• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Unable to land a star in FA, Rockets bring back Ariza

Admin

Ouch now that's the Houston Chronicle I know and hate!

• Admin

So far the Rockets are having a worse off season then the HaWKS.

Their plans to sign a big name Melo and then Bosh seemed in the bag and they somehow lost out on both

Then their plan to resign Parsons blew up in their face.  If they didn't allow him to become a restricted free agent I believe they only would have had to pay him around a million this year. 

Instead they don't have him either.

So they go Ariza who had a great season in his contract year.

I truly think that after a meeting with Morey and McHale, a lot of potential new hires or FAs are like "naw, I'm good." By far two of the most overrated people in the NBA. And why I can't understand, neither has done anything of note.

I truly think that after a meeting with Morey and McHale, a lot of potential new hires or FAs are like "naw, I'm good." By far two of the most overrated people in the NBA. And why I can't understand, neither has done anything of note.

Here's a familiar name's take on Morey/HOU:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/13/rockets-back-to-spinning-wheels-again/

The Rockets could have kept Parsons for the upcoming season for the final year on his rookie contract, roughly $964,000. But the team chose not to pick up the option in order to keep the right to match any offer that he received. Then they didn’t.

Ouch.

Nice season the Rockets had there in 2013-14. They won 54 games, grabbed the No. 4 seed in the Western Conference and were feeling pretty good about themselves until nobody covered Damian Lillardwith 0.9 seconds to play.

But when the heartache of that Game 6 loss and sudden ouster in Portland finally faded, there was reason to look ahead. Until this. Now the Rockets are back on the hamster wheel making no progress.

Ouch again.

No offense to Trevor Ariza, but he doesn’t move the Rockets up in the West pecking order, doesn’t move the overall program forward.

Then again, the Rockets don’t actually have a program other than to keep swapping names and players and draft choices and salary cap spaces like trading cards. For a fellow who looked like the smartest guy in the room last summer when he landed Howard, Morey celebrates the first anniversary of that coup by telling Houston fans: “See you next summer. Please.”

Body blow, body blow!

What’s there to sell? Salary cap space, trade exceptions, maybe another video display on the front of the Toyota Center where they could photoshop LaMarcus Aldridge or LeBron James into the jersey of another current player next July.

Hopefully, that cap space and trade exception can come off the bench for some significant minutes, because in all of the grand hustle, an already thin roster became positively anorexic with the leaving ofJeremy Lin, Omer Asik and Parsons.

No mas!  Get 'em Sekou!

Edited by kg01

I'm actually just now realizing they didn't match Parsons.   I've been a little out of it.   Damn.    I'm finding pleasure in their pain.   The Mavs though are doing pretty good. 

Don't feel bad.  They said all along they'd match whatever offer he got ... then they didn't.  Parsons probably was as surprised as you are.