• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If you appreciate Hawksquawk and what Dolfan does then here's a suggestion

How about people show some appreciation for this site and the hardwork by Dolfan by donating to the site with this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=F03Rxp02W5DM2BhoZJg7cQ-VW7ahoTs45ay8bA1eku1C4RbnOPAWGG0IDey&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081988ee87121ca8032a43984da2b890102b1

Talk is cheap. Extremely cheap. In fact, to talk on Hawksquawk all you need is access to the internet. Did you realize that? There is no sign-up cost to get the best analysis and insight about the Hawks in the entire internet. Trust me, I've looked around and this is the best.

Putting up some "here, here!" and "we miss you Dolf ol buddy ol pal!" is extremely cheap. Now don't get me wrong, Dolf isn't a heartless human being so he would have some sort of appreciation for that. But I am a heartless asshole, and seeing people give a hearty "we miss you!" to then glance at their sidebar and see they don't have a Squawk Supporter tag pisses me off. I'm in no position to judge any of you for your income level, and I'm not here standing up trying to make donating to the site some sort of a pissing contest. But I know for a fact that the Squawk Supporter tag costs less than $10.

So donate people. That is a sure fire way to show your appreciation.

Would've donated years ago, but I don't do PayPal either. Used to use it as acceptable form of payment at my business, until I got scammed by a couple who did a chargeback on their Visa AFTER they got what they needed and totally screwed me over. PayPal now erroneously claims that I owe them $350 back and have that as a negative balance, and I refuse to be scammed and pay it. So yeah, gimme a way other than PayPal and the donation's yours ;)

Donated sun_bespectacled.gif

My favorite message board in terms features and I just love the Hawks! Well worth the donation for all the hard work Dolfan does. I don't know any other message board that looks this nice.

You can donate through paypal as a guest through the donation button, you dont actually have to make an account.

Edited by ISO
  • Like 1

Anyway to donate without going through PayPal?

Would've donated years ago, but I don't do PayPal either. Used to use it as acceptable form of payment at my business, until I got scammed by a couple who did a chargeback on their Visa AFTER they got what they needed and totally screwed me over. PayPal now erroneously claims that I owe them $350 back and have that as a negative balance, and I refuse to be scammed and pay it. So yeah, gimme a way other than PayPal and the donation's yours wink3.gif

As @ISO mentioned, you should be able to go through as a guest. If you're an ardent Paypal hater then I would suggest going through the process but putting in a fake name and address. If it requires your credit/debit card or bank account info to match your billing, then I guess that is a problem.

Maybe we could do a kickstarter? (note: I don't know how to work a kickstarter so this could be a worthless suggestion)

Would've donated years ago, but I don't do PayPal either. Used to use it as acceptable form of payment at my business, until I got scammed by a couple who did a chargeback on their Visa AFTER they got what they needed and totally screwed me over. PayPal now erroneously claims that I owe them $350 back and have that as a negative balance, and I refuse to be scammed and pay it. So yeah, gimme a way other than PayPal and the donation's yours ;)

I had a very similar experience with PayPal, but gave it a shot as a guest. You can do the transaction as a guest where you dont have to use whatever Paypal account that you had the bad experience with.
  • Like 1

I rarely post but i read this ish like every day.... i wanted to donate but it was giving me ish about cookies... like wtf i dont even eat cookies... somebody send me a link with no cookie problems and i'll donate...

If you look underneath PPPSSHHHHRRR87's avatar there is a PayPal widget. Type the amount in the box underneath then hit enter and it should link you to a donate section.

Good job fanatic. This was actually on my mind when reading the "Post what you want thread" bc people were trippin' over Dolf taking a break but as I scrolled through I instantly noticed a lot were not even supporters. Just made me laugh...

• Premium Member

Agreed. This is such a great site that it's almost unfair some are allowed to post by not even paying the minimum 10 dollar amount. Most of the free message boards come with annoying ads or something else that you don't care to see. The only additional thing you see is the awesome twitter bar that gives me Hawks and NBA information that I normally wouldn't see since I'm not on twitter.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Definitely a great site.  I second hawksfanatic's suggestion to make a donation to help keep the lights on (and thanks to PSSSHHHRRR87 for the easy link and guest paypal guidance).  

Whether you donate or not, I also suggest posting some thanks to Dolfan on the board as well.  While kind words alone won't help maintain and improve the site, it will help him to understand how important he is to this group of Hawks hardcore fans.  Things are bad enough with him dealing with a recent injury to have to get frustrated to the point of boiling over on this site where he does so much for the Hawks online community.

• Like 2