• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can I talk about CViv right here?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Mods:  I believe that this is Hawks related...

We got the dumbest beat reporter in the world...

Earlier, he reported that we were going to waive Salmons today.  Now he's reporting that we might trade Salmons also?

Whatever happened to guys like Denberg and Pasquerelli?

Or people like Voison and Sekou??

I know that they have gone on... But DAMN... Did CViv get a degree in Journalism or is he a blogger made beat reporter.  I swear the bloggers have their facts correct more than he does?  I swear the bloggers do more fact checking than he does.

I honestly can't follow Hawks basketball without knowing if I'm reading the private thoughts of Cviv or reading something that he's researched.

Here's my request for Cviv!

Can I get facts with my story please?

Can you please make a phone call and talk to somebody in the know?

Have you taken the time to do all you can to make friends with people on the inside?

Most importantly, can you tell me when it's fact or just speculation?

Try this... CViv, you can have a code word with Hawksquawk to let only us know that you're just speculating.

"Sources say".

From now on, when you say "Sources say" we will know that it's speculation.  (SS=S)

When you say "Multiple sources"  we will know that's it fact checked as best as you could check!!

If you do that, we will applaud you for being a journalist with integrity!!

• Like 4

I think you're railing against "journalism" as a whole nowadays.  The fact that he can ascend to the level of beat reporter and generate the quality(sic) of info he does that's an industry problem more so than a CViv problem.

Also, inb4 @Dolfan23 complains about you starting too many threads. buba.gif

• Moderators

I'm advocating that we delete him from the Hawksquawk twitter feed.  It's pretty bad when a writer with PeachtreeWhoops or SBNation breaks Hawks news quicker than a Hawks beat writer.  He should have seriously followed the Thrashers to Winnipeg.

• Like 3

Seriously this is getting dumb.  Obviously this is Hawks related. 

And @kg01 I've never once complained about someone creating too many threads. But you know you sure are mentioning me and my moderating rules in a lot of threads here. If you're that concerned then I might be able to help with that some if we put you on moderator preview, that way I can decide which of your posts are in the right place before they're seen. 

• Premium Member

I think you're railing against "journalism" as a whole nowadays.  The fact that he can ascend to the level of beat reporter and generate the quality(sic) of info he does that's an industry problem more so than a CViv problem.

Also, inb4 @Dolfan23 complains about you starting too many threads. buba.gif

No. I think what we are seeing is a lot of Journalist relying on the blogosphere and the twittersphere to give them content.  Sadly, that content is mostly speculation.  My suggestion is that CViv just take the time to get to know somebody on the inside.. They don't have to be high up, but somebody who can dismiss a speculation before he hits the send button. It's Dewey over Truman out here and Cviv has an obligation to just do a small amount of fact checking.  IF he's the only one putting out REAL stories.. Great.   But if he's speculating just like everybody else... then why do we need him??

We need somebody who we can look to for the truth.  It's really bad that CViv has the title and the big bucks and JWalker doesn't.

• Like 1

Seriously this is getting dumb.  Obviously this is Hawks related. 

And @kg01 I've never once complained about someone creating too many threads. But you know you sure are mentioning me and my moderating rules in a lot of threads here. If you're that concerned then I might be able to help with that some if we put you on moderator preview, that way I can decide which of your posts are in the right place before they're seen. 

Ok, perhaps I should explain.  I post on another board that has disinterested mods and it's led to a painful descent into madness and has driven away most of the decent folks.  So, having seen the opposite, I actually admire and appreciate what you do here.  I do, however, find it hilarious that you take it so personally when folks mention it so I like to poke the bear every once in a while.

And no to the pre-mod thing thanks.

Ok, perhaps I should explain.  I post on another board that has disinterested mods and it's led to a painful descent into madness and has driven away most of the decent folks.  So, having seen the opposite, I actually admire and appreciate what you do here.  I do, however, find it hilarious that you take it so personally when folks mention it so I like to poke the bear every once in a while.

Ah alright well yeah I guess I'm a little edgy right now so my fault then. I'm glad you appreciate it. 

• Premium Member

No. I think what we are seeing is a lot of Journalist relying on the blogosphere and the twittersphere to give them content. Sadly, that content is mostly speculation. My suggestion is that CViv just take the time to get to know somebody on the inside.. They don't have to be high up, but somebody who can dismiss a speculation before he hits the send button. It's Dewey over Truman out here and Cviv has an obligation to just do a small amount of fact checking. IF he's the only one putting out REAL stories.. Great. But if he's speculating just like everybody else... then why do we need him??

We need somebody who we can look to for the truth. It's really bad that CViv has the title and the big bucks and JWalker doesn't.

It's quite simple honestly. If we think he is a fool imagine what the people in the know think about him. They probably laugh at his content just as much as we do.

Get somebody respectable in there and hopefully you will see some sort of improvement.

• Like 1

Speaking of reporting....FWIW, a friend of mine posted on FB that Ohio radio is reporting that Bron is going to the Cavs. Can't find any official source coming out with that tho, so take that however you want. Maybe the dam will finally break soon.

Wanna get CViv and his stupid subscription stories replaced or at least made free? Click on his subscription links and then close the page after a few seconds. That's called a bounce and it looks really bad if they care at all about analytics with their website.  If we all do this enough it will make the bounce rate for his stuff awful and someone is bound to notice. 

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-nba-players-improving-at-the-skill-factory/ngcyd/

• Like 3

Ok, perhaps I should explain. I post on another board that has disinterested mods and it's led to a painful descent into madness and has driven away most of the decent folks. So, having seen the opposite, I actually admire and appreciate what you do here. I do, however, find it hilarious that you take it so personally when folks mention it so I like to poke the bear every once in a while.

AFMB?

Wanna get CViv and his stupid subscription stories replaced or at least made free? Click on his subscription links and then close the page after a few seconds. That's called a bounce and it looks really bad if they care at all about analytics with their website.  If we all do this enough it will make the bounce rate for his stuff awful and someone is bound to notice. 

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-nba-players-improving-at-the-skill-factory/ngcyd/

HAHA!