Merged: Who's (FA) Next? & In the immortal words of Bill Goldberg

Guest BraveHawk

Guest BraveHawk

I thought Kent Bazemore was a very good signing by the Hawks but I am hoping the Danny Ferry can add at least one more quality FA move in the near future.  Unfortunately, I have been reading that both Luol Deng (Suns?) and Pau Gasol (Bulls?) will not be signing with the Hawks but is there any possibility the Hawks can still sign another good quality player (My personal choice would be Greg Monroe but I don't see that happening either) in the near future (this weekend?)?

I'm hoping for some magical trade happening. The only player out that we *could sign that would make a difference is Lance, but I know we won't.

Ferry's signings haven't been bad, he gets good deals, or at least deals that won't strap us long term, but just good deals alone won't cut it. It's like the used car market - he's doing great getting below market deals on some used Toyotas and Fords, but at the end of the day you aren't going to win any races with a roster full of corollas and Taurus' on great deals.

Old man Brand is not that bad and he did give us some very good

minutes last season.  He already knows Bud's system so he doesn't

need training.

There is an old adage:  "A new broom sweeps clean, ah, but the old broom

knows where the dirt hides."

Brand is old.  Sure.  Don't sell the old man short.  He knows how to play.

Youngsters have to learn how to play NBA ball.  Great example for us,

Dennis the Menance, our German PG.  He's learning and still learning this

season.  Growing, maturing.

Brand is past all that.  If he returns, I will not be disappointed.

sun_bespectacled.gif

Guest BraveHawk

Old man Brand is not that bad and he did give us some very good

minutes last season.  He already knows Bud's system so he doesn't

need training.

There is an old adage:  "A new broom sweeps clean, ah, but the old broom

knows where the dirt hides."

Brand is old.  Sure.  Don't sell the old man short.  He knows how to play.

Youngsters have to learn how to play NBA ball.  Great example for us,

Dennis the Menance, our German PG.  He's learning and still learning this

season.  Growing, maturing.

Brand is past all that.  If he returns, I will not be disappointed.

sun_bespectacled.gif

While I would still like to see the Hawks sign Monroe, Deng or Gasol I definitely agree with you on your thoughts (can still give some quality minutes, knows the system, etc) on Elton Brand!  I am guessing (probably wrong!) that if the Hawks did re-sign Brand it would be a lot cheaper than signing Monroe, Deng or Gasol which could allow the Hawks to still sign another 2nd Tier FA or two.

I wouldn't mind Turner. We aren't getting Lance as much as some of us want him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turner is so meh, I wouldn't want to give him nothing but a one year deal or a 2 year deal with the team option.

At this point I don't expect to see something significant unless its a trade. Because I don't see us getting Lance and Evan Turner isn't worth talking about

There's something about Lance that screams J.R. Rider to me. At this point, I'd go for Turner. He wasn't all that bad before getting traded to the Pacers. You could do a lot worse than 17/6...

Those were empty stats on one of the worst teams put together in quite a while

Marc Gasol and Kevin Love will be FA next year and both very good players. Keep your flexibility while trying to push deeper into the playoffs. That and a lottery pick from the Nets will make us a more attractive destination.

Marc Gasol and Kevin Love will be FA next year and both very good players. Keep your flexibility while trying to push deeper into the playoffs. That and a lottery pick from the Nets will make us a more attractive destination.

How many times do we need to be burned by free agents before we realize anyone worth a damn isn't coming here.

• Like 1

No way Love comes here on his own. No way.

And why would Gasol?

How many times do we need to be burned by free agents before we realize anyone worth a damn isn't coming here.

Because we never look like we are one piece away to those free agents. If we lose our flexibility adding overpriced roleplayers we may be one piece away, but then cant afford said piece. Id rather take our chances with this roster in a shaken up EC and the possibility of addind a lottery quality player making us look more attractive. Plus, we could make

a big trade to add a Star and still have money to go after a top free agent. No one available is going to take us any farther than we are already going. Why waste the money ?

No way Love comes here on his own. No way.

And why would Gasol?

If we make it to the ECF, theres no way they would consider coming if not individually together as a pair. Not even adding the fact that Brooklyn may be the odd man out for the playoffs this year.