• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Are you ready for our Newest Hawk? He's Ready!

Diesel

My guess is that he will start.

I think the chemistry between he and Teague will be awfully good.

In 29 mpg, he was a 15 ppg guy in LAL.

That's his first season as a starter. I'm looking for more in our system.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's an 17-18 ppg guy.

Same feelings over here!

Bazemore is going to break some of your hearts.

Yeah if he doesn't get the opportunity but I know bud will play him so I doubt he breaks too many parts.

I want to see him drop 17-18ppg but if he doesn't my heart isn't broken, because I know he hasn't had a full year to start and he probably won't start until a month or 2 in the season. Even then if he drops 14ppg I will be extremely happy!

10ppg I'm happy!

Single digit scoring however and I will be upset.

His game and minutes will be predicated on how frequently he can get to the line and convert I think. If he can somehow grind out 5 or 6 a game, everything else will gel for him. I think Bud and the staff see some opportunities for highlights and playing above the rim for him, but I don't know about his dribble driving ability. If he can defend solidly, hit threes in the high 30s, and move well off the ball, he should work out very well. If he can give us 15-5-3 I'd be very surprised and pleased.

LOL . . I detect sarcasm.

I think some of them really think that he's going to be an upgrade over Lou Williams.   Maybe defensively, but definitely not offensively.

Lou Williams production (53-55% TS%) on offense and really good defense is a major improvement though.

• Moderators

Neither Thabo or Bazemore have been close to Lou yet on offense. He is really being underrated as a throwaway on a lot of threads. Not that Baxemore necessarily can't get there but there was a sizable gap last season and I expect Lou to be better this year than his first year post-surgery.

• Like 2

Neither Thabo or Bazemore have been close to Lou yet on offense. He is really being underrated as a throwaway on a lot of threads. Not that Baxemore necessarily can't get there but there was a sizable gap last season and I expect Lou to be better this year than his first year post-surgery.

It was honestly just a bad fit for coach buds offense...healthy or not.

I'm not saying Lou isn't good anymore but it was clear that even healthy or healthier throughout the season he just wasn't a good fit for this style.

Now is Bazemore and Thabo? I honestly think so. I feel Thabo can fit in just fine. I think Baze with given opportunity like he received in LA is going to surprise a bunch of hawk fans and it makes sense that ferry and bud chased him so hard.

• Moderators

Thabo is an offensive non-entity at his best and someone players cheat off of at worst. His sole value is D and an occasional 3. I am excited to see Bazemore's offensive game but consider him largely an unknown for Bud's system. Whatever freelance 'Swaggy' offense LA ran last year was far from Bud's system.

How is this team dull? jeffy, sap, al, baze all fun to watch

Exactly. And I've never had so much fun watching the hawks as I did at the beginning of this season when horford was playing. Our offense was unstoppable in december with Al. Averaging 112 per game. 1st in assists and assist/turnover ratio. 1st in 3pt percentage.

Not sure how any bball-head couldnt be excited about this team, but then again many on here like to complain about nothing.

• Like 2

Thabo is an offensive non-entity at his best and someone players cheat off of at worst. His sole value is D and an occasional 3. I am excited to see Bazemore's offensive game but consider him largely an unknown for Bud's system. Whatever freelance 'Swaggy' offense LA ran last year was far from Bud's system.

Thabo's offensive game is certainly limited, but he has been playing in an offense dominated by 2 iso players. He will be more of an offensive threat in our system than he ever was in okc. I could see him putting up around 10 per game depending on his minutes.

• Premium Member

With Thabos length in Buds system he should get to the bucket and FT line as well as hit occasional spot up 3s so i could easily see him avg close to double figures if he got more than 20mpg

• Premium Member

With Thabos length in Buds system he should get to the bucket and FT line as well as hit occasional spot up 3s so i could easily see him avg close to double figures if he got more than 20mpg

I don't think that's ever been a part of Billy Blanks' game.  I think he's more of a set shot shooter.  That's fine but it is what it is...

• Premium Member

I don't think that's ever been a part of Billy Blanks' game. I think he's more of a set shot shooter. That's fine but it is what it is...

