• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Who's (FA) Next? & In the immortal words of Bill Goldberg

Guest BraveHawk

Marc Gasol and Kevin Love will be FA next year and both very good players. Keep your flexibility while trying to push deeper into the playoffs. That and a lottery pick from the Nets will make us a more attractive destination.

There's a better chance of Dan Uggla winning the triple crown this year than either of them coming here outright. LA and NYC will have capspace next year. What looks better, playing with Kobe, Carmelo, or the rag-tag bunch here who most likely will lose Millsap in free agency?

Edited by Dejay

Because we never look like we are one piece away to those free agents. If we lose our flexibility adding overpriced roleplayers we may be one piece away, but then cant afford said piece. Id rather take our chances with this roster in a shaken up EC and the possibility of addind a lottery quality player making us look more attractive. Plus, we could make

a big trade to add a Star and still have money to go after a top free agent. No one available is going to take us any farther than we are already going. Why waste the money ?

I'm not the one for wasting money and me personally I would rather not spend then get someone like Turner or Marion. I just don't see any top tier FA all of a sudden seeing as one piece away when we've made the playoffs 7 straight years and we are still a joke of the NBA. We really have to hope the Nets tank hard next year cuz thats really the only way to make us more attractive is getting a top 10 pick on this team

There's a better chance of Dan Uggla winning the triple crown this year than either of them coming here outright. LA and NYC will have capspace next year. What looks better, playing with Kobe, Carmelo, or the rag-tag bunch here who most likely will lose Millsap in free agency?

It depends on how good the Lakers or Knicks are next season. If im right they both lose about 50 games and wont look like an attractive destination at all except for Love whos a LA native. Whst looks better is playing for winning team and I think the difference between the Lakers/Knicks and us will be night and day.

I'm not the one for wasting money and me personally I would rather not spend then get someone like Turner or Marion. I just don't see any top tier FA all of a sudden seeing as one piece away when we've made the playoffs 7 straight years and we are still a joke of the NBA. We really have to hope the Nets tank hard next year cuz thats really the only way to make us more attractive is getting a top 10 pick on this team

I agree adding that lottery pick is very important, but if we manage to make the ECF we would immediately become attractive to next years FAs.

It depends on how good the Lakers or Knicks are next season. If im right they both lose about 50 games and wont look like an attractive destination at all except for Love whos a LA native. Whst looks better is playing for winning team and I think the difference between the Lakers/Knicks and us will be night and day.

If you think being courted by Phil Jackson with a empty roster featuring Carmelo that is located in NYC will be less attractive than us, I dont know what to tell you.

• Like 1

Come on GT, you are comparing a High BBIQ movement player who is very good in the low post to a skilled terrible BBIQ and terrible decision making player like Blatche. Blatche has lower BBIQ than Smoove, J.R. Smith, and Stromile Swift. Come on GT, this was not a good comparison at all.

Who's next? Deng is off the board, as is Ariza, Gasol, Parsons, Melo, Lebron, and Pierce. So who should they go after now? Lance? Evan Turner? Kick the tires on Shawn Marion?

How you just gonna steal my idea like that @Dejay?? no.gif

Does the title of this topic "Who's Next" not make you guys think of Goldberg back in the day?  Man I used to love me some WWE/F back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeFmE_DVYVU

• Like 2

If you think being courted by Phil Jackson with a empty roster featuring Carmelo that is located in NYC will be less attractive than us, I dont know what to tell you.

Being courted by Phil Jackson is obviously overblown. NYC is probably going to be terrible next year even with Carmelo. If a player goes there its not about winning..

Lol, I was waiting on that to come up. And who didn't love the Attitude Era? Must see television every Monday...

Man I was in the Army at the time and we used to watch it with all of our doors open and the yelling filling the halls. Guys would run to other rooms for sneak attack elbows and things like that. Sure miss those days sometimes.  I can't remember when I stopped watching it but I believe it was around 2001 or so. 

Come on GT, you are comparing a High BBIQ movement player who is very good in the low post to a skilled terrible BBIQ and terrible decision making player like Blatche. Blatche has lower BBIQ than Smoove, J.R. Smith, and Stromile Swift. Come on GT, this was not a good comparison at all.

How can you watch Blatche last year and say that supe? Blatche in Washington I would agree with you. Numbers show Blatche to be better in the post (0.91 PPP Vs. 0.80 or Monroe) Monroe is extremely turnover prone. And "movement" and "IQ" are intangible characteristics so I don't even want to discuss those with you; we can both "see" (eye-test) different things.

A Hawks fan who doesnt believe we can win 2 series in the East. I wish I was surprised.

Come one Easy, I get being a fan ...

But do you really think that this team, as constructed, stands a puncher's chance of winning two best-of-seven series?

I love our Hawks, but if so, then you saw something last season that I didn't.  

Edited by ATLBob

How can you watch Blatche last year and say that supe? Blatche in Washington I would agree with you. Numbers show Blatche to be better in the post (0.91 PPP Vs. 0.80 or Monroe) Monroe is extremely turnover prone. And "movement" and "IQ" are intangible characteristics so I don't even want to discuss those with you; we can both "see" (eye-test) different things.

Yes, I watched Blatche. Hell I used to attend Wiz games and he was a bigger clown than JaVale. I watched him in Brooklyn as well. Did you forget, I watched them as much as us because of the pick. He was still a clown. Blatche ALWAYS had talent. A lot of talent but he always made bad decisions in terms of shot selection and he never cares to be in the right spot on offense or defense. You know what, this isn't worth my time. Ferry and crew ain't looking at Blatche for the reasons I mentioned. This ain't worth my time. This ain't. I am simply saying, you are amazingly wrong on this one.

Did you watch Detroit? Did you see their spacing? Did you see their system over the last four years? Their coaching? GT, this isn't a good comparison. Just leave it at that. Simply put.

We might as well bring Smoove back, go trade for J.R. Smith or JaVale McGee and see if Chicago is willing to trade us Anthony Randolph. That's the type of players, Blatche is like.