• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Sign Bazemore

PSSSHHHRRR87

Bazed God

I'll remember you coined the phrase, but I hope he's good enough for me to use the term ad nauseum this year. I think Lil B is the coolest rapper I would never listen to.

Bud sees a very raw mineral that he could possibly turn into a jewel. If anyone could its him. Could he possibly be ready for the game tomorrow and author the best dunk of the Summer League right quick?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Has there been an "I'm Told Kent" yet?

~lw3

I doubt that he's out there but I imagine he's enjoying his 3rd mint julep at a craps table in Vegas chatting with an attractive woman who seems oddly interested in listing "wine" prices.
  • Like 1

Did you read the article? (serious question, because if you did and it wasn't clear then it would be good for me to know)

Nope, it was perfectly clear so you're good to go @hawksfanatic. I didn't click on the link until after not one but TWO replies. It all makes perfect sense after reading.

FA season has me a little manic, my apologies. :lol:

2 MILLION A YEAR WOW

STEAL OF THE YEAR IM TELLING YALL

Dude can be really good for us

I'm potentially liking this deal.  It's not a ton of money, and he is the type of player we need to target to build more quality depth quality/interchangeable depth with.  Sefolasha is more depth.  I'm not against re-sign Joe Johnson if we are unable to attract anything better before his contact is up.  He won't be making more than LeBron this time and could actually see him taking a bit of a pay cut and coming back and fitting in well with Coach Bud's offense.  We need to add some players though. We got the cap space to do it --2 years/4 million is nothing in the grand scheme.  Sefolosha is coming cheap.  We have him on a low risk, high reward contract.  Ferry is shrewd with his money as he should be it as this point.

I like the deal, I just don't like that we have to be excited for it. In basketball terms, does this change our footing in the East, or makes our starting line-up better? Let's be honest, we could upgrade any and all positions, yet so far we have only through the draft and free agency added depth to our bench (question marks though, rookies/young/or declining vets). We are not a contender, nor even a top 3 team in the East, honestly.

I'm hoping there is more to come, and something that upgrades the team.

They apparently weren't Pau complained about how selfish of a player Bazemore is.

......on a team with Young and Kobe.......

• Like 1

I like the deal, I just don't like that we have to be excited for it. In basketball terms, does this change our footing in the East, or makes our starting line-up better? Let's be honest, we could upgrade any and all positions, yet so far we have only through the draft and free agency added depth to our bench (question marks though, rookies/young/or declining vets). We are not a contender, nor even a top 3 team in the East, honestly.

HAHA I didn't even think about that...wow...

• Like 1

I'm excited with the deal for the sole fact it proves again, Danny Ferry isnt going to be really fast and loose with our payroll.  From what I've read of Bazemore, I feel like he could be a piece on a winning team...maybe.  By the time his contract is up, we will either let him walk or give him a raise to stay.

• Premium Member

Which is like saying a sore toe is better than a bad back.

Bazemore is a slasher who can "get his" off the bench and if Bud gets him to buy in to his system which i dont see why he wont - seems to have a rep as a high character guy - he is a big upgrade over Cartier.

People want to complain about picking up Bazemore at an extremely low price. Yet if he were signed by the Heat, Spurs, Knicks, Bulls, or Thunder then these same people who are complaining would also complain that another team signed Bazemore and Ferry didn't.

You really just can't please some people. Some people lose patience and want everything up front NOW instead of building a team that can compete for the long haul even if it means having a few not-so-successful years at the start-up. Of course I understand where some of them are coming from because they simply want the Hawks to be a real contender and I give major props to them for always staying with the team instead of just bandwagoning to a different team. 

However, there's only several superstars to go around. We don't have one, okay then that is fine. Let's build a system with a quality coaching staff and talented players. Give me a smart/hardworking team who plays for each other under a real head coach, like the coach that we finally have, and fills their role(s) instead of a team that has a superstar amongst 'me-first' attitude type players and coached by a mediocre at best head coach.

I understand the frustration with Ferry, he has me scratching my head some too. All I can say is be patient folks, and yes I know that you've been waiting 30+ years blah blah blah but sports isn't all that there is to life. Enjoy the other things that you like in life while also keeping up with the Hawks, don't let transactions and personnel moves of your sports team(s) get under your skin as much. I know the negative folks out there want a winner, we all do, and that the easiest way of accomplishing that is by acquiring a superstar or nobody but notable established players who aren't past their primes. This year, that's not going to happen but why not still make improvements from last year (I know the sour grapes will believe that we've downgraded and not improved by any means even in the slightest ways) and then make improvements next offseason and so on? Build off the previous year and keep moving forward. Big things have small beginnings. 

Anyways...

Kent Bazemore who just turned 25 for a 2 year/$2 million dollar deal>>>>>>>>>>Ben Gordon's and Jodie Meeks' golden tickets that they received. 

Bravo move! Low risk, high reward! 

• Like 4

and then make improvements next offseason and so on?

How many more years do we have to keep hearing this.  "Just wait until next offseason"...  You want to know what happens next offseason?  Millsap signs a big deal with a different team and we have his cap space that we'll use to sign more bench players/fringe starters then the next off season Horford will move on to a team that actually wants to compete for championships and then Ferry will finally start the rebuild buying himself another 5 years of cap space and lotto picks.  Hopefully we'll rid ourselves of Teague's contract during that time and then we might actually get away from the treadmill philosophy and make some real progress instead of this faux-progress that a lot of the fans have bought into for the last decade.  We sure do love our core...  

And no I don't think that's being negative.  It's being realistic based off of everything(or nothing) that Ferry has done in his offseasons up to this point.

• Like 1

Question:  Are the Hawks now better than the team that finished last season

for us and went deep in the first round before we lost?

I believe we're a lot better.  To me, the whole idea is to keep on improving at

ever opportunity and we're doing that.

Some believe that we can't continue to improve.  That we will lose our starters

and be stuck with our current bench players or worse.  If we had the entire

roster of the all star team here, some would complain that the Hawks had ruined

all the competition and should immediately drop half of the players.

buba.gif

• Like 1