• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ATLANTA HAWKS 2014 5 BOLD PREDICTIONS

NJHAWK

Alright let me ask it the proper way.   Why have the Hawks never once attempted to get a "real" center and shift Al to PF?

No offense, but that question has been asked and talked about 1000 times, and I may be under... So we'll go with the typical answer... What "typical" center is available? There is not many left, and most are pretty locked up... It's not a Ewing, Deke, Hakeem, Smits, league anymore...

Alright let me ask it the proper way. Why have the Hawks never once attempted to get a "real" center and shift Al to PF?

Because Al was always a better C than whatever "real" center was a available at the time.

Or putting Al at PF would mean Josh at SF (haha we've seen the disastrous results in Det)

When LAL wanted Josh for Pau I wanted to make that trade (JJ was still here and D'Antoni hadn't run Pau ragged) but the LA got greedy asking for Teague and a pick also.

• Premium Member

Because Al was always a better C than whatever "real" center was a available at the time.

Or putting Al at PF would mean Josh at SF (haha we've seen the disastrous results in Det)

When LAL wanted Josh for Pau I wanted to make that trade (JJ was still here and D'Antoni hadn't run Pau ragged) but the LA got greedy asking for Teague and a pick also.

Jefferson last summer

• Moderators

No offense, but that question has been asked and talked about 1000 times, and I may be under... So we'll go with the typical answer... What "typical" center is available? There is not many left, and most are pretty locked up... It's not a Ewing, Deke, Hakeem, Smits, league anymore...

None taken.  I agree with you 100%.  

just something interesting I noticed that next year free agency will be extremely deep in centers.

Some notable unrestricted FAs

Robin Lopez

Asik

Tyson Chandler

Marc Gasol

edit: Roy Hibbert has a PO, not an unrestricted FA

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

just something interesting I noticed that next year free agency will be extremely deep in centers.

Some notable unrestricted FAs

Robin Lopez

Asik

Tyson Chandler

Marc Gasol

edit: Roy Hibbert has a PO, not an unrestricted FA

The problem is I don't see those guys going anywhere.   Hibbert would have to take the option right?  It wouldn't suprise me if Chandler stays with the Mavs the rest of his career.   I think people are expecting big things from Davis/Asik too but you never know.

Marc Gasol / Horford on the Hawks would have most of the board in hysterics.  The "Little Fundamental" and the "Spanish Admiral".  I should trademark that now.