to work.  Whom does Arthur Blake know?  Can we get the Mayor to call someone?  Any rappers or actors that live here who can reach out to big time players?

There has to be something out of the ordinary done here to get these players' attention.  We are gaining national attention again (folks calling us Spurs of the East) and we made some noise in the playoffs.  The Hawks' front office has to get super creative when trying to attract free agents.. I mean, very creative.  Think outside the box.  I'm hoping Steve Koonin can bring some creativity to the table here.

OK, that's all for now-- go Hawks. 

• Like 1

I have no problem with ferry! We were going to be a better team next year just because horford will be healthy. Anyways I'm over the deng contract debate...just being him home ferry! I trust ferry won't overpay for deng.

This lineup ain't looking too bad if deng signs:

-Teague

-Korver

-Deng

-Sap

-Horford

Not too shabby but I would much rather see....

-Teague

-Korver

-Deng

-Horford

-Monroe

In my opinion we can do some damage in playoffs with that lineup.

The Hawks are inching closer to the top, and this lineup could really compete for the 3rd or more likely 4th spot in the East. If Schröder can grow into a solid backup and Payne can average 8pts, 8rbs then we have a real shot..Still think we need a starting SG to make this team really make noise. 

The Hawks are inching closer to the top, and this lineup could really compete for the 3rd or more likely 4th spot in the East. If Schröder can grow into a solid backup and Payne can average 8pts, 8rbs then we have a real shot..Still think we need a starting SG to make this team really make noise. 

No having a 3 point sniper at sg is good just look at the clippers he just needs a very good back up like the clippers have if korver had swaggy p backing him up it would be real nice in case he wasnt doing good we could have instant offensive of the bench

• Premium Member

No having a 3 point sniper at sg is good just look at the clippers he just needs a very good back up like the clippers have if korver had swaggy p backing him up it would be real nice in case he wasnt doing good we could have instant offensive of the bench

Dont forget about JJ, he might just bounce back to be KKs backup.

• Moderators

Perspective AND a level head? Get outta here with all that smooth-talking jazz. lol IFWT.

I still feel like even with signing Deng, we need another offensive player for the bench. Salmon's fits the bill if we keep him, but I hope we can trade him for a starting 2 guard and move KK to the bench with Thabo and DMC. Just gotta find a team looking for cap relief and a hell of a 2 guard. Clippers or Nuggets maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8- 10 million??

I have a feeling that Dallas will be to willing to overpay Deng , once they strikeout on Melo, Lebron, and Bosh.

So we sign him while lebron is soaking up all of his much needed attention.

I think we let him know he is out first choice, rather than a contingency plan like those other teams.

If we get Deng, it will be the very first move Ferry made that didn't happen out of thin air. I'm all for it, but am seemingly unconvinced that this will occur given how much this has been publicly discussed.