• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

C'Mon Hawks fans

DJlaysitup

Forget the trash about Dolfan and AHF and PSS and lw3...they are all operatives

We are going down the tubes as a basketball club. Cavs are getting big help to go with LBJ and Kyrie.

Heat have their replacement and will be better than us still. Charlotte is a contender.

We got to the 8th spot last year - at 38-44 - do you really think that will work next year with other teams improving - well no - duh.

Thank heavens they won't likely have the new anti-tanking rules in place next year - we need to TANK...and tank hard. Our current roster is just cheap vittles against the new teams.

We're gonna get smoked.

• Like 1

Take it easy dude, they're opinions aren't "trash". Your optimism is apparent this fall...

We are gonna get smoked...Dollar store Danny ain't gonna get the job done - we still have no decent proven player above 6-10...we are cannon fodder for the big teams.

Korver was a flash in the pan with the streak...I could go on and on - we are not going anywhere.

I'm taking a couple weeks off and having a "personal time".

• Like 1

Healthy Wade and Bosh with the right role players are on par with us talent wise. We are not a very talented team. It is more about chemistry and playing well together with us.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

All of you doomsday posters are going to eat so much crow this season. I cant wait to see what your responses look like when we finish in the top 4.

Although OP is waaay far gone, it's not far-fetched to think we may see us take a step back this season.   Several teams in the East seemingly have gotten better while we stood pat.

If Horford comes back and stays healthy we have a shot at the top 4 but in the grand scheme of things we're still below the 2nd round ceiling.  That's not something to poke our collective chests out about.

I dont think we stood pat. Were getting an all star 18 and 10 center back. We got 2 lock down defenders on the wings in Thabo and Bazemore one with all kinds of winning playoff experience and the other an up and coming offensive player. Payne looks like he can contribute some especially on the boards. Right now there is no dominant team in the east. Lebrons playing with alot of young kids as of now, Indiana seems to be in emotional shambles and the Heat replaced Lebron with Deng not much more to be said there. The east is wide fkn open and the Hawks are in the mix.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 3

I dont think we stood pat. Were getting an all star 18 and 10 center back. We got 2 lock down defenders on the wings in Thabo and Bazemore one with all kinds of winning playoff experience and the other an up and coming offensive player. Payne looks like he can contribute some especially on the boards. Right now there is no dominant team in the east. Lebrons playing with alot of young kids as of now, Indiana seems to be in emotional shambles and the Heat replaced Lebron with Deng not much more to be said there. The east is wide fkn open and the Hawks are in the mix.

Hey, it could all go well for us too.  If so, we'll certainly be a top seed.  Either side is arguable IMO so I can't really blast anyone for being on either side.  I happen to lean more pessimistically.  

I dont think we stood pat. Were getting an all star 18 and 10 center back. We got 2 lock down defenders on the wings in Thabo and Bazemore one with all kinds of winning playoff experience and the other an up and coming offensive player. Payne looks like he can contribute some especially on the boards. Right now there is no dominant team in the east. Lebrons playing with alot of young kids as of now, Indiana seems to be in emotional shambles and the Heat replaced Lebron with Deng not much more to be said there. The east is wide fkn open and the Hawks are in the mix.

jeff teague horford sap thabo bazemore carroll korver come on in what way is that a step back. It might be a little step forward. But in no way a step back

Although OP is waaay far gone, it's not far-fetched to think we may see us take a step back this season. Several teams in the East seemingly have gotten better while we stood pat.

If Horford comes back and stays healthy we have a shot at the top 4 but in the grand scheme of things we're still below the 2nd round ceiling. That's not something to poke our collective chests out about.

I completely disagree with your we're still below the 2nd round ceiling assumption. I dont see a single team in the east that is guaranteed to be better than us and I like our chances against any of them in a 7 game series.

Im just ready for the season to start so this squad can start proving doubters wrong.

• Moderators

The better question is do you think the Nets are better than 8 teams in the East. I don't. Toronto and New York will have the upper hand in that division. We still have the right to swap with the Nets. No need to tank cause they'll do it for us with Pierce gone and KG being past his twilight years. Who's gonna save the Nets? Joe Johnson and fat Deron? Pah-leez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The better question is do you think the Nets are better than 8 teams in the East. I don't. Toronto and New York will have the upper hand in that division. We still have the right to swap with the Nets. No need to tank cause they'll do it for us with Pierce gone and KG being past his twilight years. Who's gonna save the Nets? Joe Johnson and fat Deron? Pah-leez.

Lionel Hollins could make the difference. That team is dysfunctional, but they should play hard under him.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Who's going to save the Nets? 

(( touching the side of your head like Mr. Spock ))

REMEMBER . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-EAvaXiTgw

I remember, way back when, that the Hawks had a 13 game winning season.

Every off season since, we have been told that everyone in the east except

us would be vastly improved for the upcoming season and that we would

be worse.

Strange thing is, each year since that 13 win season, the Hawks have somehow

been able to hang on and not be completely buried by all these other vastly

improved teams in the east.

I expect our Hawk team to  compete with all these other teams.  Horford

is back and we've added at least three new players while keeping most of our

core from last season.  I expect these players to be good.

Somehow, I think that doubters are selling Bud and his coaches short.  Also,

our GM may still make a small move or two.  Who knows?  He might not.

Will we be great, all world?  Nope.  Will we be better?  Yep!

Lionel Hollins could make the difference. That team is dysfunctional, but they should play hard under him.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

He is a good coach but they are old and slow. I cant help but think Hollins was promised that team will be rebuilt.

I remember, way back when, that the Hawks had a 13 game winning season.

Every off season since, we have been told that everyone in the east except

us would be vastly improved for the upcoming season and that we would

be worse.

Strange thing is, each year since that 13 win season, the Hawks have somehow

been able to hang on and not be completely buried by all these other vastly

improved teams in the east.

I expect our Hawk team to  compete with all these other teams.  Horford

is back and we've added at least three new players while keeping most of our

core from last season.  I expect these players to be good.

Somehow, I think that doubters are selling Bud and his coaches short.  Also,

our GM may still make a small move or two.  Who knows?  He might not.

Will we be great, all world?  Nope.  Will we be better?  Yep!

You know G.M. its not just that we are a little better that Im optimistic. Its that the mighty monster Heat which we would never have beaten in a 7 game series dont exist anymore. The bullies dead and on a good day in the school yard we can hold our own with anybody now in the east.

• Like 4

Forget the trash about Dolfan and AHF and PSS and lw3...they are all operatives

We are going down the tubes as a basketball club. Cavs are getting big help to go with LBJ and Kyrie.

Heat have their replacement and will be better than us still. Charlotte is a contender.

We got to the 8th spot last year - at 38-44 - do you really think that will work next year with other teams improving - well no - duh.

Thank heavens they won't likely have the new anti-tanking rules in place next year - we need to TANK...and tank hard. Our current roster is just cheap vittles against the new teams.

We're gonna get smoked.

Henceforth, this will be my only official response to ridiculous posts by The Miserable Ones:

http://youtu.be/7YrIj4I7ecg

• Like 1

Hawks were 3 mins from knocking off the #1 seed last year with Antić as our starting center and Lou and Cartier as our wings off the bench. Plug in our all-star center, and replace Lou/Cartier with Blaze/Sef and Hawks are already better than last year's Hawks. Especially considering the players have a year with the new coach and system under their belts too. How you like your crow?

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3