• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

IF we don't get Deng....

Diesel

I'm just saying we need talent. You can't expect a system and just role players to take you very far. This team is loaded with guards and none of the should be starting other than Teague. This team needs more talent. The team ways also only 3 games over .500 when Horford went down.

Danny green was a scrub and played in Europe and got cut twice by the Spurs. Now he's a sharpshooter and plays great defense.

He can't dribble or create the offense.

Patty Mills was playing in China and was fat. He waved that dam towel his last year, but he became a good defender and great shooter. He is undersized and can't make plays for his teammates.

Boris Diaw was cut by the worst team ever in the NBA. He was overweight too. We signed him up and he became that glue guy that can take care of mismatches in the post. He isn't a great defender on bigs and gets scored quite often.

Tiago Splitter can't really score but he can defend well. people were saying he was overpaid when he got that 4 year 36mil deal.

They said manu was done last year. We signed him back up for 2 years.

Tim tony and manu still have their imperfections. 

Every team can't be perfect. It's up to the coach to take advantage of their pros and hide their deficiencies. 

I think the hawks have enough talent to be 4th best. The system can take them further but that's up to the players. 

• Like 4

I'm just saying we need talent. You can't expect a system and just role players to take you very far. This team is loaded with guards and none of the should be starting other than Teague. This team needs more talent. The team ways also only 3 games over .500 when Horford went down.

Just saying though last year we only had Williams and Martin backing up Korver and Carroll. It will be nice to have depth in those positions this time around.

Danny green was a scrub and played in Europe and got cut twice by the Spurs. Now he's a sharpshooter and plays great defense.

He can't dribble or create the offense.

Patty Mills was playing in China and was fat. He waved that dam towel his last year, but he became a good defender and great shooter. He is undersized and can't make plays for his teammates.

Boris Diaw was cut by the worst team ever in the NBA. He was overweight too. We signed him up and he became that glue guy that can take care of mismatches in the post. He isn't a great defender on bigs and gets scored quite often.

Tiago Splitter can't really score but he can defend well. people were saying he was overpaid when he got that 4 year 36mil deal.

They said manu was done last year. We signed him back up for 2 years.

Tim tony and manu still have their imperfections. 

Every team can't be perfect. It's up to the coach to take advantage of their pros and hide their deficiencies. 

I think the hawks have enough talent to be 4th best. The system can take them further but that's up to the players. 

The Hawks don't have Duncan, Parker or Mano.  That's the difference between the Spurs and this team. No matter how you cut it, every contender in this league has a superstar player that they drafted on their team.

Danny Green is nothing without those better players.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The Hawks don't have Duncan, Parker or Mano.  That's the difference between the Spurs and this team. No matter how you cut it, every contender in this league has a superstar player that they drafted on their team.

Danny Green is nothing without those better players.

Every time I read anything you say, I keep picturing Oscar the Grouch. I'm pretty sure you get this a lot right?

Look man. The Thunder have 2 of the top 3 players in the nba. They have great players around them too. They lost because they lack the system. So many great players never get a ring. The Lakers ran the triangle. All great teams have a system. Last year, the hawks looked great with their limited roster and first year system. Can you actually say you don't see any improvements whatsoever? 

Every time I read anything you say, I keep picturing Oscar the Grouch. I'm pretty sure you get this a lot right?

Look man. The Thunder have 2 of the top 3 players in the nba. They have great players around them too. They lost because they lack the system. So many great players never get a ring. The Lakers ran the triangle. All great teams have a system. Last year, the hawks looked great with their limited roster and first year system. Can you actually say you don't see any improvements whatsoever? 

The problem is that Ferry is playing the free agent game, and he is striking out. Yeah, he picked up a borderline all star in Millsap last year, but that's it. This team has made in the playoffs 7 years in a row... That's maybe 2nd behind the Spurs.

Guess what... Nobody wants to play here. Superstars aren't coming here as FA's. Ferry couldn't even get a meeting with Melo or Lebron and got minimal attention from Howard last year. What Ferry is doing.... It's going to go lead to nothing but 2nd round exits because Horford doesn't cut it as the best player on a team. He is not a game changer and never has been.

You can have whatever system you want, but a team is unlikely to make a title push without a superstar.

