• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks offering Pau Gasol 11 million a year [Update: Signing with Chicago]

GameTime

• Premium Member

So Bulls just got stronger. They got Gasol (and possibly Melo next). So how good are we?

They won't get Melo because they won't have the cap space. They still are definitely a better team now with Gasol.

• Like 1

Some of you are really impossible. Complain about trying to add a player who is very productive and a beautiful fit for the team and then cry for an overhyped lockerroom cancer like Stephenson. I am impressed with the direction Ferry is trying to take the team in. I just hooe we can win the battle for Gasol

Some of you are really impossible. Complain about trying to add a player who is very productive and a beautiful fit for the team and then cry for an overhyped lockerroom cancer like Stephenson. I am impressed with the direction Ferry is trying to take the team in. I just hooe we can win the battle for Gasol

I don't give a crap about diamonds in the rough.

Question, who was it that is very productive that we picked up? Did we get Lance?

I am impressed with the direction Ferry is trying to take the team in. 

It's the same direction the team was going before Ferry got here.  If you enjoy just making the playoffs with no chance at actually winning a championship then I guess you would be impressed with the same decade long direction...

• Like 1

Question, who was it that is very productive that we picked up? Did we get Lance?

I was referring to us going after Gasol who is a very productive center.

I don't give a crap about diamonds in the rough.

Stephenson is definitely not a diamond in the rough. More like fools gold.

It's the same direction the team was going before Ferry got here.  If you enjoy just making the playoffs with no chance at actually winning a championship then I guess you would be impressed with the same decade long direction...

No it isnt. Hes making smart calculated moves in an attempt to give Bud the best possible roster to contend. Listen, LeBron and Melo arent coming here. Ferry has offered every superstar worth offering a contract. We can contend with our balanced roster, but we are about 1 or 2 very solid additions away. Offering Gasol makes us much better. What exactly are you expecting to happen ?

No it isnt. Hes making smart calculated moves in an attempt to give Bud the best possible roster to contend. Listen, LeBron and Melo arent coming here. Ferry has offered every superstar worth offering a contract. We can contend with our balanced roster, but we are about 1 or 2 very solid additions away. Offering Gasol makes us much better. What exactly are you expecting to happen ?

This roster full of role players is not even close to being a contender. Both Korver and Carroll should be coming off the bench.

They wouldn't have traded Smith for Lebron James back in those days.

But I definitely approved of Smith for Pau in a trade.

I wanted that Josh/Pau trade but then LAL wanted Teague and a pick thrown in too.

• Premium Member

I wanted that Josh/Pau trade but then LAL wanted Teague and a pick thrown in too.

That was too much to give up i remember us discussing the Lakers sense of entitlement

• Premium Member

This roster full of role players is not even close to being a contender. Both Korver and Carroll should be coming off the bench.

One of them likely is going to the bench since Thabo was a starter for OKC most part of the last couple years. Sure is nice to have quality depth.

• Premium Member

If we were lucky enough to get Gasol then we are instant contenders in the east, bust as we sit now we are not contenders. We are still a first round exit treadmill team and that is why we need a talent infusion of a Gasol, Deng, or Stevenson. We have no player on our roster that can take over a game our players are role players and not much else. Decent team but there are at least 4 better in the EC.

It looks like DF is a second tier GM also.

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 3