• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Are you ready for our Newest Hawk? He's Ready!

Diesel

Who is BBlanks - that name is stupid. Don't get it

I'm pretty sure it's a play on words. Billy Blanks made Taebo exercise videos. Sefolosha's first name is Thabo. Thabo = Taebo hence Diesel's nickname BBlanks.

It's pretty clever. Diesel did you come up with that on your own, or was that already his nickname?

• Moderators

I would be lying if I said I was intimately familiar with Thabo's offensive game, so I went back to see what the draft experts had to say:

"Offensively, he is mostly a slasher at this point. He is a good ball-handler with either hand with experience as a point guard at the junior levels, with the understanding for breaking defenses down off the dribble that comes along with that. He already brings the ball up the floor for his team at times, and being a pretty mistake free player, does a good job at minimizing turnovers. He has a nice first step and the footwork to create his own shot or for others, being highly creative once he gets in the lane finishing or finding the open man on the drive and dish.

Also related to his experience at the point are his playmaking skills. Sefolosha is a creative passer who is highly unselfish (to a fault at times) with the ball in his hands, looking smooth and effortless moving the ball around the floor.

Sefolosha generally has an outstanding feel for the game. He is very intelligent moving off the ball, extremely poised for a player his age competing at such a high level of competition, and doesn’t rush or force anything out on the floor. He’s your consummate role player, not having a problem being just another cog in his team’s ball-movement. He is clearly the most talented player on his team, but because of his youth and the fact that the three Americans that start around him are shoot first one-on-one type players, he’s only the 4th or 5th option offensively. He’s a willing role player, and is happy to do everything for his team on the court.

In terms of shooting, Sefolosha has European 3-point range, but mostly with his feet set. This year he’s started to show more in terms of shooting off the dribble, but he’s still not consistent enough in this area.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz38J8pEMi6

http://www.draftexpress.com

I think he'll fit in nicely here.

I compare him to DMC in this regard: when we signed DMC last season I knew we were getting a defensive player, I had no expectations offensively with past averages of 5.8ppg/3.3rpg (average about 6 shots a game). With more playing time and Coach Bud's system taking advantage and putting him in places for him to succeed he increased his scoring to 11ppg/5.5rpg.(averaged about 11-12 shots per game)

Thabo has averaged 6.2ppg/3.3rpg beating in mind he takes on average about 6 shots per game. In our offense I think he gets more shots opportunities. I'm not expected any offensive explosions but I think he gets easier looks in the flow of the offense than he did in OKC.

DMC scored at the exact same per minute rate he always has. The difference in his per game jump is the jump in mpg, not scoring rate. I am hoping for an effective and limited perimeter shooter in Thabo. I don't think it is reasonable to expect more.