• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavs engaged Hawks in trade talks a week ago to clear max spot

Admin

• Premium Member

Its all rumors at this point anyway.  Cleveland is desperate at this point with a shot at bringing Lebron back.  Like has been said all along the Lebron amd Melo deal falls first then everything else will happen quickly.

Its all rumors at this point anyway.  Cleveland is desperate at this point with a shot at bringing Lebron back.  Like has been said all along the Lebron amd Melo deal falls first then everything else will happen quickly.

If Bosh signs with Houston that changes the landscape as well.

I would gladly take Waiters if he would accept a 6th man role as that's what he excelled with at Syracuse but I don't think he'd accept that at this point in his NBA career, or the salary commensurate with that position on the team.

Really? Hmmm. Well you seen him more at Cuse. No denying his talent but I don't like his attitude/body language/ style of game. He seems selfish to me. I dunno just my thought.

I have read that Deng doesn't want to come to Atlanta unless jarret jack comes with him!

I got that from a rumor online plus I have a family member up in ohio that confirmed hearing that on the radio.

If ferry wants deng so bad looks like he's got to bring Jarrett jack with him.

I'd say forget Deng then if this is true. Who does he think he is, Lebron? First we needed Sef, then Jack, and on top of that a 10+ mil a year? No thanks.

Really? Hmmm. Well you seen him more at Cuse. No denying his talent but I don't like his attitude/body language/ style of game. He seems selfish to me. I dunno just my thought.

That's what I'm saying, he'd have to 100% accept the 6th man role and a salary that goes with it for me to be okay with him.  In college he was a great teammate and accepted the role as our 6th man wonderfully. Not sure he'd do the same in the pros though after being the 4th overall pick. 

He's got more size and probably less ability to really take over a game when he's on. Neither are my ideal player for the Hawks. 

Waiters as a sixth man. Then hope:

1-He keeps his Shooting % at a minimum around .440.

2- No team goes crazy for him once he hits free agency.

Some people here went ape shit crazy over Korver's rebounding numbers; there would be a rebellion if we started Waiters.

• Like 1

I have read that Deng doesn't want to come to Atlanta unless jarret jack comes with him!

I got that from a rumor online plus I have a family member up in ohio that confirmed hearing that on the radio.

If ferry wants deng so bad looks like he's got to bring Jarrett jack with him.

Why would he want Jack also? What's the connection? How reliable is this "rumor online"? Could the radio guy have seen the same rumor and just mentioned it? Just speculating..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To this point in his career, Waiters is a poor man's Nate Robinson.  

It's been what . . . 5 years?   But I still vividly remember this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFFCWuf1f4

One of the more epic meltdowns by the Hawks.  Dude was flat out incredible in that 4th quarter and OT.   

As the kids say . . . that last 3 he hit on Bibby tho.

The hate on dion waiters is a bit much. The cavs have been poor at player development. I think he can flourish in a better environment. I love his aggressiveness on drives and believe he can be coached into something special.

Did you watch every game this kid played in college like I did?? Haha had to after your UCLA comment to me about Anderson.

I don't hate Waiters at all but he's inefficient and hella streaky. He's just not a starting caliber guard because you can't depend on him. That's not coaching as he was coached by one of the best in college and was the same player. As a 6th man though he could probably win the award or be in the running every year. I'd certainly consider bringing him in to be our Manu and see how it goes.

• Premium Member

Just looking at the numbers, Cleveland is about 16 Million under the cap.  They still have some moves that they can make to make capspace.

I'm thinking that they will try to send Heywood, Bennett, and Wiggins to Miami as SNT for Lebron and they will Max Lebron out.

That leaves us.  I think they will try to either send us Jack or Waiters to us.  If they do that, they will be able to afford another good player...maybe trading for Love.

Maybe Thompson/Salmons/and Picks for Love.

The Cavs have picks coming from Memphis, Miami, and the Kings.  All of these picks are pretty good value...especially Memphis.

I suppose they would send us one of those picks.

They would send the other two and maybe one more first to Minny.

The question is which pick floats our boat?  So let's say they were sending us Jack and a first.

Which first should Ferry ask for?

Grizzlies
Cavaliers (protected #1-5 and #15-30)
Traded Jon Leuer, $6.4M trade exception to Grizzlies for Marreese Speights, Josh Selby, Wayne Ellington, 
 first round pick in first draft 2 years after Grizzlies send first round pick to Timberwolves via Rockets (protected #1-5, #15-30 in 2015-16, top 5 in 2017-18, unprotected in 2019) (?-?) on 2013-01-22

Heat
Cavaliers (top 10 protected)
Traded LeBron James, Cavaliers option to swap 2012 first round picks (not exercised)
to Heat for 2011 second round pick (protected top 40 in 2011-12, unprotected in 2013) 
(2011 #54-Milan Macvan), Cavaliers option to swap 2012 first round picks (not exercised), 
2012 second round pick (#34-Jae Crowder), first round pick (protected top 10 in 2013-14, 
unprotected in 2015) (2013 #30-Nemanja Nedovic), 
first round pick (2 years following the year in which Heat satisfies its obligation to 
convey a future first round draft pick to Cavaliers, protected top 10 in 2015-16, unprotected in 2017)
 (?-?), $14.5M trade exception on 2010-07-09

