• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lebron Reaction= Howard Reaction

Final_quest

This happened last year.  Howard signs with the Rockets and everyone flips out because we didn't get him.  As if we had a chance.  

We should at least be happy that Lebron and Bosh are out of our division.  There was never a rumor about Lebron, Bosh, or Melo coming to our team.  Why is their outrage now that Lebron signed with Cleveland?  It's like some people expected him to sign with us.

• Moderators

I don't see that at all.  A lot of us hoped that Dwight would sign with us and that generated genuine disappointment.  In contrast, I don't think anybody seriously thought that it was ever likely Lebron would sign with us.  Lebron just generates lots of controversy due to his love of attention, his crying/ref favoritism, and his PR debacle of the "Decision 1."  The latest resentment for him relates almost entirely to the fact that his delay in signing has held up the FA market and could have resulted in us not being able to move Salmons because a trade partner was waiting for the dominos to fall following Lebron's announcement.

Ferry's strategy is going to be a failure and many people know it deep down inside.

The Hawks can't get any major young talent because they can't draft high enough, and nobody that is worth it is going to sign on to play with 2nd raters like Horford and Millsap. I'm in the trade Horford camp now. All he does is get hurt, and nobody major is signing here to play with him because he is not a draw. 

• Like 2

My "outrage" is that we keep trying in free agency, and then the guys we are after seem to be too pricey. Which isn't our fault, so I can't get mad about it, but the upsetting is part is that we KEEP trying the same exact things over and over. Millsap is great. But other than that what upper type talent has Ferry been able to add to this team? I think a lot of people expected something different than the previous regimes, and it just doesnt seem to be happening. 

My problem isn't FAs. Its drafting. And how we seem to ignore it and build through Free Agency. Which isn't a solid plan for this franchise. When Mike Scott is perhaps the most impactful draft pick you've made, you have an issue. And Ferry's draft history in Cleveland was poor as well. If we can't get even 2nd tier free agents, we need to start doing a LOT better at drafting talent. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 3

My "outrage" is that we keep trying in free agency, and then the guys we are after seem to be too pricey. Which isn't our fault, so I can't get mad about it, but the upsetting is part is that we KEEP trying the same exact things over and over. Millsap is great. But other than that what upper type talent has Ferry been able to add to this team? I think a lot of people expected something different than the previous regimes, and it just doesnt seem to be happening. 

My problem is FAs. Its drafting. When Mike Scott is perhaps the most impactful draft pick you've made, you have an issue. And Ferry's draft history in Cleveland was poor as well. If we can't get even 2nd tier free agents, we need to start doing a LOT better at drafting talent. 

A lot better? How many players (picks) have we missed on? Our picks have been mid 1st rounders. What more do you expect? Last year was really Ferry's first draft. He missed on Bebe, but Dennis has potential. IMO Payne can be a stud and Patterson can be a quality starter in our system. Not bad when you are drafting in the mids.

We can't tank with Bud as our coach so that is not an option.

• Like 1

People like Hotlanta thrive for times like these. I'm surprised he has anything to say since JJ left.....

Years ago.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Some except mediocrity and some don't. I would also like to add that those who support the franchise no matter what happens know that we are on the tread mill once again.

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 1

I dont think anyone expected Lebron to come to ATL. What this does is make the east a little more wide open. While Clevland may be a better choice for the future it most likely wont be the near future. We will have to see if they can add key pieces before the season starts but right now they are as beatable as any other team in the east. This is the year to make our run.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I dont think anyone expected Lebron to come to ATL. What this does is make the east a little more wide open. While Clevland may be a better choice for the future it most likely wont be the near future. We will have to see if they can add key pieces before the season starts but right now they are as beatable as any other team in the east. This is the year to make our run.

If this is the year Dukie boy better get it in gear and get something done.

• Like 1

A lot better? How many players (picks) have we missed on? Our picks have been mid 1st rounders. What more do you expect? Last year was really Ferry's first draft. He missed on Bebe, but Dennis has potential. IMO Payne can be a stud and Patterson can be a quality starter in our system. Not bad when you are drafting in the mids.

We can't tank with Bud as our coach so that is not an option.

Im not a fan of the "picking in mid round" excuse. So are a lot of teams. That doesn't stop them from adding quality players. I do like Payne. But we still have a pretty large need on the perimeter. And Ferry has had 3 drafts now. Mike Scott is the most impactful guy out of the lot, I wasn't trying to lie. 

And part of it goes back to Cleveland and how he struggled there. 

I get what you're saying about not being able to tank with bud. But if we can't draft well in the mid rounds, and we can't get decent free agents to come on a regular basis, what are we going to do? Just sit around and hope for lightning in a bottle? We've been following the same model for a long time. It hasnt produced different results. At what point do we say, "Hmm. Maybe we should try a different approach at roster building"

If this is the year Dukie boy better get it in gear and get something done.

Yup, if he has a good move to make now is the time to make it. The east isnt going to get any easier than it is rite now. Im not saying were favorites but we can compete with any team in the east if healthy. There is no brick wall for us like the big 3 Heat to run into. Now we would prolly be destroyed in the nba finals but at least we would get there for once.

• Premium Member

Yup, if he has a good move to make now is the time to make it. The east isnt going to get any easier than it is rite now. Im not saying were favorites but we can compete with any team in the east if healthy. There is no brick wall for us like the big 3 Heat to run into. Now we would prolly be destroyed in the nba finals but at least we would get there for once.

He should have signed Deng already before the LeBron news broke today. Now, I doubt we get him because we are the Kmart of the NBA