• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford / Millsap - Why Keep Both?

JackB1

Our system doesn't rely on the need of a true center. We need floor spacers that can open up lanes for slashers. Why would you look to trade two all-stars in Al and Paul? Why when we have good players for a change do we need to trade them..? Its ludicrous and anti - championship building. Makes no sense. Please stop the blind general managing.

The Hawks are one or 2 players away from being a legitimate contender.  We have 2 PF's.  Milsap just had a great year and would give us a nice return.  Plus his contract is up next year.  Trade him now and get what we need.

• Premium Member

@hawksfanatic do you have a stat site that lists PPP in transition for players? I've got a feeling our bigs are high up the ladder on that and that's why we prefer agile bigs who can run the floor, vs the lumbering types like Jefferson who don't do anything for you in transition. 

Haha.......I see what your doing.    I remember the last game we played Jefferson destroyed us inside.  We would be better off with him now, I doubt we get Monroe.

The Hawks are one or 2 players away from being a legitimate contender. We have 2 PF's. Milsap just had a great year and would give us a nice return. Plus his contract is up next year. Trade him now and get what we need.

Trade Milsap for whom? I want to see what player comes in here and matches or surpasses his production.

• Premium Member

Our system doesn't rely on the need of a true center. We need floor spacers that can open up lanes for slashers. Why would you look to trade two all-stars in Al and Paul? Why when we have good players for a change do we need to trade them..? Its ludicrous and anti - championship building. Makes no sense. Please stop the blind general managing.

I think our system need inside scorers.  The high percentage shot is still king.  A three point shooting team can only go so far.  At some point, we either have to have an allstar calibre slashing forward or a Center who can get those high percentage scores.

I think our system need inside scorers.  The high percentage shot is still king.  A three point shooting team can only go so far.  At some point, we either have to have an allstar calibre slashing forward or a Center who can get those high percentage scores.

Doesn't have to be a center right?

• Like 2

I think our system need inside scorers. The high percentage shot is still king. A three point shooting team can only go so far. At some point, we either have to have an allstar calibre slashing forward or a Center who can get those high percentage scores.

The Spurs beat the Heat without having Duncan and the others bigs working in the post. Diaw made his impact slashing and distributing like Sap. Sap is the same player but better athlete. A bit of contradiction Diesel. The old ways of the NBA center is over. Check how its working out for Dwight Howard. Clogging lanes will kill teams that rely on traditional centers.
  • Like 2

The Spurs beat the Heat without having Duncan and the others bigs working in the post. Diaw made his impact slashing and distributing like Sap. Sap is the same player but better athlete. A bit of contradiction Diesel. The old ways of the NBA center is over. Check how its working out for Dwight Howard. Clogging lanes will kill teams that rely on traditional centers.

True there wasn't a lot of post scoring from big men. Most inside shots came from slashing to the goal via Kwahi Leonard

Correct in today's nba...it does not have to be a center.

• Like 1

Haha.......I see what your doing. I remember the last game we played Jefferson destroyed us inside. We would be better off with him now, I doubt we get Monroe.

It wasn't a dig at you, just saying I believe that's part of why our team is built the way it is. All 5 of our guys run the floor very well.

• Premium Member

The Hawks are one or 2 players away from being a legitimate contender.  We have 2 PF's.  Milsap just had a great year and would give us a nice return.  Plus his contract is up next year.  Trade him now and get what we need.

If we traded Millsap we wouldn't be one or two players away... we would be two or three.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

With Al and Sap we've got 2 versatile guys at C and PF respectively that can stretch the floor, score in transition, and pass the ball pretty well for bigs as well. While not opposed to getting a bigger C off the bench that can move Al to the 4 in a big lineup and/or start at C, it is not the priority for Bud's system as others have said.  What Bud needs is 2 capable slashers at the wing positions that can score outside/in.  The only guy that is even close to that capability at this point is DMC although he did a good job last year. We need a couple more DMCs on our team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It wasn't a dig at you, just saying I believe that's part of why our team is built the way it is. All 5 of our guys run the floor very well.

So off the bench Pero can run the court?  I see what your saying but when it comes playoff time a inside scorer is gold.

BTW, I think Payne will be a stud in our system.

So off the bench Pero can run the court?  I see what your saying but when it comes playoff time a inside scorer is gold.

BTW, I think Payne will be a stud in our system.

Pero certainly wasn't an ideal fit for the team. I think Ferry / Bud wanted to find a Matt Bonner for our team who can come off the bench and stretch the D. Unfortunate that he had to play so many minutes but yeah he's definitely not a fit for the running game. 

Agreed about Payne! 

I think both together and healthy presents huge problems for most front courts and is arguably the best in the league, depending on if we get an impact 3. I would try to move Al if I was cautious about his pec injury occurring again, which I am. Until then, if we could snag Hill, we'd have a pretty well-rounded C group.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

no.  Keep reading.  I said if we can get an allstar calibre slashing Forward that would work too.  Right now, we really have nobody who works inside.

• Premium Member

Pero certainly wasn't an ideal fit for the team. I think Ferry / Bud wanted to find a Matt Bonner for our team who can come off the bench and stretch the D. Unfortunate that he had to play so many minutes but yeah he's definitely not a fit for the running game. 

Agreed about Payne! 

I'm also wondering about going after another big like Monroe (i know he is a really good center) when we have a pretty good rotation with Horf, Sap, and Payne also though Payne is a rook

• Premium Member

Uhm.. there's a guy named Leonard who was their slashing SF that I said could work instead of a inside post guy.  Moreover, Diaw didn't kill Miami with no look passes to three point shooters.  Diaw killed Miami with no look passes to guys slashing and guys playing on the interior. 

The days of the NBA Center is NOT over.  IF you have one and he is well coached and he has a good team around him,  it's still the best way to a championship.

Uhm.. there's a guy named Leonard who was their slashing SF that I said could work instead of a inside post guy. Moreover, Diaw didn't kill Miami with no look passes to three point shooters. Diaw killed Miami with no look passes to guys slashing and guys playing on the interior.

The days of the NBA Center is NOT over. IF you have one and he is well coached and he has a good team around him, it's still the best way to a championship.

What? You're contradicting yourself a little bit Diesel.

• Premium Member

Uhm.. there's a guy named Leonard who was their slashing SF that I said could work instead of a inside post guy.  Moreover, Diaw didn't kill Miami with no look passes to three point shooters.  Diaw killed Miami with no look passes to guys slashing and guys playing on the interior. 

The days of the NBA Center is NOT over.  IF you have one and he is well coached and he has a good team around him,  it's still the best way to a championship.

"Diaw killed Miami with no look passes to guys slashing and guys playing on the interior." - no look passes to guys slashing, yes but to guys playing on the interior? no, if that means guys playing in the post, in classical post position, with their back to the basket, no!

From what I noticed, the spurs executed very little post offense, most everything consisted of ball movement, player movement without the ball, and selfless passing of the basketball to the player with the best shot, whether by slashing to the hoop from the perimeter/ through the lane (not in post position mind you) or passing out to the perimeter for 3.

Everyone on the court for the Spurs moved without the ball, and that is the key. When our system is working right everyone is moving without the ball and/or setting up for an open 3 ball from the perimeter.

• Like 1