• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We just need another backup center other than Pero....

JTB

Do you want me to post Pero's numbers? I don't care if he did come cheap...

Using Hibbert's underachieving to try and defend Pero's shitty play is stupid.

So Hibbert underachieved but Pero was shitty.

They both underachieved and played shitty.

No one expected Pero to miss and keep on missing WIDE open shots.

Hibbert is really talented but Pero is not (in comparison).

Agreed - but when you do a relative comparison of both their regular season vs the playoffs - they both underachieved and played shitty based on expectations.

Agreed - but when you do a relative comparison of both their regular season vs the playoffs - they both underachieved and played shitty based on expectations.

Hibbert at least played decent against Washington.

It got to the point to where Antić could have helped the team better by not taking any shots at all. 16.7% FG.

Yikes

Hibbert at least played decent against Washington.

It got to the point to where Antić could have helped the team better by not taking any shots at all. 16.7% FG.

Yikes

We all can agree that Pero was HORRIBLE.

Like I said we didn't think he'd keep missing shot after shot.

The fact that you have to get to the Washington series to pump up Hibbert is even more testament to how much Pero meant to the team. He played terribly on offense in the series, but shut Hibbert down. It took seven games for Hibbert to even look like he had a pulse. 

Hibbert shot 37% for the series. He's an All-Star. He was playing against our third (maybe fourth) string center. Pero even out-rebounded Roy. Pero made 1.2 million. Hibbert is being paid $14 million.

Not a bad ROI for a guy that was slated to play very sparingly for the team as a late roster filler.

• Like 1

Wrong.........he had a exception to pick up a player to replace them and did not do it.

Funny how people forget this.

We did nothing at the trade deadline when this team was free falling like Tom Petty. So you're exactly right. Blame the GM for our center situation last season.

- Brand

- Ayón

- Antić

.. we're the centers on the roster last season. And you can make an argument that all of those guys are really power forwards.

Who does that?

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

Come on man we are arguing about a 3rd string center that got put in a situation to be a full time center. How can we really be that mad as hawks fans?

Nobody is takin up for Pero but you can't expect starter quality production from a 3rd string center even if given the minutes!

Seeing that he was actually serviceable at times during the regular season ( including a few games vs the Pacers ), his performance in the playoffs is inexcusable. It's not like the guy hadn't played all year and got thrust into the starting lineup when the playoffs started. He had already played significant mi uses for this team.

The GM simply needs to cut that movie villian.

The fact that you have to get to the Washington series to pump up Hibbert is even more testament to how much Pero meant to the team. He played terribly on offense in the series, but shut Hibbert down. It took seven games for Hibbert to even look like he had a pulse.

Hibbert shot 37% for the series. He's an All-Star. He was playing against our third (maybe fourth) string center. Pero even out-rebounded Roy. Pero made 1.2 million. Hibbert is being paid $14 million.

Not a bad ROI for a guy that was slated to play very sparingly for the team as a late roster filler.

Pero didn't shut Hibbert down. That guy had been playing horrible for a 2 month stretch. Hibbert was self-checked. Some of you are acting like Pero isn't expendable. We can find someone in the D-League better than Pero.

Hell, Muscala may be better than Pero. And if he isn't, blame the GM for that selection as well.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

Pero didn't shut Hibbert down. That guy had been playing horrible for a 2 month stretch. Hibbert was self-checked. Some of you are acting like Pero isn't expendable. We can find someone in the D-League better than Pero.

Hell, Muscala may be better than Pero. And if he isn't, blame the GM for that selection as well.

I'm sorry. I forgot everything sucks. All the time.

• Like 1

I don't care how much Pero made... He shot 16% in the playoffs. Not much is expected of him. Just hit a few shots to keep the floor spread out. That's all. Even as a starter we can say that not much was expected of him outside of doing that.

Sorry, I think it was more mental for Roy than anything.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I don't care how much Pero made... He shot 16% in the playoffs. Not much is expected of him. Just hit a few shots to keep the floor spread out. That's all. Even as a starter we can say that not much was expected of him outside of doing that.

Sorry, I think it was more mental for Roy than anything.

Well, I can and will contend that it was also mental with Pero - missing shots he used to making.