• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

C'Mon Hawks fans

DJlaysitup

Hawks were 3 mins from knocking off the #1 seed last year with Antić as our starting center and Lou and Cartier as our wings off the bench. Plug in our all-star center, and replace Lou/Cartier with Blaze/Sef and Hawks are already better than last year's Hawks. Especially considering the players have a year with the new coach and system under their belts too. How you like your crow?

Plus no lance Stephenson in Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely disagree with your we're still below the 2nd round ceiling assumption. I dont see a single team in the east that is guaranteed to be better than us and I like our chances against any of them in a 7 game series.

Im just ready for the season to start so this squad can start proving doubters wrong.

Hey, I hope you're right.  I see a couple that are potentially better but who knows.  I hope to be wrong too but history's on my side (well, not the way I'd like it to be).

• Premium Member

Last year with a healthy C whether Antić or Horford and DMC in the starting lineup i believe we were 30-16 if i have time i would like to figure out the WP of those 46 opponents. One would have to think that with additional depth at the wings we will be fine though. What do i know just an optimist i guess

• Like 2

The better question is do you think the Nets are better than 8 teams in the East. I don't. Toronto and New York will have the upper hand in that division. We still have the right to swap with the Nets. No need to tank cause they'll do it for us with Pierce gone and KG being past his twilight years. Who's gonna save the Nets? Joe Johnson and fat Deron? Pah-leez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still had the best record in the east the 2nd half of last season.

Anything less than a championship is trash at this point, and this team isn't solid or sexy enough to be taken seriously by the league.  Some bold news would be appreciated, because "Cap Space" is still riding the bench.

I remember, way back when, that the Hawks had a 13 game winning season.

Every off season since, we have been told that everyone in the east except

us would be vastly improved for the upcoming season and that we would

be worse.

Are you seriously saying that we were expected to be worse than 13 wins?...or even the 26 wins? This makes very little sense.

Let's remember - when we went from 13 wins - to double that win total (26)...we went from unbelievably bad (laughingstock of the league) to just really, really bad and lower 10%. To be able to double your win total and still be WAY outside of the playoff picture was somewhat amazing. Few teams have ever done that.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Henceforth, this will be my only official response to ridiculous posts by The Miserable Ones:

http://youtu.be/7YrIj4I7ecg

And this number will go out to all you Ferry-iers

C'mon you know that's funny.

• Premium Member

While I agree with the OP that we do need to get a superstar this team is still on pace to win 40-45 games barring major injury. The only reason we finished with 38 wins last year was that horrible three week or so stretch where we literally had NO ONE at center. If that didn't happen we would have finished with at least a .500 record.

• Like 1

And this number will go out to all you Ferry-iers

C'mon you know that's funny.

Yeah, I laughed.....

http://youtu.be/IJ_R-G_i4Xk

MrMeltdown:

We have done nothing to improve?

You don't believe our draft picks and those players we have

signed will be any improvement? 

On what reason do you come to this conclusion? 

Sure, I agree.  Hawks didn't sign a super star.  We didn't get in the lottery

and draft one of those "can't miss" players sitting there on top of the

players available.

Yet, with this failure on our part to grab one of those desirable players,

I personally believe in those new players we did get.  I sincerely believe

that what we have done will be an improvement.

Opinions are like noses.  Everyone has one and they are all different.

However, facts are not different.  Facts do not change.  The fact is, we

must wait and see what the results are at the end of the season.  then

and only then will we truly know which of us has guessed right.

sun_bespectacled.gif

• Like 3

While I agree with the OP that we do need to get a superstar this team is still on pace to win 40-45 games barring major injury. The only reason we finished with 38 wins last year was that horrible three week or so stretch where we literally had NO ONE at center. If that didn't happen we would have finished with at least a .500 record.

I think this teams win range is more like 54-48

• Premium Member

Tankers, already?

Sorry guys, this team is a 50+ right now in the East, provided al doesn't hurt his boobs again and the other guys stay reasonably healthy.

Getting rid of Lou was addition by subtraction, and one would think adding defenders like Thabo and Bazemore can't hurt either.

Homecourt advantage if everyone stays healthy. Book it.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 4

• Moderators

I think this teams win range is more like 54-48

If that is intended to read:  44-48 then I am on board with that.  I could even see up to 50 wins if things break right.  54 wins is out of reach without something transformative happening.

If that is intended to read:  44-48 then I am on board with that.  I could even see up to 50 wins if things break right.  54 wins is out of reach without something transformative happening.

No sir.  You read it perfectly clear.  54-48 is our win range. 

Bud's system and player development is transformative in itself. 

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

The last time we were the number 1 seed we didnt have 1 seed talent by any means. Just pieces that fit together under a great coach. We got knocked out by Indiana in the 2nd round but we did have some injuries and the dumb Nique trade. I look at the East now much like it was then, up for grabs. We have alot of really good players under what appears to be a really good coach. I think a top 3 east seed is very reachable. I think winning the east is a possibility for us this season. Remember while we dont have alot of playoff winning experience as far as winning the east goes, nobody else in the east does either. Its a new ride for everybody.

• Like 2

Im excited about Thabo ,Bazemore ,Horford coming back and Payne. I think they add depth and in the case of Thabo and Bazemore solid perimeter defense. Ive heard Thabo was really beaten down for his bad defense vs the Spurs in the playoffs and I wonder well who didnt the Spurs make look silly on defense during the playoffs. Those guys were on fire.  Do I hope Ferry has a signing or trade up his sleeve to improve us even more, dam rite I do. As of now though we are much improved and have more depth.

• Like 2

• Moderators

No sir.  You read it perfectly clear.  54-48 is our win range. 

Bud's system and player development is transformative in itself. 

I hope you are right but don't think "culture" will carry us that far.  48 wins would be a very good result for this team.