• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What so wrong with Ariza?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Is that so? Ariza has averaged the same # of his minutes for his career as Manu so I'm pretty happy with that amount of minutes for him.

People can deny it all they want but Deng has been driven like a rental car and he's breaking down. If that's what you're into then that's totally cool. For me I prefer someone who's been taken care of nicely and will treat their next team well.

I would be happy with Ariza for up to 8mil if Deng were to command more than 10mil.. I understand your concern about Deng breaking down but i trust Bud to limit his minutes thus preserve his health.

Both of them have question marks. Deng was ridden hard in Chicago and have durability issues; not to mention a bum wrist. Ariza has his moments but very few were screaming his name until this year (contract time). He reminds me of Jeff Blauser when he played for the Braves. He would play ok but would rarely stand out from the pack. But come contract time, he would hit like Hank Greenberg, thereby suckering someone into thinking that the lightbulb had finally popped on. If I'm not mistaken, the Cubs were badly burned after giving him a big $$$ deal.

Which one I'd pick? I'd go with Deng (for now anyway). Something about handing a guy like Ariza eight figures a year that scares the crap out of me (Deng too to be honest)...

Is that so? Ariza has averaged the same # of his minutes for his career as Manu so I'm pretty happy with that amount of minutes for him.

People can deny it all they want but Deng has been driven like a rental car and he's breaking down. If that's what you're into then that's totally cool. For me I prefer someone who's been taken care of nicely and will treat their next team well.

While I strongly agree with you I guess I have top notch trust in coach bud to keep his minutes down around to 28-30 per game at max and use our quality back ups DMC and Sef.

Trust me if we didn't have DMC or Sef I wouldn't be all for getting deng but because we have two very good defenders on the bench that can knock down the 3 ball if deng signs I think ferry will manage his minutes easily where deng can stay healthy throughout the season and give us more in the playoffs.

Like the thread I created....I'm just happy to see 3 very good legit perimeter defenders whereas last season I felt like we only had one in DMC....however we still would need a slasher but maybe the rookie SG we drafted will turn into exactly what we need.

• Like 1