Kings
Cavaliers (top 10 protected)
Traded J.J. Hickson to Kings for Omri Casspi, 2012 first round pick (protected top 14 in 2012,
 top 13 in 2013, top 12 in 2014, top 10 in 2015-17, else 2017 second round pick (protected 56-60)) 
(?-?) on 2011-06-30

Bulls (top 10 protected)
Traded Luol Deng, Bulls conditional option to swap 2015 first round picks with Cavaliers 
(if Cavaliers pick is not a lottery pick) (?-?) to Cavaliers for Andrew Bynum, 2014 
first round pick (protected top 14 in 2012, top 13 in 2013, top 12 in 2014, top 10 in 2015-17, 
else 2017 second round pick (protected 56-60)) (?-?), 
Bulls conditional option to swap 2015 first round picks with Cavaliers (if Cavaliers pick is not a lottery pick)
 (?-?), 2015 second round pick (?-?), 2016 second round pick (?-?) on 2014-01-06

Did you watch every game this kid played in college like I did?? Haha had to after your UCLA comment to me about Anderson.

I don't hate Waiters at all but he's inefficient and hella streaky. He's just not a starting caliber guard because you can't depend on him. That's not coaching as he was coached by one of the best in college and was the same player. As a 6th man though he could probably win the award or be in the running every year. I'd certainly consider bringing him in to be our Manu and see how it goes.

hahaha good one

yea I feel the same to a degree, he has underwhelmed efficiency wise. He doesnt have a pure shooting stroke and typically players that shoot the way he does with that high arc are very streaky. He is surrounded by a lot of low iq guys currently too. He could be a ginobili type for us as an off guard that likes to create through the pick n roll. He shouldnt start for us though, because I like what korver does for us more

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just looking at the numbers, Cleveland is about 16 Million under the cap.  They still have some moves that they can make to make capspace.

I'm thinking that they will try to send Heywood, Bennett, and Wiggins to Miami as SNT for Lebron and they will Max Lebron out.

That makes no sense.  Lebron gets zero value from doing a S&T deal.  He can sign the exact same deal with Cleveland that he can do in a S&T and he gets to play with Heywood, Bennett and Wiggins.  Cleveland should give Miami nothing.

Where Cleveland may consider trading assets is to unload salary to create the cap space or to trade for another player to entice Lebron.  They can get basically to a max contract in space by waiving players on non-guaranteed deals and unloading Jack.  If they tie Jack to a couple of picks, then they unload him to someone with cap space but without the ability to get a premium free agent (the Sixers leap to mind) this year and they can sign Lebron without giving anything to Miami.  They can then look at flipping other assets for someone that Lebron likes if they want, like a Thompson, Bennett & Wiggins for a committed to sign Love deal.

• Premium Member

That makes no sense.  Lebron gets zero value from doing a S&T deal.  He can sign the exact same deal with Cleveland that he can do in a S&T and he gets to play with Heywood, Bennett and Wiggins.  Cleveland should give Miami nothing.

Where Cleveland may consider trading assets is to unload salary to create the cap space or to trade for another player to entice Lebron.  They can get basically to a max contract in space by waiving players on non-guaranteed deals and unloading Jack.  If they tie Jack to a couple of picks, then they unload him to someone with cap space but without the ability to get a premium free agent (the Sixers leap to mind) this year and they can sign Lebron without giving anything to Miami.  They can then look at flipping other assets for someone that Lebron likes if they want, like a Thompson, Bennett & Wiggins for a committed to sign Love deal.

IF Cleveland wants capspace to get KLOVE, they have to give up some of these unwanted players....unless you think Minny will take them?

Now, I had Minny taking Salmon's 7 million dollar contract and 1 player and some picks for Klove...

All in all, I think Miami would be happy with some roster players including Wiggins and minny would be happy with the first round picks.

However, I don't deny that Cleveland could sign Bron and try to send Wiggins, Bennett, Salmons, and some picks to Minny.

• Moderators

IF Cleveland wants capspace to get KLOVE, they have to give up some of these unwanted players....unless you think Minny will take them?

Now, I had Minny taking Salmon's 7 million dollar contract and 1 player and some picks for Klove...

All in all, I think Miami would be happy with some roster players including Wiggins and minny would be happy with the first round picks.

However, I don't deny that Cleveland could sign Bron and try to send Wiggins, Bennett, Salmons, and some picks to Minny.

Cleveland doesn't need to give Wiggins or any other significant asset to Miami under any circumstance.  The only reason to give Miami anything is purely to clear cap space and you only do that if Miami is demanding less than other teams.  No one is getting Wiggins or anything close to that value to clear Jack's contract.