• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Monroe Playing Chess with Pistons

PSSSHHHRRR87

If there was no salary cap that would be a fine attitude to have. But since there is a salary cap, it's incredibly shortsighted.

That's fine. Btw, does anyone think Houston will trade for Josh Smith? Just a thought related to the Monroe situation, as they could ship Josh out and just bring back Monroe. Houston missed out on the forwards they targeted, so it would be interesting being Howard's buddy.

That's fine. Btw, does anyone think Houston will trade for Josh Smith? Just a thought related to the Monroe situation, as they could ship Josh out and just bring back Monroe. Houston missed out on the forwards they targeted, so it would be interesting being Howard's buddy.

I don't think Dwight actually wants to play with Josh. Also not sure how much $$ Houston has left.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Interesting read on Greg Monroe.  Sounds like he may want out of Detroit and is trying to force a sign and trade:

Could this be what Ferry is waiting for?  Is he looking to unload a package in a SnT for Monroe?

This is what I hope for.  And I believe that Monroe will threaten to sign the QO if a SNT can't be worked.

• Premium Member

After seeing Payne I'm really not sure we need Monroe. They're about the same size but Payne is more versatile and at least attempts to play D. Sure he won't put up Monroes #'s this year but if we trade for Monroe it would cut into his development time.

You can't put up Payne vs. Summer League talent like Birch and think that he's better than Monroe at 5 in the NBA.

I say give Payne time as BU but try to get Monroe as our starter.

• Like 1

After seeing Payne I'm really not sure we need Monroe. They're about the same size but Payne is more versatile and at least attempts to play D. Sure he won't put up Monroes #'s this year but if we trade for Monroe it would cut into his development time.

6enQwWj.gif

After watching him get pushed around by Devin Ebanks and Khem Birch constantly, I am not sure he has the core strength to play PF in the NBA successfully much less center. His core is weaker than a young Josh Smith. 

But man, I was impressed by his explosiveness on that dunk which would have been a typical layup for most and that monster block. His explosiveness is quite impressive but he is purely a PF and needs to get stronger at that position as well. 

Except Monroe has proven to be a legit 5 in the NBA, and Payne is just now coming in the league. Are they not the same age?

Monroe defends as well as Petro Antić. He's a decent post defender but we know Antić can't defend NBA 4's and we know he doesn't protect the rim. Monroe on the other hand gives us the best post offense we would have had in Atlanta since Kevin Willis. 

• Like 1

Offensively. Yes. Defensively. No.

As mentioned, we don't complain about Antić defense at 5, so why are you complaining about Monroe who basically plays defense as good as Antić. For the most part, we like Antić's defense considering he doesn't allow any really skilled post true center to score with little resistance like Al. 

His girlfriend?

I'm much better at multiple choice. Throw me some options next time.

Nothing is really wrong with Smoove. He's just not a starter in the NBA. I always said, Smoove could be the best 6th man ever. He's perfect for that role. 

Nothing is really wrong with Smoove. He's just not a starter in the NBA. I always said, Smoove could be the best 6th man ever. He's perfect for that role.

The best 6th man ever? Gimme Detlef or Ricky Pierce all day everyday.

Offensively, yeah that's true. I was talking overall and impact is where he can leave his imprint.

Hmmmm. Overall? You mean defensively? When Josh first broke into the league he was a nice intimidator and was very versatile and could block a ton of shots. Then he started trying to bulk up which made him slower and thus less mobile on D. If Bud was his coach in 2004 and beyond, who knows what might have been.

Hmmmm. Overall? You mean defensively? When Josh first broke into the league he was a nice intimidator and was very versatile and could block a ton of shots. Then he started trying to bulk up which made him slower and thus less mobile on D. If Bud was his coach in 2004 and beyond, who knows what might have been.

Josh can make a very positive impact on offense.... Sometimes. Sometimes it's really negative. You know he is not the most consistent player in the world which has always been one of his issues. 

• Like 1

How about a TPE and John Jenkins to Detroit. How does creating a TPE work?

NOOOOO!!!!

I just had flashbacks to the Al Harrington-TPE saga. Never again.