• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

In Retrospect...... I have to ask!

Wurider05

Some of y'all will never be satisfied

I will never be satisfied with 1st round exits (I suspect you won't either).  That doesn't mean we don't recognize the silver linings from this past season.

• Premium Member

I will never be satisfied with 1st round exits (I suspect you won't either).  That doesn't mean we don't recognize the silver linings from this past season.

New coach, best player injured, young players, year 2 of the rebuilding process.  Yeah, I'm satisfied and looking forward to this up coming season. 

• Like 1

I'm not satisfied but I'm encouraged about the situation going forward.

(I wanted that Indy win in Game 6 real bad - I could taste it).

Edited by JayBirdHawk

New coach, best player injured, young players, year 2 of the rebuilding process.  Yeah, I'm satisfied and looking forward to this up coming season. 

Those are all excuses.  Plus our players aren't young and we're not rebuilding.  New/old coach doesn't matter.  Him being a good coach is what matters.  I think @JayBirdHawk said it best.  Nothing wrong with being encouraged by the glimpses the team showed, but that's about as far as I can go with it.

I also found a reenactment of JBH's reaction after game 6:

843085922.gif?1394502313

Just imagine him with a wig.

Those are all excuses. Plus our players aren't young and we're not rebuilding. New/old coach doesn't matter. Him being a good coach is what matters. I think @JayBirdHawk said it best. Nothing wrong with being encouraged by the glimpses the team showed, but that's about as far as I can go with it.

I also found a reenactment of JBH's reaction after game 6:

843085922.gif?1394502313

Just imagine him with a wig.

They may be excuses it's also a statement of fact regarding new coach/system and the plethora (been wanting to use that word for awhile) of injuries

You got it wrong on my reaction @kg01 though - that used to be my reaction when Josh launched a 3 pointers with 17 seconds on the shot clock.

I had a more of "well shite" reaction sitting on the beach.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Some of y'all will never be satisfied

That's not it dude... I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I came of harsh, but it's obvious the western conference is so much better than east...

They may be excuses it's also a statement of fact regarding new coach/system and the plethora (been wanting to use that word for awhile) of injuries

You got it wrong on my reaction @kg01 though - that used to be my reaction when Josh launched a 3 pointers with 17 seconds on the shot clock.

I had a more of "well shite" reaction sitting on the beach.

So you were more like ...

disappointment.gif

Yes, the pursuit of the perfect gif has consumed my day.

So you were more like ...

disappointment.gif

Yes, the pursuit of the perfect gif has consumed my day.

Lol - you nailed it. You really have too much time on your hands. Hahaha. Edited by JayBirdHawk

I doubt many teams last year besides maybe the Lakers have ever faced the injury spell we had . We lost our best player for the season early on but it wasnt just that. When your depending on Brand who we prolly signed to play 12 minutes winds up being a starter and playing big minutes at his age you know your in trouble. Having to bring Moose over from Spain out of need as opposed to want shows just how bad things got as well.

. Yet we battled through that and almost made some noise in the playoffs. We were a few minutes from beating Indy in game 6 but we let it slip.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The whole of the EC was meh...especially the Pacers after the break. Being realistic, which people equate to "hating" these days, we finished six games under .500 in a soggy Eastern Conference. I wouldn't characterize us as "that good."

And while we did play an inspired series vs. the Pacers, Game 5 is the cause for all the chatter. The Pacers played like bums and we had some guys playing above their heads. Take nothing away from Bud and the way we play ball, because those are both positives. However, I don't think we should be hanging our hats on that series like we've somehow "arrived" at something.

Good series, good team play, great coaching. Still a loss and we need to get much better.

Just wanted to slow clap this post.

• Like 1