• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

• Moderators

(loose Google translation from Encestado)

http://encestando.es/toronto-raptors-comunica-al-fin-al-estudiantes-que-se-llevan-a-nogueira-y-pagara-su-clausula-de-600-000-euros/

In the coming days will end [the Estudiantes stage for] Lucas Nogueira. The player, except [for a] last minute surprise that [is] no longer expected, [will] pay its clause and sign with the Toronto Raptors, the team that has rights to the NBA.

A couple of days ago the Canadian franchise informed the collegiate club this decision and would be paid the money to buy their freedom. Since earlier this month [the Raptors] began to insinuate this possibility, as we have here, until this week there has been much uncertainty. So much that even Barcelona, ​​Real Madrid and Valencia Basket called [Estudiantes] to inquire about her situation.

The [NBA exit clause for] Nogueira is 600,000 euros [approx. $800,000 U.S.] as set 13 months ago, when the pivot is pointed to the 2016 draft and was selected by the Atlanta Hawks, a few weeks ago transferred their rights to the Raptors. As franchises can only add about $550,000 to buy players under contract in Europe according to NBA rules, the rest [will be paid by] the Brazilian [bebe]. Not expected to have many problems since [he] signed a contract for several million dollars.

The Estudiantes club will use the buyout money to help pay its debts, if I'm reading the story right.

~lw3

• Moderators

Bebe will be pretty damn good in Toronto and the doubters will feast on crow.

I'm excited for him to get a chance.   I'm a doubter but also a crow lover so either way i win.   Actually I hope he's great even if that will hurt a bit.   My doubt is based on the fact that the only shot he can make is a dunk and that speed down the court will look a lot slower in the nba.   Still pulling for him though.