• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you create a topic you know doesn't belong in Homecourt it's getting deleted

Admin

Fair enough, and I do remember "trade of the day."  

Maybe think about leaving some topics that are worthwhile in the main forum even if they don't technically belong here.  

Thanks for all your hard work.  Appreciate it.  

I did that with the draft stuff last week. Stuff stayed up there for 5 days before I moved them to the draft forum. And only reason they were moved there is because it's nice to be able to go back and search and see what people said prior to and after the draft about our players. Years from now when we know what we have it's just cool to be able to go and look back.

And there's other topics here that may or may not belong but they're up here.  But people act like I'm asking them to pick weeds in the garden or something. There are other forums for organization but you can easily click the "New Content" button and see all new content from every forum in 1 place. It couldn't be more simple honestly. 

Thanks for understanding. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know I've said this about a million times but the reason for this is archive / search purposes.  It took a LONG time for me to organize old stuff when I took over these forums almost 8 years ago and I work very hard to keep them organized now.  This applies to trade ideas, draft talk, stuff regarding players on other teams, etc. 

I don't mind, although I don't enjoy, moving posts that were posted in the wrong forum because of an accident or because the person didn't know. But the reason I started this topic tonight is because someone created a topic and started it with something along the lines of "I know this doesn't belong here but I'm going to put it here anyway". That's just disrespectful to me and @AHF who have to try and keep this place organized. 

Now @Final_quest you've been around long enough to know that this place used to be chaos and the old "trade of the day" along with various other crap threads about players that had nothing to do with the Hawks cluttered up our Hawks forum.  And I'm sorry guys but I'm NOT going to let it go back to those days. 

As @JayBirdHawk said, a place for everything and everything in its place. 

That's one of the things I was going to mention in my previous post is that sorting threads and having organization makes it easier to search for old threads.  A lot of he said, she said goes on here and it's convient to be able to go back and find posts that prove a stance.  Like me being right about Monta Ellis.  saythat.gif

• Like 1

That's one of the things I was going to mention in my previous post is that sorting threads and having organization makes it easier to search for old threads.  A lot of he said, she said goes on here and it's convient to be able to go back and find posts that prove a stance.  Like me being right about Monta Ellis.  saythat.gif

Exactly! If someone can go back and find an instance of me being wrong then they should be able to. It's very rare so I've got to try and make it as easy as possible :)

• Like 3

Maybe next up can be the titles that don't tell you what the thread is about.

"So I heard from a source.."

"What do you guys think of.."

Etc..

I actually 100% agree with this as well.  It leads to confusion and duplicate threads created.  Plus it's impossible to go back and find these topics when you search for them because of their weird name. 

I actually 100% agree with this as well. It leads to confusion and duplicate threads created. Plus it's impossible to go back and find these topics when you search for them because of their weird name.

also just regular duplicate threads. I don't know how many times ive posted news and someone just creates a new topic on the same news i just posted about

also just regular duplicate threads. I don't know how many times ive posted news and someone just creates a new topic on the same news i just posted about

Yep we try and merge similar threads but people are tricky and try and make them sound like they're different.

• Moderators

I actually 100% agree with this as well.  It leads to confusion and duplicate threads created.  Plus it's impossible to go back and find these topics when you search for them because of their weird name. 

...but I like giving my threads witty titles... :cry:         kickcan.gif

~psh

• Like 1

I'm sorry I had to say this but @lethalweapon3 has you beat. The most witty thread-title maker in the game. No one can challenge him. No. One.

This is true but even lethal creates topics that are too witty and cause duplicates to be created because some people had no idea what he was actually posting about lol. 

But ferrsure is coming along with his thread titles and graphic design skills ;)

• Like 2