• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's take a good look at the East

Dragitoff

• Moderators

Interesting to see where you guys are putting Brooklyn. They get an upgrade in a coach, plus get their All-Star center back from injury.

I say that if all of those scenarios went down, the Hawks are a #4 seed, but Brooklyn may be the #1 seed.

Brooklyn isn't going to be that good under any scenario, IMO, but they will unfortunately be right there with us barring something devastating.  Boston is going to be the team that really reaps the benefits of Brooklyn's demise over the next few years.  I really, really hope I am wrong about that and they crash and burn this year, though.

If this is the Hawks roster heading into the season and it looks like it will be. They aren't cracking 45 wins. They will be in the 4-6 seed range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have my doubts that Lebron's Cleveland team would be better than his old Cleveland teams.  Irving is fun to watch but that's on a team that sucks.

Every year, Chicago weakens itself and Every year, people expect them to contend.

If those things you say do happen, this is what I see:

1.  Atlanta.

2.  Pacers

3.  Cleveland

4.  Charlotte

5.  Washington

6.  Toronto

7.  Brooklyn

8.  Chicago

No way!

I think I can safely say if Horford is our best player, we are not favorites in the East, and I like Horford, so this isn't a knock on him (more about the lack of a franchise player). We will stay around the 4-6 seed until we find a franchise changing player.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

Brooklyn isn't going to be that good under any scenario, IMO, but they will unfortunately be right there with us barring something devastating.  Boston is going to be the team that really reaps the benefits of Brooklyn's demise over the next few years.  I really, really hope I am wrong about that and they crash and burn this year, though.

Brooklyn will represent the most veteran team in the East, with a better coach than Kidd, and their All-Star center back.   Under that goof Jason Kidd, they turned that horrible start into the best 2nd half finish in the East. 

People keep waiting on JJ to decline, but he has the type of non-athletic game that can keep him in the league playing at a fairly high level, like Paul Pierce was at his age.  He's still good enough at the end of games to pull out wins for that squad.

If all of those scenarios go down that the OP presented, the East could be won by Brooklyn, Indiana, or Chicago . . with 52 wins.

Brooklyn is losing paul pierce, alan anderson, and livingston. All players that had big roles last yr. I think thr anderson and livingston losses are what really hurt, as they were very versatile for the team on defense as well as anderson being one of their only knockdown shooters.

deron williams is a shell of himself so unless brook lopez comes back in all star form Im not sure they make the playoffs. As weak as we say the east is, besides the sixers and maybe the celtics, no other team is really tanking. I see the standings as

indiana

atlanta

Cleveland [with james]

chicago

washington

charlotte

toronto

Brooklyn

ny

orlando

milwaukee

Brooklyn will represent the most veteran team in the East, with a better coach than Kidd, and their All-Star center back.   Under that goof Jason Kidd, they turned that horrible start into the best 2nd half finish in the East. 

People keep waiting on JJ to decline, but he has the type of non-athletic game that can keep him in the league playing at a fairly high level, like Paul Pierce was at his age.  He's still good enough at the end of games to pull out wins for that squad.

If all of those scenarios go down that the OP presented, the East could be won by Brooklyn, Indiana, or Chicago . . with 52 wins.

LOL . . I forgot all about Cleveland in this rant.   

Cleveland with Irving and Wiggins would obviously be the class of the conference.   They'd be a 55+ win team.   

Brooklyn, Indiana, and Chicago would be the 2nd tier teams.

Hawks, Hornets, and Raptors would be in the next tier ( with Toronto getting a 4 or 5 seed because they'd win the Atlantic ).

It doesn't matter what team LeBron goes to in the East... It's top two or three. He's the best on earth. Throw my old ass out there, still make the playoffs, he's that good... Lol

If this is the Hawks roster heading into the season and it looks like it will be. They aren't cracking 45 wins. They will be in the 4-6 seed range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won 38 while being devastated by injuries last season. 45 is the floor of our win total if we stay healthy this season. I predict 48-50.

Side note:brooklyn will most likely be losing blatche as well.