• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time waits for no man.

Diesel

People are putting a lot of stock in Bazemore who played decent on a team that was losing a lot of games last year.

I can't speak for everyone but I see Bazemore as a nice project with a lot of potential. I expect he'll compete for backup minutes with Patterson and Thabo. He could very easily bust though, which is why we got him so cheap. 

Everyone wants Stephenson but Indy is now better with cj miles??

Charlotte looks.. OK? Nothing has drastically change. First round exit team, if that.

Brooklyn lost Pierce, their best clutch scorer who carried them in their playoff wins.

Chicago is far from a sure thing.

I think we're better than all of those teams.

Most of those teams are big question marks. I think we're a top 3 seed.

I also think we're going to have an underrated 2nd unit.

Edited by ag82

Charlotte looks.. OK? Nothing has drastically change. First round exit team, if that.

Brooklyn lost Pierce, their best clutch scorer who carried them in their playoff wins.

Charlotte changed a lot. They went from a pretty good McRoberts to an extremely athletic lottery pick in Vonleh.  Then they upgraded at SG big time from Ben Gordon / Gerald Henderson to Lance Stephenson. Throw in a very talented scorer in Hairston and that time got a lot better! 

Chicago added a guy who looks like he might be able to light it up at the NBA level in the draft, although it's way too early to say. Plus they got a legit 7' scoring option and terrific passer in Gasol. They also added the best player in Europe in Mirotic. The key for them will be the health of Rose though. 

Brooklyn should drop off but Hollins is a very good coach and I wouldn't put it past them to overachieve with him. 

Indy should take a step back but you never know. A lot depends on the fragile mind of Hibbert and whether George has peaked or not.

• Like 2

On paper, Charlotte & Chicago definitely look better than ATL at this point.

So does Washington.

IND & Brooklyn are iffier & a lot will depend on how the dice bounce.

LeBron is obviously much better than Deng, but MIA isn't going to drop off a cliff.

Toronto ain't bad and even NYK may hover around the eight seed.

The sky isn't falling & the Hawks are firmly in the talk for playoff contention, but let's wait and see if Horford & Sap play better together the second time around before we start resting on our laurels.

Just to be fair on the scale of injuries the Bulls without rose were better than we were without Horford. And they added Gasol and Dougy mcbuckets.

So if we're in a world where rose can't play, we should probably assume Horford can't either. Just for the sake of fairness.

So if we're in a world where rose can't play, we should probably assume Horford can't either. Just for the sake of fairness.

I'll gamble on the guy with two pectoral tears which represents almost half of the pectoral tears in NBA history. Over a guy who blew his knee out in two consecutive years, and hasn't proven he can change his game to lessen his risk of re-injury. If you believe these two guys injury risk are equal, then you would probably be in the minority.

• Like 1

Switch all around the world to every single year...

Digital Underground feat tupac by oublierleracismeskyblog

OK, I have to take issue with the title of the video. That is not "featuring" Tupac. HE WAS IN DIGITAL UNDERGROUND. He started as a dancer for them and they let him have the stick for a bit.

And why no love for Money B and DJ Fuze's album under the name "Raw Fusion"?

Fun fact: DJ Fuze was also part of Luniz when "I Got Five On It" went big.

I've heard from a couple different source that Bud and DF like this team a lot.........referring to the team we had last year.  Meaning, I would guess, that they have the foundation to build a team that can do well with the offense.  The additions we've made have been strategic and will improve defense.  Running the offense is key.  If we can run it like SA did in the playoffs we'll be improved. 

Just to be fair on the scale of injuries the Bulls without rose were better than we were without Horford. And they added Gasol and Dougy mcbuckets.

The Bulls are better without Rose. If your point guard is your highest scorer, you're doing it wrong.

But he is a highlight player, so everyone loses their minds for him.

This is not true. 

Well you called the Hawks the worst team in all of sports, so we're even I guess. 

Edit: And I will accept Tony Parker leading the Spurs, but he is not scoring 20+ like Rose. I just feel that is a hindrance rather than a plus for a team. 

Edited by Duff_Man

Well you called the Hawks the worst team in all of sports, so we're even I guess. 

Edit: And I will accept Tony Parker leading the Spurs, but he is not scoring 20+ like Rose. I just feel that is a hindrance rather than a plus for a team. 

That was a hyperbole. What you made was an opinion that is flat out wrong. 

That was a hyperbole. What you made was an opinion that is flat out wrong. 

A person's opinion cannot be right or wrong regardless of whether you agree or disagree with it.

My opinion is that score-first point guards are not conducive to good team basketball.

• Premium Member

This is not true. 

This is easy to figure out.  In his last full yr of playing the Bulls were 62-20 with him being the lead scorer and they lost in the ECF to Heat.

Strangely enough, in the second round, they met us and with the first take off of Teague, we won 2 games against them.

• Like 1

This is easy to figure out.  In his last full yr of playing the Bulls were 62-20 with him being the lead scorer and they lost in the ECF to Heat.

Strangely enough, in the second round, they met us and with the first take off of Teague, we won 2 games against them.

Jamal and Joe were killing till Chicago started doubling teaming them. 

Charlotte changed a lot. They went from a pretty good McRoberts to an extremely athletic lottery pick in Vonleh.  Then they upgraded at SG big time from Ben Gordon / Gerald Henderson to Lance Stephenson. Throw in a very talented scorer in Hairston and that time got a lot better! 

Chicago added a guy who looks like he might be able to light it up at the NBA level in the draft, although it's way too early to say. Plus they got a legit 7' scoring option and terrific passer in Gasol. They also added the best player in Europe in Mirotic. The key for them will be the health of Rose though. 

Brooklyn should drop off but Hollins is a very good coach and I wouldn't put it past them to overachieve with him. 

Indy should take a step back but you never know. A lot depends on the fragile mind of Hibbert and whether George has peaked or not.

I agree that on paper, a lot of those teams should be better than us, but I'd be surprised if it all worked out that way. We have a great coach, added some really nice depth and I'd be shocked if more than 2 of those teams finished higher than us and I don't think any of them would be clear favorites over us in a 7 game series, especially after how we played Indy a few months ago.

Maybe it's from years of being a Hawks fan, but I can't ever buy into a playoff team counting on a rookie to make an immediate impact. I just look back to Marvin's pre-draft scouting report, his flawless jumpshot, his athleticism.

Then again, maybe I'm just a homer with too much faith in Bud and this band of castoffs. I like a good underdog story.

• Premium Member

Jamal and Joe were killing till Chicago started doubling teaming them. 

Not exactly.   Teague was killing Rose one on one.

The main problem in that series was the production in our frontcourt.  Asik, Gibson and Boozer (in the late games) really put the hurt on our bigs.