Let's just say that Duncan, Parker and Mano are no longer superstars at this point. Ok, You have Detroit in 2004 and last years Spurs team as the only teams the last 30 years to win a title without a prime time superstar on it. That's not a very good percentage.

The point is... Ferry broke up the last core the Hawks had because getting to the first and 2nd round was  not good enough.

You know where his strategy is going to head? 

The same place.

Looks like we pressing hard y'all.

Edited by GameTime

The problem is that Ferry is playing the free agent game, and he is striking out. Yeah, he picked up a borderline all star in Millsap last year, but that's it. This team has made in the playoffs 7 years in a row... That's maybe 2nd behind the Spurs.

Guess what... Nobody wants to play here. Superstars aren't coming here as FA's. Ferry couldn't even get a meeting with Melo or Lebron and got minimal attention from Howard last year. What Ferry is doing.... It's going to go lead to nothing but 2nd round exits because Horford doesn't cut it as the best player on a team. He is not a game changer and never has been.

You can have whatever system you want, but a team is unlikely to make a title push without a superstar.

Let's just say that Duncan, Parker and Mano are no longer superstars at this point. Ok, You have Detroit in 2004 and last years Spurs team as the only teams the last 30 years to win a title without a prime time superstar on it. That's not a very good percentage.

The point is... Ferry broke up the last core the Hawks had because getting to the first and 2nd round was  not good enough.

You know where his strategy is going to head? 

The same place.

He got rid of some knuckleheads. He got some great role players and a one-time allstar. I think he is doing just fine. You have to change the culture before you get any big free agent signings. 

He got rid of some knuckleheads. He got some great role players and a one-time allstar. I think he is doing just fine. You have to change the culture before you get any big free agent signings. 

It's not going to work. This team can make the playoffs three more years and they still will not land a superstar. 

Superstars want to play with other superstars.

Lebron James last year said that the Hawks were becoming the Spurs of the east... He still did not even give the Hawks a look. It takes more than this "change of culture" that people talk about.

If I turn out to be wrong, I will fully admit it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

We can only draft or trade for superstars at this point. We are in no position to do either though, being too good to get a top prospect in the draft and not overflowing with talent to trade for said superstar. Tough spot.

Edited by RWF

It's not going to work. This team can make the playoffs three more years and they still will not land a superstar. 

Superstars want to play with other superstars.

Lebron James last year said that the Hawks were becoming the Spurs of the east... He still did not even give the Hawks a look. It takes more than this "change of culture" that people talk about.

Well the Spurs beat the heat without a top 10 player. That sounds like a really good compliment. Look man. The Spurs have never signed a superstar like ever. It's not the end of anything.

Well the Spurs beat the heat without a top 10 player. That sounds like a really good compliment. Look man. The Spurs have never signed a superstar like ever. It's not the end of anything.

But like I said, you look at the last 30 years... Trying to win the title without a superstar.... The chances of pulling this off are really slim. 

And let's be honest... As good as that 2004 Pistons team was, they played the right team at the right time. 

I'm just saying the chances of Ferry making this team into a legit contender are really slim. 

I'm just being honest about how I see it. I could say that I'm happy with what we're doing... But I would be lying, and the posters here know that I would be lying.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

But like I said, you look at the last 30 years... Trying to win the title without a superstar.... The chances of pulling this off are really slim. 

And let's be honest... As good as that 2004 Pistons team was, they played the right team at the right time. 

I'm just saying the chances of Ferry making this team into a legit contender are really slim. 

I'm just being honest about how I see it. I could say that I'm happy with what we're doing... But I would be lying, and the posters here know that I would be lying.

Consider that we don't get deng, and we stay healthy. Predict the hawks record and I'll give you mine. 

Consider that we don't get deng, and we stay healthy. Predict the hawks record and I'll give you mine. 

That might depend on what Melo and Lebron do.

If they stay in the same place I will say that the Hawks will win 44-47 games. If they stay mostly healthy.

Horford played 28 games or so last year and they finished with 38 wins. They were 16-13 with him in the line up last year. All they have added so far this year Thabo and Payne. 

It's tough to see them winning more than 47.

Edited by Hotlanta1981