• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Assume we are done with 2014 FA....

Final_quest

I disagree. If we stay healthy with what we have now we are a top 4 seed easily I think. Honestly who really scares you in the East now? I think we are as good as anyone in the East. No team is hands down better than the other. It's wide open now.

Agree. And I think a huge difference is our ability to develop young talent. Something that has been an Achilles That could make a huge difference

2015/16 plan

1. Trade for K Love before all star break

2.Sign DeAndre Jordan/Marc Gasol in 2014 Free agency

3. Sign Kevin Durant to max in 2015

4. Championship

2015/16 plan

1. Attempt trade for K Love to get beat out by another team

2. Try to sign DeAndre Jordan/Marc Gasol in 2015 Free Agency only to have them turn us down for another team.

3. Try to sign Kevin Durant to max in 2016 and get turned down to either return to OKC or another team

4. Maybe make playoffs and lose in first round or second round

Fixed.

• Like 1

I don't get why everyone is high on the a Bulls either. Rose has not proved he is healthy yet.......I just get the feeling he is eroding like Gilbert Arenas did after knee injuries.

They were good last year to end the season and added Gasol plus star in the making Nikola Mirotic. If Rose is healthy they're a top 2 team in the East no doubt about it. Even without Rose they're gonna be a good team. 

• Premium Member

I disagree. If we stay healthy with what we have now we are a top 4 seed easily I think. Honestly who really scares you in the East now? I think we are as good as anyone in the East. No team is hands down better than the other. It's wide open now.

We're not better than Chicago, Indiana and now Cleveland. I also don't think we're better than the Wizards and the Raps. Miami isn't going away and the Hornets are just as good as we are if not better.

• Like 1

We're not better than Chicago, Indiana and now Cleveland. I also don't think we're better than the Wizards and the Raps. Miami isn't going away and the Hornets are just as good as we are if not better.

We will see. That's why they play games. I think we are as good as all of them on paper.

• Like 1

I'm hoping we trade Millsap at the deadline for picks. This team barring a trade is just going nowhere.

SMH

You sound like one of them guys who called 92.9 the game and has NO idea what he is talking about

• Like 1

• Premium Member

SMH

You sound like one of them guys who called 92.9 the game and has NO idea what he is talking about

I have no idea what you are talking about. But please tell me how you think this team right now as constructed is a viable championship level contender then.

• Premium Member

And a front line of Gasol and Horford sounds better though. Add in Milsap, Korver and Teague. That is a dominant lineup. Our bench is loaded as well

If we had added Gasol we would have to be the favorites in the east imo.

• Like 1

How are we not better than Indiana? We played them to a last minute 7 game series loss without our best player.  And now they're possibly losing Lance while we've gotten deeper and get Horford back. 

I'll give you Chicago and Cleveland (though they won't be at the Heat level of trouble) but jeez just because those teams might be better than us, we should blow it up at the trade deadline? 

• Like 2

• Moderators

How are we not better than Indiana? We played them to a last minute 7 game series loss without our best player.  And now they're possibly losing Lance while we've gotten deeper and get Horford back. 

I'll give you Chicago and Cleveland (though they won't be at the Heat level of trouble) but jeez just because those teams might be better than us, we should blow it up at the trade deadline? 

I'm too lazy to look it up but i'm guessing Rose, Noah, Pau have missed more games to injury the last 3 years than any other triumvirate in the league by a wide margin.   Its a great team right now but a shaky one. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm too lazy to look it up but i'm guessing Rose, Noah, Pau have missed more games to injury the last 3 years than any other triumvirate in the league by a wide margin. Its a great team right now but a shaky one.

On paper at this point(assuming no injuries to any players on any teams) it looks to me like the Bulls would be 1, then Cavs becoming number 2 in a late season surge after a slow start while the team is coming together, than us. I dont see anyone else clearly better than us assuming no injuries. The heat? Please we played them tight even when they had Lebron and even without our best player.

I think a front line of Gasol and Noah will be pretty good. Gasol is the best low post player in the east now. We have no one on our roster that can match up and guard him at 7-0. Miami will of course be down but with Bosh and advent up front they will be a tough matchup.

I know we all love the Hawks but we are about 5th or so in the east.

Just no.  Rose is done for so having two good low post players almost mean nothing, Look at Detriot for an example.  Miami is certainly not as good, LJ can create his own shots, pass the ball and provide leadership, something that Deng can't.  The Wizards lost Ariza and PP is SUPER slow.  I would say that the Pacers and the Cavs are better but not by much.

• Premium Member

Just no.  Rose is done for so having two good low post players almost mean nothing, Look at Detriot for an example.  Miami is certainly not as good, LJ can create his own shots, pass the ball and provide leadership, something that Deng can't.  The Wizards lost Ariza and PP is SUPER slow.  I would say that the Pacers and the Cavs are better but not by much.

Well if you want to be a dreamer on this that is fine...........but reality will show different this upcoming season.  What will the excuse be then?

It is pretty obvious the team as currently constructed is not a title contender.  It is also pretty obvious that Ferry is still looking for core pieces to build around - hence securing decent duplicate depth/rotation players on reasonable deals as trade assets.  I have to imagine Ferry is trying to replicate the building process in Houston to some extent and still is waiting to make his James Harden trade.

Let us also remember that on the injury front, even Derek Rose and Dwayne Wade have played more games over the past three seasons than Horford.

• Like 1

Assume we are done with free agency? I didn't know we ever started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2