OKC offense got over 60 ppg from just 3 players, the Bulls offense also involved a lot of isolations, this will be the first offense that Thabo will have played in that involves everyone consistently touching the ball

• Like 2

• Premium Member

OKC offense got over 60 ppg from just 3 players, the Bulls offense also involved a lot of isolations, this will be the first offense that Thabo will have played in that involves everyone consistently touching the ball

Again, that's fine.. but let's not put expectations on BBlanks that he will all the sudden be great at doing what he has never shown that  he can do before.  It's Boris Diaw all over.  We're trying to make him fit into what we need.  I don't think that's logical.  I would rather expect that he would be a very solid set shooter and would teach the PGs to find him in his spots as an option.  Public Enemy Kent Bazemore is the one who we should expect to drive the lane and produce offense off the slash.

Again, that's fine.. but let's not put expectations on BBlanks that he will all the sudden be great at doing what he has never shown that  he can do before.  It's Boris Diaw all over.  We're trying to make him fit into what we need.  I don't think that's logical.  I would rather expect that he would be a very solid set shooter and would teach the PGs to find him in his spots as an option.  Public Enemy Kent Bazemore is the one who we should expect to drive the lane and produce offense off the slash.

I think tuner was referring to ball movement when he said that he could see Thabo getting to the rim and getting FT's.  Our movement oriented style of play will open up cutting lanes for him and he's big enough to be a solid finisher once he gets to the rim.  I don't think any one expects Thabo to suddenly be a creator off of the dribble.

I would be lying if I said I was intimately familiar with Thabo's offensive game, so I went back to see what the draft experts had to say:

"Offensively, he is mostly a slasher at this point. He is a good ball-handler with either hand with experience as a point guard at the junior levels, with the understanding for breaking defenses down off the dribble that comes along with that. He already brings the ball up the floor for his team at times, and being a pretty mistake free player, does a good job at minimizing turnovers. He has a nice first step and the footwork to create his own shot or for others, being highly creative once he gets in the lane finishing or finding the open man on the drive and dish.

Also related to his experience at the point are his playmaking skills. Sefolosha is a creative passer who is highly unselfish (to a fault at times) with the ball in his hands, looking smooth and effortless moving the ball around the floor.

Sefolosha generally has an outstanding feel for the game. He is very intelligent moving off the ball, extremely poised for a player his age competing at such a high level of competition, and doesn’t rush or force anything out on the floor. He’s your consummate role player, not having a problem being just another cog in his team’s ball-movement. He is clearly the most talented player on his team, but because of his youth and the fact that the three Americans that start around him are shoot first one-on-one type players, he’s only the 4th or 5th option offensively. He’s a willing role player, and is happy to do everything for his team on the court.
In terms of shooting, Sefolosha has European 3-point range, but mostly with his feet set. This year he’s started to show more in terms of shooting off the dribble, but he’s still not consistent enough in this area.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz38J8pEMi6
http://www.draftexpress.com

I think he'll fit in nicely here.

I compare him to DMC in this regard: when we signed DMC last season I knew we were getting a defensive player, I had no expectations offensively with past averages of 5.8ppg/3.3rpg (average about 6 shots a game).  With more playing time and Coach Bud's system taking advantage and putting him in places for him to succeed he increased his scoring to 11ppg/5.5rpg.(averaged about 11-12 shots per game)

Thabo has averaged 6.2ppg/3.3rpg beating in mind he takes on average about 6 shots per game.  In our offense I think he gets more shots opportunities.  I'm not expected any offensive explosions but I think he gets easier looks in the flow of the offense than he did in OKC.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

About BBlanks I'm saying this...

We curse the OKC offensive style as being unruly and every man for himself.   Well, BBlanks played in that offense for a while and we watched Westbrook go in and go out and BBlanks never changed.

About BBlanks I'm saying this...

We curse the OKC offensive style as being unruly and every man for himself. Well, BBlanks played in that offense for a while and we watched Westbrook go in and go out and BBlanks never changed.

Who is BBlanks - that name is stupid. Don't get it.

The offense didn't change when Westbrook went out. Jackson took his shots. Thabo was still an afterthought in that offense.