• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For future reference, what is your tipping point contract for Deng if we get him

sturt

Luol agent said it will take 12m per year,

@YannisNBA: . @WindhorstESPN on ESPN - Luol Deng telling teams it's going to take $12 million a year to sign him.

Which means it will definitely be less than that.  If that is their starting demand, then the end deal will be less per year.  That's a given considering his injury history.

Good luck to you, sir.

The funny thing is if Ferry doesn't get Deng and instead signs Bazemore, people will attack Ferry saying he is not willing to take risks and is too complacent. He literally can't win in this situation here on Squawk.

The funny thing is if Ferry doesn't get Deng and instead signs Bazemore, people will attack Ferry saying he is not willing to take risks and is too complacent. He literally can't win in this situation here on Squawk.

My beef is that the FA game is shit. The difference makers have no interest in signing here, but everyone else expects to be overpaid. I'm tired of putting teams out there that are just full of spare parts and role players. The current roster is mediocre.

• Moderators

He can't please everyone on here regardless but he can win them over with good moves. Whatever initial criticism there was with Korver and Millsap has pretty much gone away and he has gotten lots of kudos from people who weren't happy with the move.

The reverse is also true but the good thing for him is that as long as he makes good long term moves he will come out smelling like a rose. If he signs Speedy's, drafts Marvin's and passes on Paul's, he will get hammered. Results will end up speaking loudest.

• Premium Member

With a decision on Parsons to be made today, it seems reasonable to expect Deng will see whether HOU or DAL, whichever doesn't get Parsons, makes an improved bid for his services... and we'll learn how reasonable our tipping points were/are.

With a decision on Parsons to be made today, it seems reasonable to expect Deng will see whether HOU or DAL, whichever doesn't get Parsons, makes an improved bid for his services... and we'll learn how reasonable our tipping points were/are.

I assume Hou will be out if they let Parsons go. Don't see them giving Ariza 8 million and then Deng 11+ million.

I'd assume Charlotte, Atlanta and especially Miami are his strongest options.

We don't have 12 million to give. We are at 10-11ish according to @hawksfanatic. Not sure the rules on escalating contracts but perhaps that's an option if we start around 10 million for him but I doubt Ferry wants to go beyond 2 guaranteed years and that's probably the hold up with Deng, more so than the dollars.

I wouldn't mind Deng. Give us even more reason to get Monroe and get some assets as well.

Get Deng, DMC is trade bait and Sap has been bait for awhile. Sorry guys but i was looking at Horf/Sap stats together and while offensively, it was effective, their impact seemed to constantly wane with each other especially on defense and depending the match-up.

Move Horf to PF. Get Monroe and some assets from DET like a future 1st.

That should be quality right there.

Now I question our contending chances in the playoffs but that starting five seems to finally fit which it doesn't now.

We don't have 12 million to give. We are at 10-11ish according to @hawksfanatic. Not sure the rules on escalating contracts but perhaps that's an option if we start around 10 million for him but I doubt Ferry wants to go beyond 2 guaranteed years and that's probably the hold up with Deng, more so than the dollars.

His spinal tap injury is his biggest cause for concern. All teams vying for his services think he has two quality years left at the most.

• Premium Member

I assume Hou will be out if they let Parsons go. Don't see them giving Ariza 8 million and then Deng 11+ million.

I'd assume Charlotte, Atlanta and especially Miami are his strongest options.

Brain cramp... yes, on Ariza and HOU... hadn't sunk in just yet.

• Like 1